New York Yankees Odds
The New York Yankees enter every year as a likely favorite to win the American League and, similarly, with a favorite’s odds to win the World Series. It’s no shock, then, that they generate a ton of action at the betting window.
This also means you’ll find dozens of ways to bet on the Yankees at legal NY sportsbooks Below find the best available Yankees game odds, Yankees World Series odds, key betting stats, and a little Yankees history.
Best New York Yankees sports betting sites
Tonight’s Yankee odds
Below find the best available moneyline for today’s Yankees game. Click on any odds to claim your bonus and get started.
Yankees World Series odds
Want current World Series odds? Below find the best available odds on the Yankees to win the World Series, AL and AL East.
Aaron Judge prop odds
What are Judge’s odds to pop one out tonight or lead the league in HRs again? Check out Judge’s daily prop odds below.
Next Up: Baltimore Orioles
- Game Day: Friday, September 30, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
Recent Meetings With The Orioles
|Date||Home Team||Moneyline Odds||Total Runs||Result|
|Last 6 Totals||Overall Record: 4-2||O/U Record: 2-4|
Yankees Insights Vs Orioles
- The Yankees will send Domingo German (2-3) to the mound for his 11th start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched out of the bullpen on Saturday, when he threw 5 2/3 innings, giving up three earned runs while allowing three hits to the Boston Red Sox.
- New York ranks 15th in MLB with a .241 team batting average.
- The Yankees rank 17th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.6 whiffs per contest.
- The Yankees have pitched to a 3.35 this season, which ranks third in baseball.
New York's Last 10 Games
|Overall Record||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record||Total Runs O/U/P||AVG Runs Scored||AVG Runs Allowed|
|9 - 1||8-0||0-1||7-3-0||6.9||3.9|
Betting Lines And Odds For Yankees Vs. Orioles
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Run Line||Total Runs|
Yankees Betting Trends
- The Yankees have come away with 90 wins in the 138 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- This year, New York has won 43 of 58 games when listed as at least -190 or better on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Yankees have a 65.5% chance of pulling out a win.
- In eight games as the favorite over the last 10 contests, New York has a perfect record of 8-0.
Yankees Players To Watch
- Aaron Judge leads the squad with a batting average of .313, while leading the Yankees in home runs, with 61 and runs batted in with 130.
- Judge's home runs place him first in MLB, and he is first in RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is batting .226 with 21 doubles, a triple, 32 home runs and 57 walks.
- Of all major league hitters, Rizzo ranks 13th in home runs and 44th in RBI.
- Rizzo will look to safely hit in his third straight game in this one. In his last five games he is hitting .294 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Gleyber Torres has 26 doubles, a triple, 24 home runs and 39 walks while batting .255.
- Torres looks to add another to a two-game hitting streak in this one. During his last five outings he is batting .412 with a double, a home run, two walks and seven RBI.
Injuries For New York Vs Baltimore
Yankees: Wandy Peralta: 15-Day IL (back), Stephen Ridings: 60-Day IL (shoulder), Albert Abreu: 15-Day IL (elbow), Miguel Castro: 60-Day IL (shoulder), Matt Carpenter: 10-Day IL (foot), Frankie Montás: 15-Day IL (shouder), Derek Dietrich: Suspended List (suspension), DJ LeMahieu: 10-Day IL (toe), Andrew Benintendi: 10-Day IL (wrist), Luis Gil: 60-Day IL (elbow), Michael King: 60-Day IL (elbow), Chad Green: 60-Day IL (elbow)
Baltimore Orioles: Ramón Urías: 10-Day IL (knee), Tyler Wells: 15-Day IL (shouder), John Means: 60-Day IL (elbow), Chris Ellis: 60-Day IL (shoulder), Isaiah Kearns: Restricted List (personal)
Yankees Upcoming Games
|9/26/2022||Blue Jays||L 3-2||Away|
|9/27/2022||Blue Jays||W 5-2||Away|
|9/28/2022||Blue Jays||W 8-3||Away|
How to bet on Yankees games in New York
Using a NY sports betting app has never been easier. To get started, follow these steps:
- Browse this page to find plenty of sportsbook promos and free bets to help get you started. Once you find one that suits your needs, click the link.
- Register an account. Fill out any necessary sign-up information such as your email, date of birth. If necessary, verify your identity when prompted.
- Download the app of the sportsbook(s) you’ve signed up for. With an app, you can have easy access to the sportsbook from anywhere you go where betting is legal. You can track and follow your actions.
- Claim any promotions on your account, and if necessary, deposit funds with any acceptable payment method.
- Place your bets! Make sure you confirm your bets after you place them.
You can legally place your bets online in NY and take care of the entire registration process at your convenience. To place bets, you’ll need to be physically in the state. Online sportsbooks use geolocation tracking to verify that you are.
Live betting on the Yankees
Just because you miss the first pitch doesn’t mean you can’t get in on the action. With live betting, you can place bets after the game has started. The odds will be adjusted for what has happened in the game up until that point.
If the Yankees give up a run in the top of the first inning, you can bet them to come back and win the game. You’ll likely get better odds than they were at pre-game. The Yankees are a great team to live bet on due to their strong bullpen.
Additionally, you can bet on whether the next batter will get a hit. Some other options include whether the Yankees will score a run in the next inning.
Live betting is best with an app because you can bet from anywhere. If you need to make a quick run to the store for milk, you can place a bet from your phone while waiting to check out at the store.
Best NY Yankees betting app
If you want to bet on the Yankees, you should check out the DraftKings Sportsbook app.
DraftKings is an industry leader with a sleek mobile app, plenty of available markets and proposition bets, great live-betting options, and industry-leading sign-up bonuses and promotions.
There’s a reason DraftKings has scooped up so much of the market share in the area. They offer great options which can appease any bettor while making it easy to deposit, bet and withdraw your money.
Bet on Yankees futures
With the Yankees reputation for success, betting on them on a game-by-game basis can get expensive. If you want a cheaper way to get invested in the Yankees, the futures market is a great way to do that.
You can bet the futures market before the season starts or while the season is in progress, with the Yankees odds being adjusted based on what we’ve seen up to that point.
The advantage to a futures market is that you’ll get a greater payout if you can accurately predict the future. For example, in Spring Training, the Yankees betting odds might be +600 to win the World Series. At the all-star break, they might go down to +450. By the start of the playoffs, they might be +300. In the ALCS, they could be +150. If they make it to the World Series, they might be -150 favorites.
The sooner you bet, the larger payout you’ll get in most cases. Consider in this scenario, a $150 bet on the Yankees to win the World Series in Spring Training would pay out $900. That same $150 bet before the World Series would only win you $100.
In addition to betting on the Yankees to win the World Series, you can bet on them to win their division, the AL East. You can also bet on them to win the American League. You can also bet them to go over or under their season-long win total.
Future betting is not just limited to betting on the Yankees as a collective unit. You can bet on players in the futures market. Gerrit Cole has finished in the top five of Cy Young several times in recent seasons. Maybe you think this will be the year he finally takes home the award. Aaron Judge led the American League in home runs in 2017, and if he stays healthy, there’s a chance he can do it again in 2022. Betting through the futures market on your favorite players can offer a great payday.
The Yankees will have a normal 162 game schedule. The All-Star break falls into its usual mid-July window with the season slated to wrap up in Oct.
The Yanks play 19 games against each team in their division: Orioles, Toronto Blue Jays, Tampa Bay Rays, and Boston Red Sox. They will also play 66 games total against the other 10 teams in the American League. The Yankees will play 20 interleague games as well.
Yankees betting lines explained
Below is an example of a typical line for a Yankees’ game that you might find online, such as on the PointsBet app, with an explanation of what each bet means.
|NY Yankees||-1.5 (+140)||-170||Over 8.5 (-110)|
|Boston Red Sox||+1.5 (-160)||+150||Under 8.5 (-110)|
- Runline: A runline bet is the equivalent of a spread bet in baseball or basketball. You are betting whether you think the favorite will cover the spread or whether the underdog will keep the game close or win outright. Due to baseball’s variance and relatively low scoring games, the run-line is almost always set at 1.5 runs and the favorite is usually an underdog to cover.
- Moneyline: Betting on which team you think will win the game. It’s as simple as that. The moneyline odds are set based on the probability of each team winning. To win $100 in profit on the Yankees in the above example, you’d need to risk $170. If you think the Red Sox could pull off an upset, a $100 bet could net you a profit of $150.
- Total: Much like total betting in other sports, you are betting whether the teams will combine to score over or under the listed number of runs. These totals will fluctuate based on the offensive talent of teams, the starting pitchers for the game, and the strength of the bullpen. Park factors will also play a part.
Yankees Vegas odds vs. online odds in NY
Sports betting has been a fixture in Las Vegas for many years, but only recently has it been legalized in more places across the country. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that the newer sportsbooks’ odds closely mirror the sports betting odds found in Vegas. Why fix what isn’t broken?
Both sportsbooks in New York, as well as sportsbooks in Vegas, use similar methods to determine their odds. They use high-powered models to set a line with small adjustments made for a variety of factors such as injuries or current form.
You might find a small difference in the odds when you bet on the local team in New York. People love betting the hometown team, so the odds for teams like the Yankees might be a little worse locally as opposed to out west as the local sportsbooks try to lessen their liability.
Why bet the Yankees over the Mets?
When betting baseball in New York, you have a choice of betting either the Yankees or the Mets. Both teams are expected to be very competitive, but why should you bet the Yanks over the Mets?
- The Yankees are generally the better team. Sure, the Mets have their moments, but they just don’t have a track record that’s anywhere near what the Bronx Bombers bring to the table. Whether it’s futures or game bets, the Yankees are often the safer choice.
- The New York Mets might have a solid rotation, but their bullpen is typically not very trustworthy. Meanwhile, the Yankees bullpen is one of the more reliable options in the league. You can relax more in the later innings if you back the Yankees.
Latest odds on NY teams
Yankees sports betting partnerships
The Yankees do not yet have a sports betting partnership. However, legalizing sports betting in New York may open the doors to some very intriguing deals in the future. Will we ever see a sportsbook at Yankee Stadium? It’s far too soon to tell, but also not entirely out of the realm of possibility somewhere down the road.
Yankees top prospects
Below are the consensus top-five prospects in the Yankees organization.
Yankees bench staff
The manager of the New York Yankees is Aaron Boone. The Yankees have made the playoffs in all of his seasons at the helm but have yet to win the American League or World Series under his tutelage.
Carlos Mendoza is the bench coach. He was promoted to the post in 2019 after serving as the infield coach since 2017. He’s been in the Yankees’ organization since 2009. Matt Blake is the Yankees pitching coach after being hired in 2019. The Yankees hired him after he served the Cleveland Indians organization.
Recent Yankees managers
Here’s a list of the five most recent Yankees managers:
|Aaron Boone||328-218 (.601)||2018-Present|
|Joe Girardi||910-710 (.562)||2008-2017|
|Joe Torre||1,173-767 (.605)||1996-2007|
|Buck Showalter||313-268 (.539)||1992-1995|
|Stump Merrill||120-155 (.436)||1990-1991|
New York Yankees home games
- Name: Yankee Stadium
- Address: 1 East 161st St
- Location: Bronx, New York
- Owner: NY City Industrial Development Agency
- Operator: Yankee Stadium LLC
- Capacity: 47,309
- Ground Breaking: August 2006
- Opening Date: April 2009
- Construction Cost: $2.3 billion
- Other Events Hosted: MLS Soccer, College Football, NHL outdoor hockey, Concerts
Quintessential Yankees sports bar
If you’re in the Bronx before a Yankees game, you’re going to want to check out The Dugout. Just steps from Yankees stadium, the bar is located at 880 River Ave. Its location lends itself to being a pure Yankees bar. The drinks are cheap enough and the atmosphere is perfect for some pre-game or post-game fun.
The Yankees games are broadcast on YES Network. Michael Kay handles the play-by-play duties and has done so since 2002. Ryan Ruocco serves as the back-up play-by-play announcer. The analysts rotate often, but the crew includes Ken Singleton, Paul O’Neill, John Flaherty, David Cone, and Jeff Nelson. Meredith Marakovits is the sideline reporter.
On the radio side, the games are broadcast on WFAN. John Sterling has handled play-by-play duties since 1989. Suzyn Waldman has served as the analyst since 2005.
How can I match/stream games in New York?
You can watch Yankees baseball on YES Network. You can listen to the games on WFAN. You can stream the games through the AT&T TV app.
The Yankees are owned by Yankee Global Enterprises, a company owned by the Steinbrenner family.
Forbes estimates the Yankees are worth $5.25 billion.
The Yankees are a popular team, so it’s no surprise to see people like Billy Crystal, Lebron James, Jay-Z, and Bruce Springsteen are Yankees fans.
The Yankees don’t currently have a captain. They have not named a new one since Derek Jeter retired.
The average price for Yankees tickets in 2021 was $61.
The Yankees have won 27 World Series and 40 AL Pennants.
The Yankees have retired 21 numbers for 23 individuals. Here’s the complete list:
- 1 Billy Martin
- 2 Derek Jeter
- 3 Babe Ruth
- 4 Lou Gehrig
- 5 Joe DiMaggio
- 6 Joe Torre
- 7 Mickey Mantle
- 8 Bill Dickey, Yogi Berra
- 9 Roger Maris
- 10 Phil Rizzuto
- 15 Thurman Munson
- 16 Whitey Ford
- 20 Jorge Posada
- 23 Don Mattingly
- 32 Elston Howard
- 37 Casey Stengel
- 42 Mariano Rivera, Jackie Robinson
- 44 Reggie Jackson
- 46 Andy Pettite
- 49 Ron Guidry
- 51 Bernie Williams
You can follow the Yankees on Twitter at @Yankees.
In MLB The Show 21, Aaron Judge had the best rating of Yankees players at 97, followed by Gerrit Cole at 95.