Best New York Sportsbook Promos & Bonus Offers for December 2023
NY sports betting promos are a great way to explore New York’s premier online sportsbook apps and give your bankroll a boost. But how do you know which bonus and sign-up offer is truly the best?
The experts at PlayNY compared and used the current promos in the state so you have what you need to get started with the top NY sportsbook bonuses. Our top recommended NY sportsbook bonus currently belongs to FanDuel NY. Bet $5, Get $150 in bonus bets if your team wins.
Best New York sportsbook promos and welcome offers
Top NY sports betting bonus codes
In most cases when you sign up with a sportsbook, you’ll need to use a bonus or promo code. However, not every sportsbook requires a code when registering. Here are the best New York sportsbook bonus and promo codes.
|NY Online Sportsbook Promo Codes||Bonus Offer||Bonus Code||Visit Site|
|BetRivers Sportsbook NY Bonus Code||Second-chance bet up to $100||PLAYNY||Claim Your BetRivers NY Bonus!|
|FanDuel Sportsbook NY Bonus Code||Bet $5 on any moneyline, Get $150 in bonus bets if your team wins||No bonus code needed||Claim Your FanDuel NY Bonus!|
|BetMGM Sportsbook NY Bonus Code||Around the clock odds||PLAYNY||Claim Your BetMGM NY Bonus!|
Recommended NY sportsbook promo codes for December 2023
The best NY sportsbook bonus offers can help you get started with your sites of choice. There are a number of options to consider, such as placing your first bet with limited risk, getting some extra bang for your buck with deposits and even bonus bets. Let’s take a look at where you can find the best promotions in NY.
1. BetRivers Sportsbook NY
With a user-friendly interface, BetRivers also features frequent bonuses for New York bettors. The second-chance bet up to $100 is a great way to test the app and see what you like. The deep menu of betting options allows you to use your second-chance bets to try out Yankees and Mets in-game betting to NFL futures and more. On the app, you’ll see in the bottom navigation an area called “Promotions.” There’s also a “House Specials” tab in the top nav on the app homepage. Make sure to check out both since offers will frequently change. Take advantage of the BetRivers promos and bonuses with links found on this page. What makes BetRivers NY even better is the instant payout once you meet all requirements for the second-chance bets.
2. FanDuel Sportsbook NY
As the market leader in New York, FanDuel is one of the best apps to use promos and test the app. The betting platform is a breeze to use, and there are several awesome features to try, including same-game parlay betting options on any of the major New York teams, occasional odds boosts for the NFL or NBA and, of course, futures. FanDuel also usually offers daily popular same-game parlays that you’ll find on the homepage of the sports betting app. If that’s not enough, you’ll find an “offers” tab on the app’s top navigation that offers odds boosts and possible parlays NY sports bettors can try. Using your bonus bets on various betting markets is always a sound strategy when signing up for a new app. Right now, FanDuel is offering Bet $5 on any moneyline, Get $150 in bonus bets if your team wins.
3. BetMGM Sportsbook NY
The BetMGM name resonates loudly in gaming circles. The hype is well warranted as this is an excellent place to dive in and bet on NY sports. The app has competitive odds for the NFL, including the Bills, Giants and Jets. In particular, the NFL same game parlay builder at BetMGM is great for new users to test. BetMGM does not have a welcome offer for now, but you can still sign up and take advantage of all the great ongoing promotions and boosts. BetMGM has daily specials you’ll find the top navigation of the app as well as the “Lion’s Boost.” That’s where the sportsbook selects a game and offers NY sports bettors an odds boost to potentially bet on. What adds to promo betting, once you meet the requirements, is the fast payout. BetMGM typically does so in 24 hours.
What to use your NY sportsbook promos on
Now that you have your NY sports betting bonus, what should you do with it? Well, there are plenty of things you can bet on in New York, including these top events coming up:
- 🏈 NFL: When it comes to NY sports betting bonuses and sign-up offers, the NFL is king. Since Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills appear poised to make a run in the playoffs, using the BetRivers NY bonus is a good way to get started. Use BetRivers NY bonus code PLAYNY and get a second-chance bet up to $100.
- 🏀 NBA: After the NFL, the NBA is the most popular sport to bet in the US. And both New York teams could be poised make a run at the NBA Playoffs. The FanDuel NY sportsbook bonus of Bet $5, Get $150 in bonus bets.
- 🏒 NHL: Few sports can match the excitement of the NHL. And with the Islanders, Rangers, Sabres and Devils all hoping to make a run at the Stanley Cup in December 2023, a NY sports betting promo is a good way to add to the excitement.
- 🏈 NCAAF: College football is one of the best for New York sportsbook bonuses because you never know what to expect. There are upsets every week, and the betting aspect adds even more excitement to the equation.
How NY sportsbook bonus offers work
While the exact offers may vary between the popular NY sports betting sites, there’s a lot of copycatting across the industry. You’ll come across similar offers at all of the major shops. Let’s take a closer look at the most common types of offers.
One of the biggest holdups for new players interested in sports betting is the concern of losing funds. Losses are going to come with the territory with any form of wagering, but there are ways to mitigate at least some of the risk.
Some offers give bettors a chance to try a new sportsbook in a no-sweat fashion. If the bet loses, you’ll receive a refund for the amount of your wager in site credits.
If you lose your bet, you’ll receive a refund of your bet amount in the form of site credits. You can use these credits to place additional bets onsite, and any winnings you obtain while using them are yours to do with as you wish.
For example, BetRivers Sportsbook NY offers new users a “second-chance bet” worth up to $100. All you have to do is sign up using the BetRivers promo code PLAYNY and deposit at least $10. Then place your first bet. If it loses, BetRivers will refund your account in the form of site credits up to $100.
BetRivers also has a tab on the top navigation of the app called “house specials.” The sportsbook will frequently offer specials on NY teams or big sporting events that bettors can check out.
Matched bet offers
In concept, this offer is quite similar to having a no-sweat bet at your disposal. However, you can get the bet match even if you win your first wager. In a nutshell, once you create an account, make a deposit, and place your first bet, the sportsbook will credit you with a bonus bet.
The bonus wager will be equal to your initial bet up to a certain amount. While you should always only be betting at your comfort level, this is another opportunity that provides you with some added security on your first wager.
Let’s say that it’s a matching bet offer of $50 from Caesars Sportsbook. You place your first bet at that dollar amount and see what happens from there. Regardless of whether you win or lose, the sportsbook will provide you with a site credit of $50.
The amount of the matched bet isn’t money that you can withdraw; you’ll have to play it on site, but any winnings resulting from that wager are yours to keep. If you happen to hit on both your first wager and the matching bet, your new account will be off to an awesome start.
Money-back bonus bets
This is another popular bonus in the arsenal of online sportsbooks. While it may seem similar to some of those mentioned above, it works in differently. The money-back bonus bet will result in funds coming back your way if a wager doesn’t work out under certain parameters.
A lot of these offers have to do with dreaded “bad beat” scenarios, such as an MLB team losing after having a lead entering the ninth inning or an NBA loss in overtime. If it happens to you, you’ll get a credit back for the amount of your wager that you can use to play onsite.
It’s important to note that you won’t be automatically covered for all unfortunate scenarios, so be sure to take the time to review the terms and conditions of the offer prior to placing wagers. Many sites will also offer variations of this, such as an insurance offer on wagers. An example is FanDuel NJ, which will refund certain parlay bets if you miss out on a single leg.
FanDuel NY typically does popular same game parlay options everyday, whether English Premier League, NFL, NBA or MLB.
Last but not least, we have one of the most desirable offerings that scores of users have flocked to. Certain sportsbooks will provide you with a bonus bet just for signing up. FanDuel is among those that have this offer available for new players. New users receive a no-sweat first bet up to $150.
To gain access, you must go through the same basic process outlined above. You click one of our links to create an account and enter your information. Once that’s all set, you’ll receive the bonus bet in your account.
Matched deposit bonus
This is a popular bonus that can help you boost your bankroll right from the start. Once you’ve signed up and created your account, the sportsbook will match your first deposit up to a certain amount.
Sometimes, a sportsbook will match your deposit at a percentage rate, like 20% of your deposit up to a certain amount. Meaning you’d have to deposit more than the cap to reach the max deposit match.
Naturally, you should deposit an amount that you’re comfortable with. If you deposit $500, you’re looking at a $100 match, or a $20 match for a $100 deposit, and so on. This is a great way to try out a new site while getting some extra funds to play with. Note that you may need to enter a sportsbook bonus code or promo code to claim the bonus.
Read the fine print for NY sportsbook promos
Some things to keep in mind with NY sports betting: First, NY online sportsbooks may not always pay out winnings in cash. In some cases, betting apps may reward users with bonus bets or other site credits. Once bettors use those credits, and if they win, then customers can withdraw their winnings.
In addition, some sports betting bonuses carry playthrough requirements. What does that mean? Well, for example, sportsbooks may require a 10x playthrough on a $100 bonus site credit. Essentially, bettors must wager $1,000 to convert that bonus into withdrawable cash.
With all bonuses, users should be sure to read the fine print of whichever promotions and offers interest them the most.
Get the best online sportsbook bonuses in NY
If you spend enough time watching sports, consuming content or in betting circles, then there’s a good chance that you’ve heard about a bunch of wagering sites. Some of them are more than worthy of the hype, while others don’t pass the smell test.
It can be challenging to put your finger on which ones are for real or not, but there’s a quick and easy solution. All of the sites we feature here at PlayNY are on the up and up. They’re legal and regulated, among the top sportsbooks in the nation and offer some outstanding promos. If you see a site listed on our pages, then you can be sure that it’s legal and safe to use.
One other note to keep in mind: while legal sports betting continues to grow, there are still other options out there. A simple rule to follow is this: Don’t use them. When looking to bet on sports online, stick to the legal and regulated shops.
Unregulated offshore sites may claim to be legit while promising you the stars and the moon. Unfortunately, there have been plenty of horror stories that show they are not. Quite simply, there’s just no justification for putting your funds at risk when legal and safe options abound.
How to claim a NY sports betting bonus
We have gathered the top bonus offers in the industry right here. New York residents can take full advantage of them, but you’ll have to follow a specific process. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Click one of our links to one of the sportsbooks we have listed to create an account. You’ll arrive at the registration page, where you’ll have to enter some basic personal info. Once that’s all set, accept the terms and conditions and click submit.
- Your legal New York sports betting account will be all set up. Depositing and withdrawing funds won’t be an issue, and you’ll be able to check out the latest lines at any time.
- To actually place bets, you’ll need to be within NY state lines. Sportsbook betting apps use geolocation technology to verify your location. If they can’t verify that you’re within the borders, you won’t be able to wager.
The unveiling of legal online sports betting options is a real game changer for NY sports bettors. The days of taking the trek over to the Garden State to play on the best apps are over. You can have access to a real live sportsbook whenever you want it from your computer or device.
What to look for in a NY sportsbook promo
All sportsbook bonus offers and bonus bets will have their own terms and conditions. We’ve outlined the major points here, but we still encourage you to review the rules and regulations of the offer prior to placing your wagers.
For example, an offer may require you to place bets at a certain odds level, such as -200 or better. Here are some of the other major points to keep in mind:
- There will typically be a time limit attached, such as seven days to claim a deposit match or place a bonus bet, or 90 days to clear a bonus offer.
- Beyond minimum odds level, bonus bets may be restricted to specific types of wagers, such as a single-game moneyline or point spread.
- To sign up for an account with a NY sportsbook, you must be 21 or older. This will be verified as part of the sign-up process.
- There’s no residency requirement for creating an account, but you do need to be physically in the state to place bets. Bonus offers are generally capped at one per household.
- As always, you should be sure to read the fine print of all NY sports betting bonuses to be sure you know exactly what to expect. For example, sometimes you may come across a promo that carries a “playthrough requirement.” This means that customers will have to bet the bonus a certain number of times before it unlocks for withdrawal. Fortunately, most of the time, every NY sports betting promo comes with a 1x playthrough, meaning you only need to use the bonus once. But the fine print may say otherwise. So, again, read the fine print.
Beyond those requirements, you should also be aware of specific in-state betting restrictions. For example, you can wager on college football and basketball, but there’s no wagering on in-state colleges or on events that take place in the state.
Key takeaways about NY sports betting bonuses
As the legal sports betting industry continues to expand, sportsbooks are jockeying for position. To attract as many new users as they can, many books will make bonus offers available to new customers. In a nutshell, the site will offer you assorted goodies for taking your business there.
You can get bonus bets, deposit matches and even completely bonus wagers. Offers will vary by sportsbook, but all of them provide you with some extra incentive to try a new place to play.
Practice responsible gambling when using New York sportsbook promos
When it comes to gambling, whether it’s sports betting or casino gaming, the top priority should be to do so responsibly. Don’t let it affect your personal and work life, stick to a budget, even seek help if you need it.
Along those lines, here are a few tips to practice responsible gambling in New York:
- Set a limit: This applies to several things. First, keep your bets to within your means. Don’t bet more than you can afford. Fortunately, NY sportsbooks can help out in this respect, as you can set daily, weekly and monthly limits to keep you within your budget. This also goes for how much time you spend betting. Do not let legal sports betting interfere with your personal, social or work life.
- Walk away if you need to: If a bet loses, if a “bad beat” turns a win into a loss, leave it be. Don’t let your emotions get the best of you. Walk away. Bettors oftentimes “chase losses” by betting on “sure-things” in hopes of making up for money lost on a previous bet. Remember: There is no sure thing.
- Ask for help if you need it: Many feel embarrased or afraid to reach out for help when it feels like they have a gambling problem. But that’s why programs exist in New York. You can reach out to help lines and seek treatment. Someone is waiting and willing to help. All you have to do is simply ask.
For those looking to seek help, New York has plenty of resources that can help.
The New York Council on Problem Gambling, for example, features regional Problem Gambling Resource Centers and sponsors workshop and webinars to assist anyone seeking problem gambling help.
In addition, the New York State HOPEline is a 24/7 toll-free and confidential hotline can receive assistance, referrals and connections to a wide array of problem gambling resources.
The New York State Office of Addiction Services and Supports oversees the HOPEline. Its website also features more detailed information on the prevention and treatment of problem gambling. So, too, does the New York State Gaming Commission.