Best New York Casino Bonuses & Promo Codes 2023
Online casinos offer the chance to play slots and table games from anywhere, including the comfort of your own home. With New York poised to consider expanding legal gambling to include NY online casinos, it is worth learning about the sites’ many bonuses and promotions, including welcome offers.
Top casino promos for NY gamblers in December 2023
Below, learn about some of the most popular and highest-ranked online casinos currently available and the bonuses and promotions they offer. For real money online casinos, New Yorkers can presently travel to New Jersey to play. Meanwhile, you can play right now at social and sweepstakes casinos in New York.
of Gold Coins for $10
Why do online casinos give promos and welcome bonuses?
Most top real-money NY online casinos advertise welcome offers designed to encourage new players to register accounts, deposit funds, and play on the sites. These offers benefit the sites by adding users while also being advantageous to players.
Ongoing casino promotions also reward existing players and encourage their continued play on the site.
Can you get welcome bonuses from more than one casino?
Yes, you absolutely can take advantage of welcome bonuses and promotions from multiple casinos. Generally speaking, you can only receive a site’s welcome offers a single time when signing up, after which you will then only be eligible to enjoy the ongoing promotions and bonuses available to all players.
But you can earn multiple bonuses across multiple sites and should be on the lookout for those offers every time you sign up for a new online casino in NY.
What is a casino promo code & how does it work?
Online casinos frequently announce either bonuses or promotions. In most cases, the terms are used interchangeably. Promotions generally reward players with bonuses, and the bonuses can take many forms, including free play or free spins, casino credits or even cash rewards.
Whenever a player receives any sort of bonus, it is important to be familiar with the promotion’s terms. In some cases, a bonus may require you to play a certain amount beforehand in order to “unlock” the bonus and actually receive it. Keep an eye out for such a playthrough requirement for online gambling in NY, as many times a bonus will include one.
How to redeem an online casino promo code
There are two different categories of bonuses online casinos typically offer. One is a welcome bonus available only to brand new users. The other is a bonus offered to everyone, including already registered players.
To receive a casino sign up bonus, you will often need to enter a promo code when you first register your account. You might also have to enter a code when making your first deposit, as in the case of first deposit matching bonuses.
The typical steps for registering an online casino account and entering a promo code are as follows:
- Step 1: Provide personal information (full name, date of birth, physical and email addresses, phone number, last four digits of Social Security number)
- Step 2: Create username and password
- Step 3: Enter promo code where prompted
Often, you’ll enter all of this information at once with an additional box marked “bonus code” or “promo code” indicating where you should enter it. Sometimes the site carries you through multiple screens to share this information. You may also be required to agree to the site’s terms and conditions as a final step before creating your account.
Other promotions offered to returning players will require players to opt in to become eligible to receive any bonuses. This usually requires just clicking a button or ticking a box to indicate you are opting in for the online casino promotion. You might also find deposit matching bonuses require you to enter a promo code at the time you make the deposit, so be aware of that as well as you seek out top casinos and their promotions.
Welcome offers at social and sweepstakes casinos
Social and sweepstakes casinos provide an attractive option for those who wish to play online casino games in places where real money online gambling is not available. These sites use virtual currencies and, in some cases, enable players to redeem winnings for actual cash prizes. Chumba Casino and Funzpoints are two popular examples of such social and sweepstakes sites.
These social and sweepstakes casinos often offer slots, with some also fielding a selection of table games. They also often offer their own bonuses, including welcome bonuses of free spins or virtual coins that new sign-ups can use to play in the games. Many also offer ongoing bonuses and giveaways, including sometimes awarding coins to players each time they log onto the site.
US online casinos with the best welcome bonuses
In states where real-money online casinos are legal, sites consistently offer welcome bonuses to new players.
We’ve hand-picked a few of the best casino welcome bonuses presently offered by U.S. online casinos to give you an idea of what to expect:
- BetMGM Casino — $25 no deposit casino bonus + 100% first deposit matching bonus up to $1,000
- BetRivers Casino — 100% first deposit matching bonus up to $500
- Caesars Casino — 100% first deposit matching bonus up to $2,500 + 2,500 Reward Credits® on a $25+ wager
- DraftKings Casino — $35 immediately upon signing up + a deposit match up to $250 or Play $5 and Get $100 instantly in casino credits.
- FanDuel Casino — 100% refund of net losses up to $1,000 during your first 24 hours of play + 50 bet credits if you make a wager within 24 hours of signing up
- PointsBet Casino — If you lose money during your first 72 hours, you are refunded up to 200% of your losses up to a maximum of $800
- WynnBET Casino — 100% first deposit matching bonus up to $1,000
We look forward to sharing with you every NY casino bonus and all of the NY online casino promo codes once they become available.
What types of bonuses do online casinos offer?
We have mentioned several different types of bonuses and promotions offered by online casinos. Here are explanations of the most common ones you can expect to encounter.
- No deposit bonuses: These are essentially free casino credits that allow new sign-ups to start playing games right away without making any deposit at all.
- Deposit match: You’ll frequently see sites offering deposit match bonuses, which involve matching the amount of a deposit with cash or casino credit, usually as a 100% match (i.e., the equivalent amount). Thus, if you deposit $100, you’ll receive a matching bonus of another $100.
- Free spins: Some promotions award free spins as bonuses. Sometimes these free spins must be used on particular slots or games, and sometimes they can be used on any game the site offers.
- Instant cash bonuses: An instant cash bonus is a reward offered immediately upon the completion of a requirement. A no-deposit bonus for signing up to an online casino is one example. Similarly, there are bonuses connected to playing a certain number of games or wagering a certain amount of money within a specified time frame. That bonus would be instantly awarded once you’ve completed the task.
- Reload bonuses: A reload bonus is a type of deposit match whereby an online casino awards you cash or casino credits for reloading funds into your account.
- Refer-a-friend bonuses: Many online casinos award bonuses if you refer a friend to register an account. Of course, your friend will need to note the referral when creating their account. In return, you’ll receive a bonus of cash or casino credit, free spins or free play or some other reward.
Many online casinos also have loyalty programs that will reward players with points redeemable for other prizes and perks. Sometimes these programs involve awarding cash back to players according to how much they have wagered on the site. Many of these programs involve players earning tiered rewards as they ascend loyalty levels.
Deciding on the best casino bonus for you
When online casinos run promotions and offer different types of bonuses, take some time to read through the terms and learn exactly what the reward is before opting in and/or getting too excited. Sometimes those details might make one no-deposit bonus for an NY casino appear more attractive than another, or encourage you to go for a different NY online casino sign up bonus with better terms.
For example, some bonuses offer cash, casino credits, free spins, or free play that can be used anywhere on the site. Other bonuses are tied to specific games, such as a particular slot. If you’re not a slots player or are not interested in exploring that title, you may not be eager to earn free spins to play it.
Other bonuses come with certain requirements that need to be fulfilled before you receive them. Again, be sure you approve of these requirements before you seek out the bonus.
Bonus and promo code playthrough requirements
You will commonly see bonuses come with something called a playthrough requirement that must be fulfilled before the bonus can be claimed.
For example, let’s say you deposit $200 into your account while entering a promo code, and the site gives you a 100% deposit matching bonus worth $200. However, you notice the bonus comes with a playthrough requirement required to “unlock” the bonus funds.
Playthrough requirements are usually described in multiples like 1x, 2x, 5x, 10x and so on. That multiple refers to how much you have to wager on the site to receive the bonus.
For the above $200 bonus, if there is a 1x playthrough requirement, that means you have to place $200 worth of bets to earn the $200 bonus. If the requirement is 5x, you have to wager $1,000 before you get the bonus. Sometimes you only have a limited time to complete the requirement, such as a week or a month.
Obviously, the lower the playthrough requirement, the better the terms are for you. If there is a 10x or 20x playthrough requirement attached to a bonus and you only have a week to clear it, that bonus may not be for you.
Other terms and conditions to consider
At licensed and regulated online casinos, any bonus or promotion will come with an explanation of the terms and conditions. These can include a variety of different restrictions or guidelines, such as:
- Playing some games might not satisfy playthrough requirements (e.g., sometimes live dealer games don’t count toward the requirement);
- Some casino games might satisfy playthrough requirements at a faster rate than others (e.g., the rate for satisfying a requirement might be faster when playing slots online in NY than when playing certain table games or video poker);
- Some bonuses cannot be partially claimed (e.g., a bonus with a playthrough requirement might be “all or nothing” in the sense that you must complete the requirement in the allotted time or forfeit the entire bonus);
- Some bonuses cannot be combined with other offers;
- Withdrawing bonus funds might be subject to a waiting period;
- Withdrawing bonus funds might be subject to maximum limits, such as when you win a large payout;
- Prizes such as large jackpots cannot be won using bonus;
- Withdrawing bonuses may require further verification by the site, with any violation of terms (e.g., the age restriction, the one account per household restriction) causing you to forfeit the bonus or even your entire balance;
- Most online casinos include a provision in their terms and conditions allowing them to change the agreement without notice, including changing the terms of a particular casino bonus offer or promotion;
- Earning bonuses may or may not affect your obligation to pay taxes on gambling winnings.
Playing online casino games can be a great source of fun and entertainment, but not everyone can practice moderation and self-impose limits on their play. A recent survey showed more than 4% of New Yorkers suffer from problem gambling.
It is important for anyone who gambles to practice responsible gambling at all times, especially when gambling online where the potential for problem gambling can be significant for some.
Many land-based casinos, including those in New York, have done well to communicate the importance of responsible gambling, resulting in some positive trends. Online casinos also strive to communicate such messages, although players don’t always know where to find that information or help with self-exclusion, self-assessment, or other resources to prevent problems.
Why trust our expert opinion?
The PlayNY staff brings many years of experience researching and reporting on the gambling industry. This background enables us to provide trustworthy advice about online casinos and to evaluate sites’ bonuses and promotions with an understanding of their true worth. Meanwhile, our editorial guidelines stress accuracy and impartiality, guaranteeing that everything you read on this site has been carefully vetted by our knowledgeable team.
PlayNY is one of many sites comprising the Catena Media network, which covers gambling all over the United States. In jurisdictions that require it, Catena Media is a licensed and registered vendor, which means that, like online casinos, we are held to certain standards of transparency and objectivity when delivering information regarding betting sites and what they offer.
Keep an eye out for those bonuses
Online casinos operate a lot as brick-and-mortar ones do in attempting to attract and retain players via bonuses and promotions. In many cases, you’ll discover the bonuses offered by online casinos are for actions you are already doing, such as playing your favorite slots or table games.
Always check to see what bonuses and promos are being offered whenever you sign in, and take advantage of these offers when they come around.
FAQ about online casino bonus codes and promotions
It depends on your preferred kind of welcome bonus. Some prefer no deposit casino bonuses that give them money with which to play games right away, while others prefer generous first deposit matching bonuses. DraftKings Casino has both a $35 no deposit bonus and a 100% deposit matching bonus worth up to $250 — the highest bonuses available for both types.
This changes as well, although currently, Bally Casino, BetMGM Casino, and DraftKings Casino offer no deposit cash bonuses just for creating an account. Expect no deposit bonuses in NY as well when the time comes.
As discussed above, there are many different types of bonuses. Welcome bonuses, for example, often include both online casino no deposit bonuses and deposit matching bonuses. You’ll also find online casinos offering reload bonuses, instant cash bonuses, free spins and free play bonuses, refer-a-friend bonuses, and more.
Online casinos benefit when the casino bonuses and promotions they offer succeed in attracting more players to sign up and deposit funds. They also benefit when existing players are incentivized to keep playing and depositing. Bonuses and promos additionally serve as a very common way for online casinos to advertise and make themselves stand out from the crowd in jurisdictions that feature many different online casinos.
Some online casino bonuses come with significant strings attached, such as huge playthrough requirements that can be difficult (and expensive) to satisfy.