New York Mets Odds
Over 25 years have passed since the last time the New York Mets won the World Series. Heading into the 2023 MLB season, however, the Amazins appeared to be in prime position to snap that drought.
With the free-agent signing of star pitcher Justin Verlander, fellow ace Max Scherzer, and a lineup that was among the best in the league a season ago, New York — sporting the highest payroll in MLB history — sat among the favorites to win the 2023 World Series.
The Mets, though, did not live up to that billing. They finished he season near the bottom of the National League and traded away both Scherzer and Verlander, among others.
With legal New York sports betting finally a go, you can bet on the Mets all season long as well as all of the other teams in the league. Below you’ll find everything you need to know about betting on the Mets. We’ll dive into some team history, point you to the latest and best odds, and much more.
Today’s Mets Odds
Below find the best available odds on the next Mets game from legal online sportsbooks. Click the odds to go to the sportsbook and bet.
Mets World Series and Futures Odds
Check the current odds on the Mets to win the World Series, the NL East, or the National League pennant below. Click on any odds to claim your bonus.
Pete Alonso Prop Odds
Pete Alonso is among the league’s best power hitters. Find his best prop odds below.
Next Up: Philadelphia Phillies
- Game Day: Sunday, October 1, 2023
- Game Time: 3:10 PM
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
Recent Meetings With The Phillies
|Date||Home Team||Moneyline Odds||Total Runs||Result|
|Last 6 Totals||Overall Record: -||O/U Record: -|
Mets Insights Vs. Phillies
- The Mets rank 10th in MLB action with 214 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- New York ranks 17th in MLB, slugging .409.
- The Mets have the 25th-ranked batting average in the majors (.239).
- The Mets have hit at least two long balls in 58 games this season, and are 35-23 in those contests.
- The Mets pitching staff ranks 14th in MLB with a collective 8.9 strikeouts per nine innings.
Mets' Last 10 Games
|Overall Record||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record||Total Runs O/U/P||AVG Runs Scored||AVG Runs Allowed|
|4 - 6||2-1||2-5||5-4-1||5.4||4.2|
Betting Lines And Odds For Mets Vs. Phillies
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Run Line||Total Runs|
Mets Betting Insights
- The Mets have won 51 of the 89 games they were the moneyline favorite this season (57.3%).
- New York has been the underdog in 66 games this season and won 21 (31.8%) of those contests.
- The Mets have had an over/under set by oddsmakers 159 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 64 of those games (64-86-9).
- New York has covered 47.8% of its games this season, going 76-83-0 ATS.
|Home||Away||Day||Night||vs. Starting RHP||vs. Starting LHP|
Mets Players To Watch
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .255 with 33 doubles, two triples, 31 home runs and 65 walks.
- In MLB action, Lindor ranks 22nd in homers and 18th in RBI.
- Pete Alonso has hit 46 home runs with 118 runs batted in. Both are team-highs.
- Alonso ranks third in home runs among batters in MLB action and second in RBI.
- Francisco Alvarez is batting .210 with 12 doubles, 25 home runs and 34 walks.
- Daniel Vogelbach is hitting .233 with eight doubles, 13 home runs and 42 walks.
Injuries For New York Vs. Philadelphia
Mets: Brandon Nimmo: 10-Day Injured List (shoulder), Jeff McNeil: 10-Day Injured List (elbow), Starling Marte: 10-Day Injured List (groin), Sean Reid-Foley: 15-Day Injured List (back), Carlos Carrasco: 15-Day Injured List (finger), John Curtiss: 60-Day Injured List (elbow), Josh Walker: 60-Day Injured List (oblique), Elieser Hernandez: 60-Day Injured List (pectoral), Bryce Montes de Oca: 60-Day Injured List (elbow), Edwin Díaz: 60-Day Injured List (knee)
Philadelphia Phillies: Erich Uelmen: 60-Day Injured List (hip flexor), Dylan Covey: 15-Day Injured List (back), Rhys Hoskins: 60-Day Injured List (knee)
|Jeff McNeil||10-Day Injured List||Elbow||.270 / .333 / .378, 10 HR, 55 RBI|
|Brandon Nimmo||10-Day Injured List||Shoulder||.273 / .362 / .466, 24 HR, 68 RBI|
|Starling Marte||10-Day Injured List||Groin||.248 / .301 / .324, 5 HR, 28 RBI|
|Carlos Carrasco||15-Day Injured List||Finger||3-8, 6.80 ERA, 6.6 K/9|
|John Curtiss||60-Day Injured List||Elbow||0-0, 4.58 ERA, 7.3 K/9|
|Josh Walker||60-Day Injured List||Oblique||0-1, 8.10 ERA, 10.8 K/9|
|Sean Reid-Foley||15-Day Injured List||Back||0-1, 3.52 ERA, 18.8 K/9|
|Bryce Montes de Oca||60-Day Injured List||Elbow||-|
|Elieser Hernandez||60-Day Injured List||Pectoral||-|
|Edwin Díaz||60-Day Injured List||Knee||-|
How To Bet on Mets Games in New York
Online sports betting is now a reality in New York. Getting in on the online sports betting action has never been simpler.
To begin, check out the offers and links on this page. Claim a sign-up bonus or promotional offer that fills your needs. Once you’ve done that, register a new account. Sign up using your email. Set a secure password. Confirm your date of birth and any other information needed.
Once you’ve done that, download the sportsbook app. Apps make it easier to follow your bets and place them from anywhere within the state. If you want to bet on the Mets, you should definitely check out the DraftKings betting app.
You can fund your account quickly and easily with any of the available payment methods. Even better, you can take care of everything at your convenience on your computer or phone.
Bet on Mets Futures All Year
You can bet on the Mets through the futures market beginning in the off-season and through the playoffs. Each day, the odds are adjusted for what has happened with a focus on factors such as the standings, the team’s current form, injuries, and playoff scenarios.
The advantage of betting through the futures market is better odds. The earlier you bet something, the higher your potential future payday will be in all likelihood. For example, if you think the Mets will win the title, you can place your bets on their current World Series odds before the season begins. If they are playing well, the odds might drop by mid-season, but you’ll be locked in at a more favorable price.
You can also bet the Mets to win the NL East or take down the NL Pennant. In addition to team futures, you can bet player futures. You can in terms of stats: How many home runs will Pete Alonso hit, for example. What is not available, though, are markets involving player awards. State law prohibits sportsbooks from accepting bets on the likes of who will win the MVP or Cy Young.
Mets Schedule 2023
The Mets will play 13 games each against the four other teams in the National League East: the Atlanta Braves, Miami Marlins, Philadelphia Phillies and Washington Nationals. Additionally, the Mets will play 64 games against the other teams in the National League. They will also play 46 interleague games against the American League, with four of those being against the Yankees.
All told, it’ll be the standard 162-game schedule spread over six months. There will be plenty of highlights for Mets fans to look forward to from Opening Day to the final series as New York looks to earn another playoff spot and snap a lengthy World Series drought.
Mets Betting Lines Explained
Below is an example of the betting lines for a Mets game with an explanation of what each bet type means:
|NY Mets||-1.5 (+140)||-135||Over 8.5 (-110)|
|Philadelphia Phillies||+1.5 (-160)||+115||Under 8.5 (-110)|
- Run line: What is the run line in baseball betting? If you bet a favorite to cover the run line, you are predicting they win the game by at least two runs. If you bet the underdog to cover the run line, you are predicting that they either win the game or keep it within a run. This is similar to spread betting in other sports or puck line betting in hockey. Due to the variance in baseball, teams are usually underdogs to cover the run line as favorites.
- Moneyline: Pick the winner. It doesn’t get simpler than that. Moneyline betting odds are adjusted based on the likelihood of each team winning. In the above example, the Mets are slight favorites to beat the Phillies. To win $100 by betting the Mets, you’d need to risk $135. Conversely, a successful $100 bet on the Phillies would return a $115 profit.
- Total: Just like every other sport, total betting is a fun way to get involved in the game without caring who wins. Simply pick whether the teams will combine to score more or fewer runs than the listed total.
Mets Vegas Odds vs. Online Odds in New York
It’s no surprise to know that the sportsbooks in New York have adopted the tried and true methods of sportsbooks in Vegas. After all, Vegas has had a head start of quite a few years.
Both Vegas and the local sportsbooks use similar methods to set their lines. They rely heavily on analytics and computer models with some small adjustments for outside factors such as injuries or public perception.
The main difference you’ll see locally is if you bet the hometown team. Local sportsbooks might move the lines slightly away from the home team because they don’t want to expose themselves to too much one-sided action. Local bettors tend to bet more heavily on their home teams.
Mets Live Betting
If you miss the first pitch of a Mets game, it doesn’t mean you’re too late to get in on the action. With live betting, you can bet on baseball at any point after the game has started. The oddsmakers will adjust the odds based on what has already happened in the game.
For example, if you notice that Max Scherzer is dealing and is keeping his pitch count low, you might want to live bet the Under. If the Mets fall behind early but you expect their offense to rally, you can live bet on the Mets to win at better odds than they were before the game started.
You can also live bet various props such as the next team to score a run, whether the upcoming batter will get a hit, or which team will win the next inning.
Live betting is best with an app, since you can bet from anywhere in the state. If you’re running late coming home from work, you can place a bet without needing to be in front of a computer. You can also track your bet easily from your phone.
Why Bet the Mets Over the Yankees
Baseball fans in New York are blessed with two teams that are expected to compete for the World Series. The Mets have long lived in the shadow of the Yankees, but the Mets have had success of their own, including a pair of World Series wins. There are some good reasons why you should place your hard-earned money on the Amazins over the Bronx Bombers.
- Reputation: The Yankees have a reputation as the class of professional sports. They are the most popular baseball team in the world and they’ve done a lot of winning over the years. For this reason, their lines are usually inflated and provide minimal value on a game-by-game basis. There’s potential for value on the Mets in the early going based on their reputation.
- Starting pitching: With a projected starting lineup that includes Max Scherzer, Justin Verlander, Kodai Senga, and Carlos Carrasco, the Mets are expected to have one of the best pitching staffs in the majors.
Latest odds on NY teams
Mets Sports Betting Partnerships
In April 2022, the Mets entered into a multi-year agreement that made Caesars Sportsbook an official sports betting partner of the team.
As a result of that partnership, the Mets opened Caesars Sportsbook at the Metropolitan Grille in the left-field corner of the Excelsior Level. While not an official retail sportsbook, should legislation pass to authorize it, the space could certainly convert into a brick-and-mortar betting space.
For now, the lounge features dining and hospitality for guests, complete with ample seafood options, tacos, flatbreads and more. On top of that, the space boasts plenty of flat-screen TVs and panoramic views overlooking the field.
Mets Top Prospects
Here are the top 10 prospects that the Mets have in their system.
|2||Brett Baty||23||3rd Base|
|7||Blade Tidwell||21||Right Handed Pitcher|
|8||Mark Vientos||23||3rd Base|
|9||Dominic Hamel||24||Right Handed Pitcher|
|10||Calvin Ziegler||20||Right Handed Pitcher|
Mets Bench Staff
The Mets hired Buck Showalter after parting ways with Luis Rojas following the 2021 season. They added Eric Chavez as the bench coach and feature Jeremy Hefner and Jeremy Barnes as the pitching and hitting coaches, respectively.
Past Mets Managers
Here’s a list of the most recent Mets managers and their records.
|Luis Rojas||103-119 (.464)||2020-21|
|Carlos Beltran||0-0 (.000)||2019-2020|
|Mickey Callaway||163-161 (.503)||2018-2019|
|Terry Collins||551-583 (.486)||2011-2017|
|Jerry Manuel||204-213 (.489)||2008-2010|
|Willie Randolph||302-253 (.544)||2005-2008|
New York Mets Home Games
- Name: Citi Field
- Address: 41 Seaver Way
- Location: Flushing, Queens, New York
- Owner: New York City Government
- Operator: New York Mets
- Capacity: 41,922
- Ground Breaking: November 2006
- Opening Date: April 2009
- Construction Cost: $900 million
- Other Events Hosted: Concerts, MLS Soccer, NHL outdoor hockey, COVID 19 Vaccination Site
- New York Mets 2023 Home Game Guide, Promo Schedule And Ballpark Details
Best Mets Bars in New York
If you’ve been to a Mets game and haven’t either started or ended the festivities with a trip to McFadden’s, you did it wrong. McFadden’s is just steps from Citi Field and brands itself as a Mets bar. The doors open three hours before every Mets game and they stay open long through the night after the game.
McFadden’s has a great beer lineup as well as cocktails and wine. Their kitchen serves up bar food such as sliders, wings, loaded French fries, and other tasty appetizers. They have over 50 HDTVs to enjoy the Mets and other sports.
You can visit McFadden’s at 36-02 126th St. in Flushing. It’s just steps from the third base entrance of Citi Field.
Who Are the Mets Broadcasters?
New York Mets fans have the joy of listening to two of the better broadcast teams in sports.
On the television side, you can watch Mets games on SNY. Gary Cohen serves as the play-by-play voice with former Mets players Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling helping him break down the action. Steve Gelbs serves as the field reporter. Gary Apple hosts the studio show and occasionally fills in for Cohen as the play-by-play voice.
If you’re on the go, you can listen to the Mets on CBS Radio 880 AM. Howie Rose has been calling the team’s games for over 25 years. Wayne Randazzo serves as the analyst.
How Can I Watch or Stream Mets Games?
You can watch Mets games on SNY. You can listen to them locally on 880AM CBS Radio. You can stream the games on SNY.tv or through the NBC Sports App.
Steve Cohen owns the Mets. He has been a minority owner since 2012. He bought majority control of the organization in 2020. He is the richest owner in baseball.
Steve Cohen bought the Mets for $2.42 billion in September 2020. Since then, the Mets value has risen to $2.9 million according to Forbes.
The Mets have plenty of celebrity fans. Jerry Seinfeld, Jon Stewart, Jimmy Kimmel, Chris Rock, Kevin James, Ben Stiller, Nas, Billy Joel, Patrick Mahomes, and Donovan Mitchell are some of the more notable ones.
The Mets do not currently have a captain. David Wright was the most recent captain, but he retired in 2018. Before Wright, John Franco, Gary Carter, and Keith Hernandez have served as captains.
The average ticket price for a Mets game in 2022 was just under $29.
The Mets have won the World Series twice in 1969 and 1986. They won the National League three additional times in 1973, 2000, and 2015.
The Mets have retired a total of six numbers to date.
- 14 Gil Hodges
- 17 Keith Hernandez
- 24 Willie Mays
- 31 Mike Piazza
- 36 Jerry Koosman
- 37 Casey Stengel
- 41 Tom Seaver
- 42 Jackie Robinson
You can follow the Mets on Twitter at @Mets.
Justin Verlander has the highest rating for Mets players in MLB The Show 23 with a score of 98. Max Scherzer was second at 96.