New York Mets Odds
Legal NY mobile sports betting is finally a go. You can bet on the Mets all season long as well as all of the other teams in the league. Below you’ll find everything you need to know about betting on the Mets. We’ll dive into some team history, point you to the latest and best odds, and much more.
Today’s Mets odds
Below find the best available odds on the next Mets game direct from legal online sportsbooks. Click the odds to go to the sportsbook and bet.
Mets World Series odds
Check the current odds on the Mets to win the World Series, the division, or pennant, below. Click on any odds to claim your bonus.
Pete Alonso prop odds
Pete Alonso is amongst the league’s best power hitters. Find his best prop odds below.
Next Up: San Diego Padres
- Game Day: Sunday, October 9, 2022
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
Recent Meetings With The Padres
|Date||Home Team||Moneyline Odds||Total Runs||Result|
|Last 6 Totals||Overall Record: 2-4||O/U Record: 2-4|
Mets Insights Vs Padres
- Chris Bassitt (15-9) will take the mound for the Mets, his 31st start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Sunday, when he tossed two innings while giving up four earned runs on three hits in a matchup with the Atlanta Braves.
- New York's .259 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking second in MLB.
- The Mets are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking third with an average of 7.5 strikeouts per game.
- They have won 58 of their 87 games this season when striking out 10 or more opposing batters.
New York's Last 10 Games
|Overall Record||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record||Total Runs O/U/P||AVG Runs Scored||AVG Runs Allowed|
|5 - 5||5-4||0-1||8-2-0||4.5||3.8|
Betting Lines And Odds For Mets Vs. Padres
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Run Line||Total Runs|
Mets Betting Trends
- The Mets have come away with 86 wins in the 130 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- This season, New York has been victorious 65 times in 95 chances when named as a favorite of at least -140 or shorter on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Mets have a 58.3% chance of walking away with the win.
- New York has competed as the favorite in nine of its past 10 games and has gone 5-4 in those matchups.
Mets Players To Watch
- Pete Alonso has posted a team-leading 40 home runs and has driven in 130 runs.
- Of all hitters in baseball, Alonso's home runs place him third, and his RBI tally puts him second.
- Alonso will look to pick up at least one hit in his eighth game in a row in this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is batting .371 with a double, three home runs, seven walks and nine RBI.
- Francisco Lindor has 25 doubles, five triples, 26 home runs and 59 walks while batting .270.
- Lindor ranks 39th in home runs and fifth in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Brandon Nimmo is batting .274 with 30 doubles, seven triples, 16 home runs and 71 walks.
- Nimmo looks to pick up a hit for the eighth straight game in this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .436 with two doubles, a triple, two home runs, five walks and seven RBI.
Injuries For New York Vs San Diego
Mets: Joely Rodriguez: 40 Man Active (shoulder), Joey Lucchesi: 60-Day IL (elbow), John Curtiss: 60-Day IL (elbow), Sean Reid-Foley: 60-Day IL (elbow)
San Diego Padres: Fernando Tatis Jr.: Suspended List (suspension), Austin Adams: 60-Day IL (forearm), Drew Pomeranz: 60-Day IL (forearm)
Mets Upcoming Games
How to bet on Mets games in NY
Online sports betting is now a reality in New York. Getting in on the online sports betting action has never been simpler.
To begin, check out the offers and links on this page. Claim a sign-up bonus or promotional offer that fills your needs. Once you’ve done that, register a new account. Sign up using your email. Set a secure password. Confirm your date of birth and any other information needed.
Once you’ve done that, download the sportsbook app you’ve chosen. Apps make it easier to follow your bets and place them from anywhere within the state. If you want to bet on the Mets, you should definitely check out the DraftKings betting app.
You can fund your account quickly and easily with any of the available payment methods. Even better, you can take care of everything at your convenience on your computer or phone.
Bet on Mets futures all year
You can bet on the Mets through the futures market beginning in the off-season and through the playoffs. Each day, the odds are adjusted for what has happened with a focus on factors such as the standings, the team’s current form, injuries, and playoff scenarios.
The advantage to betting through the futures market is better odds. The earlier you bet something, the higher your potential future payday will be in all likelihood. For example, if you think the Mets will win the series, you can get place your bets on their current World Series odds before the season begins. If they are playing well, the odds might drop by mid-season, but you’ll be locked in at the more favorable price.
You can also bet them to win the NL East Division. or to take down the NL Pennant. In addition to team futures, you can bet player futures. Perhaps you like Pete Alonso for MVP or Jacob deGrom to win the NL Cy Young. The futures market lets you put your money here your mouth is.
Mets schedule 2022
The Mets will play 19 games each against the four other teams in the National League East: the Miami Marlins, Atlanta Braves, Washington Nationals, and Philadelphia Phillies. Additionally, the Mets will play either six or seven games each against the other teams in the National League. They will play 20 interleague games against the American League, with at least four of those being against the Yankees.
All told, it’ll be the standard 162-game schedule spread over six months. There will be plenty of highlights for Mets fans to look forward to from Opening Day straight through to the final series. The final weekend could be particularly intriguing as they’ll be on the road to take on the Braves.
Mets betting lines explained
Below is an example of the betting lines for a Mets game with an explanation of what each bet type means:
|NY Mets||-1.5 (+140)||-135||Over 8.5 (-110)|
|Philadelphia Phillies||+1.5 (-160)||+115||Under 8.5 (-110)|
- Run line: What is the run line in baseball betting? If you bet a favorite to cover the run line, you are predicting they win the game by at least two runs. If you bet the underdog to cover the run line, you are predicting they either win the game or keep it within a run. This is similar to spread betting in other sports or puck-line betting in hockey. Due to the variance in baseball, teams are usually underdogs to cover the run line as favorites.
- Moneyline: Pick the winner. It doesn’t get simpler than that. Moneyline betting odds are adjusted based on the likelihood of each team winning. In the above example, the Mets are slight favorites to beat the Phillies. To win $100 by betting the Mets, you’d need to risk $135.
- Total: Just like every other sport, total betting is a fun way to get involved in the game without caring who wins. Simply pick whether the teams will combine to score more or fewer runs than the listed total.
Mets Vegas odds vs. online odds in NY
It’s no surprise to know that the sportsbooks in New York have adopted the tried and true methods of sportsbooks in Vegas. After all, Vegas has had a head start of quite a few years.
Both Vegas and the local sportsbooks use similar methods to set their lines. They rely heavily on analytics and computer models with some small adjustments for outside factors such as injuries or public perception.
The main difference you’ll see locally is if you bet the hometown team. Local sportsbooks might move the lines slightly away from the home team because they don’t want to expose themselves to too much one-sided action.
Mets live betting
If you miss the first pitch of a Mets game, it doesn’t mean you’re too late to get in on the action. With live betting, you can bet on baseball at any point after the game has started. The oddsmakers will adjust the odds based on what has already happened in the game.
If you notice Jacob deGrom is dealing and is keeping his pitch count low, you might want to live bet the under. If the Mets fall behind early but you expect their offense to rally, you can live bet the Mets will win at better odds than they were before the game.
You can also live bet various props such as the next team to score a run, whether the upcoming batter will get a hit, or which team will win the next inning.
Live betting is best with an app. With an app, you can bet from anywhere within the state. If you’re running late coming home from work, you can place a bet without needing to be in front of a computer. You can also track your bet easily from your phone.
Why bet the Mets over the Yankees
Baseball fans in New York are blessed with two teams that are expected to compete for the World Series. The Mets have long lived in the shadows of the Yankees, but there have been plenty of times in history where the Mets ran this town. There are some good reasons why you should place your hard-earned money on the Amazins over the Bronx Bombers.
- Reputation: The Yankees have a reputation as the class of professional sports. They are the most popular baseball team in the world and they’ve done a lot of winning over the years. For this reason, their lines are usually inflated and provide minimal value on a game-by-game basis. There’s potential for value on the Mets in the early going based on their reputation.
- Starting pitching: Jacob deGrom is considered the best pitcher in baseball by most. He leads the way for a rotation that has plenty of potential to make some noise in 2022. It might take some time for oddsmakers and bettors to adjust expectations due to last year’s disappointing end, so you may be able to find some really favorable spots in the early going.
Which teams do the Mets have the best and worst records against?
The New York Mets were founded in 1962 and have a long storied history. But which teams do they dominate? Which teams do they struggle the most against?
The Mets have beaten the Philadelphia Phillies 499 times, the most of any opponent. The Mets’ best winning percentage is against the Cleveland Guardians. They’ve won 13 of 18 games against them for a winning percentage of .722.
Coincidentally, Philadelphia is also the team that has beaten the Mets the most times at 536. New York’s worst winning percentage is against the Milwaukee Brewers: .292 with a record of 21-51 all-time. Against the crosstown rival Yankees, the Mets are 58-76 (.433).
Latest odds on NY teams
Mets sports betting partnerships
The New York Mets do not have an official sports betting partner just yet. However, that’s a situation that could change rapidly in the newly legal sports betting environment. Team deals with sportsbooks have become pretty common, so we’ll patiently wait and see if the Mets get in on the fun.
Mets top prospects
Here is a consensus list of the top 10 prospects in the Mets organization.
|2||Matthew Allan||19||Right Handed Pitcher|
|4||Calvin Ziegler||19||Right Handed Pitcher|
|5||Brett Baty||21||3rd Base|
|6||J.T. Ginn||21||Right Handed Pitcher|
|7||Mark Vientos||21||3rd Base|
|9||Robert Dominguez||19||Right Handed Pitcher|
Mets bench staff
The Mets hired Buck Showalter after parting ways with Luis Rojas. Rojas was a part of the organization since 2007 and was hired as the manager after the team fired Carlos Beltran in 2020.
Naturally, there will some big changes to the coaching staff once the new hire is announced. Check the Mets page at MLB.com for the latest.
Past Mets managers
Here’s a list of the most recent Mets managers and their records.
|Luis Rojas||103-119 (.464)||2020-21|
|Carlos Beltran||0-0 (.000)||2019-2020|
|Mickey Callaway||163-161 (.503)||2018-2019|
|Terry Collins||551-583 (.486)||2011-2017|
|Jerry Manuel||204-213 (.489)||2008-2010|
|Willie Randolph||302-253 (.544)||2005-2008|
New York Mets home games
- Name: Citi Field
- Address: 41 Seaver Way
- Location: Flushing, Queens, New York
- Owner: New York City Government
- Operator: New York Mets
- Capacity: 41,922
- Ground Breaking: November 2006
- Opening Date: April 2009
- Construction Cost: $900 million
- Other Events Hosted: Concerts, MLS Soccer, NHL outdoor hockey, COVID 19 Vaccination Site
Best Mets bars in New York
If you’ve been to a Mets game and haven’t either started or ended the festivities with a trip to McFadden’s, you did it wrong. McFadden’s is just steps from Citi Field and brands itself as a Mets bar. The doors open three hours before every Mets game and they stay open long through the night post-game.
McFadden’s has a great beer lineup as well as cocktails and wine. Their kitchen serves up bar food such as sliders, wings, loaded french fries, and other tasty appetizers. They have over 50 HDTVs to enjoy the Mets and other sports.
You can visit McFadden’s at 36-01126th St. in Flushing. It’s just steps from the third base entrance of Citi Field.
Who are the Mets broadcasters?
New York Mets fans have the joy of listening to two of the better broadcast teams in sports.
On the television side, you can watch Mets games on SNY. Gary Cohen serves as the play-by-play voice with former Mets players Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling helping him break down the action. Steve Gelbs serves as the sideline reporter. Gary Apple hosts the studio show and occasionally fills in for Cohen as the play-by-play voice.
If you’re on the go, you can listen to the Mets on CBS Radio 880AM. Howie Rose has been calling the team’s games for 25 years. Wayne Randazzo serves as the analyst.
How can I watch or stream Mets games?
You can watch Mets games on SNY. You can listen to them locally on 880AM CBS Radio. You can stream the games on SNY.tv or through the NBC Sports App.
Steve Cohen owns the Mets. He has been a minority owner since 2012. He bought majority control of the organization in 2020. He is the richest owner in baseball.
Steve Cohen bought the Mets for $2.42 billion in September 2020. Forbes agrees with that valuation, valuing the Mets at $2.4 billion.
The Mets have plenty of celebrity fans. Jerry Seinfeld, Jon Stewart, Jimmy Kimmel, Chris Rock, Kevin James, Ben Stiller, Nas, Billy Joel, Patrick Mahomes, and Donovan Mitchell are some of the more notable ones.
The Mets do not currently have a captain. David Wright was the most recent captain, but he retired in 2018. Before Wright, John Franco, Gary Carter, and Keith Hernandez have served as captains.
Mets tickets can be found for as low as $10, but the average price to go to a Mets game is $59 per ticket.
The Mets have won the World Series twice in 1969 and 1986. They won the National League three additional times in 1973, 2000, and 2015.
The Mets have retired a total of six numbers to date.
- 14 Gil Hodges
- 31 Mike Piazza
- 36 Jerry Koosman
- 37 Casey Stengel
- 41 Tom Seaver
- 42 Jackie Robinson
You can follow the Mets on Twitter at @Mets.
Jacob deGrom was a 99 rating in MLB The Show 21, the highest possible rating.