New York Islanders Odds
From the four-time Stanley Cup-winning dynasty of the early 1980s to the recent up-and-comers in the Conference Finals, the New York Islanders have long been a favorite of NHL fans even outside of the team’s Long Island home.
Given the team’s new digs inside UBS Arena at Belmont Park (with 17 bars inside, no less), it’s a great time to be an Isles fan. Especially after the Islanders made back-to-back Cup semifinals appearances in 2020 and 2021. While New York missed out on the playoffs altogether in 2022, there’s little doubt the Islanders will still draw plenty of attention for another deep postseason run.
Now that online sports betting has landed on New York’s shores, Islanders odds will be big player on every sportsbook’s odds board.
Whether you’re betting on individual Isles games or their latest Stanley Cup odds, here’s how to get your Isles bets in at NY online sportsbooks.
Latest Islanders odds: moneylines, Stanley Cup, props
See below for odds on the next New York Islanders game, as well as Stanley Cup futures and props for individual players. If you see odds you like, you can click on them to head to that sportsbook, create an account and place a bet.
Tonight’s Islanders odds
Islanders Stanley Cup odds
Varlamov player prop odds
Next Up: Tampa Bay Lightning
- Game Day: Friday, April 29, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Elmont, New York
- Arena: UBS Arena
Betting Insights For The Lightning Game
- The Islanders are 24th in the league in scoring (2.8 goals per game), and the Lightning are sixth defensively (2.8 against).
- New York is 17th in the league in terms of goal differential, at -1.
- The Islanders commit 3.6 penalties per game, 17th in the league.
New York's Last 10 Games
|Overall Record||ATS Record||O/U/P||AVG Total||AVG Goals Scored||AVG Goals Allowed|
Betting Lines And Odds For Islanders Vs. Lightning
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Spread||Total|
Islanders Betting Trends
- In New York's 39 games playing as the underdog on the moneyline this season, it has 10 wins.
- The Islanders have yet to win a match with moneyline odds of +162 or longer (in four such games).
- New York's implied probability to win this game is 38.2% based on the moneyline.
Recent Meetings With The Lightning
Islanders Player Insights
- Brock Nelson is New York's leader in points (59) and goals (37).
- Mathew Barzal has 42 assists, a team high for New York.
- New York has the 24th-ranked player in the NHL in penalty minutes, Zdeno Chara, with a team-high 85.
- Ilya Sorokin is 24-13-4 this season, with a 2.4 goals against average and a .927 save percentage (second in the league).
- New York's Adam Pelech has a team-high +20 plus-minus rating.
Injuries For Tampa Bay Vs New York
Lightning: Jan Rutta: Questionable (Undisclosed)
Islanders: Cal Clutterbuck: Out (Shoulder), Adam Pelech: Out (Leg), Scott Mayfield: Out (Lower Body), Ryan Pulock: Questionable (Illness)
Islanders Upcoming Games
How to bet on Islanders games in New York
Betting on or against the Islanders online in New York is relatively simple. To get started, follow these steps:
- Go to any licensed NY sportsbook website and download the sportsbook app.
- Sign up for an account either on the website or the app.
- Claim any new player bonuses using a sportsbook bonus/promo code if necessary.
- Deposit funds into your new account.
After that, it’s just a matter of browsing through the Isles’ betting options and clicking on any bet you like to create your betting slip.
Best NY Islanders betting apps
With 17 bars inside UBS Arena, there’s no shortage of places where you can log in and place a bet during the middle of an Islanders game. Here are three of the top betting sites for Islanders odds:
DraftKings Sportsbook is one of the NHL’s official sports betting partners and could possibly ink a sponsorship deal with the Islanders themselves. That means DraftKings already has access to NHL data as well as the right to run NHL-themed sweepstakes and promotions.
DraftKings is also the exclusive sportsbook for Turner Sports and Bleacher Report’s NHL coverage. That will put DraftKings’ NHL odds front and center on TNT’s regular-season, playoff and Stanley Cup broadcasts in the US this season, in addition to Bleacher Report’s online content.
DraftKings also has more NHL betting options than most, including live NHL bets employing Simplebet’s micro-betting technology, giving you plenty of Islander betting options.
FanDuel has been an official sports betting partner of the NHL since 2018. It has access to official NHL data and runs free-to-play NHL contests and promotions including its NHL parlay insurance, giving you up to a $25 refund if you place a parlay of four-plus legs and miss just one leg.
FanDuel Sportsbook is also a candidate to become the Isles’ official sportsbook partner. Out-of-market fans can even stream Islanders games via the FanDuel platform.
MGM was actually the NHL’s first official sports betting partner, and BetMGM is now a candidate to become the Isles’ official sportsbook. Intellectual property and official league data agreements are already in place, and BetMGM recently became the exclusive sports betting partner of The Hockey News.
That means BetMGM’s odds are part of Hockey News’ content. Plus, the player who ended the Isles domination in the 1980s, NHL great Wayne Gretzky, is now a spokesman for the brand.
Islanders betting lines explained
Here’s what a typical Islanders game line might look, such as on the PointsBet online sportsbook app:
|New York Islanders||+1.5 (-180)||+155||Over 5.5 (-110)|
|New Jersey Devils||-1.5 (+160)||-175||Under 5.5 (-110)|
You’ve got a 1.5-goal puck line with the odds in parentheses. Bet on the Isles to lose by just a goal or win by any score, and a bet of $180 would win a profit of $100 if correct. Your other option would be to bet on the New Jersey Devils to win by two goals or more. For that bet, a wager of $100 would win $160 in profit if you got it right.
You’ve also got Isles moneyline odds of +155 where you bet on New York winning outright and win $155 on a $100 bet if that happens. Alternatively, you can bet on New Jersey winning at -175 odds that pay $100 on a $175 bet.
Finally, you’ve got a bet on the total. This lets you bet on the combined score from both teams being over or under 5.5 goals, with odds of -110 for either option.
Islanders Vegas odds vs. online odds
The thing about sportsbooks is they copy one another’s betting odds. That’s why Islanders game lines might look similar from sportsbook to sportsbook. What may cause differences, however, is that these lines can change depending on betting action. And betting action can vary from sportsbook to sportsbook. Let’s say, for example, that someone drops a big bet on the Isles versus Devils moneyline at an online sportsbook in New York.
Like every other sportsbook, this one is trying to attract money on both sides of a bet so it can collect a profit off the vig without worrying about the outcome. As a result of a big bet on the Islanders, it may bump up the odds on the Devils to try to draw more betting to that side.
Others sportsbooks that did not receive that big bet may keep the lines as they are. And sportsbooks in Las Vegas won’t follow suit unless big money comes in on the Isles there, as well. That’s why you might see differences in a line from sportsbook to sportsbook ahead of a game, even if the lines started out the same or similar.
Islanders in-game and prop betting
Sportsbooks in New York will also offer proposition bets on player and team accomplishments for the Islanders, as well as individual game circumstances. Plus, you can bet on Isles games as they’re happening with live betting.
The odds change alongside the action on the ice, and while it’s mostly the same bets that are available before the opening faceoff, there’s also period-by-period betting and a larger number of player and team props available live. Be ready to bet if you see Islanders betting odds that you like, though, because they can change quickly depending on what’s happening in the game.
New York Islanders home games
- Name: UBS Arena (Belmont Park Arena during planning and construction)
- Address: 2400 Hempstead Turnpike, Elmont, New York
- Owner: New York Islanders, Oak View Group, Sterling Equities
- Operator: New York Islanders
- Hockey capacity: 17,000
- Groundbreaking: September 2019
- Opening date: Nov. 20, 2021
- Construction cost: $1 billion
- Previous home: Nassau Coliseum (from 1972)
What are the 17 bars at UBS Arena?
The Islanders’ new UBS Arena, as mentioned, has no fewer than 17 bars:
- Belmont Hall (classic craft brewery style near the front entrance includes outdoor space and a beer window)
- Tailgate Bar (seven sections in the arena end zone with a 100-foot bar and great ice views)
- Heineken Terrace (outdoor venue overlooking the paddock at Belmont Park)
- The Wright Bar (flights of beer)
- Heineken Tower Bar (exclusive beer and seltzer partner of UBS Arena near Section 310)
- Offside Tavern (modeled after the Manhattan Islanders bar)
- UBS Club (one of five premium bars for premium ticket buyers)
- Hyundai Club (sports bar that’s one of five premium bars for premium ticket buyers)
- DIME Club (sliders at one of five premium bars for the premium ticket buyers)
- Verizon Club (access available as an add-on to tickets, but no ice views)
- Spotlight Club (at ice level)
- The Glass House (includes a terrace with Belmont Park views)
- Speakeasy Bar (modern speakeasy near Section 101)
- Heineken Red Star Bar (large bar with eight five-tap draft beer stations)
- Heineken Southside Bar (ice views)
- Harriet’s (near a food court overlooking the ice)
- Eddie’s (bar No. 17)
Where to catch Islanders games
Islanders games air on MSG Plus with Brendan Burke on play-by-play and Butch Goring doing color commentary. The games are also on the radio at WRHU, WEPN (AM), WNYM, and WRCN-FM with Chris King on play-by-play and Greg Picker providing color commentary.
How can I stream Islanders games in NY?
You can stream Islanders games on MSG GO, ESPN and ESPN+. Plus, streaming subscriptions are available at NHL.com and NHL.tv. with normal local blackout restrictions. Out-of-market streaming is also available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Islanders facts & figures
- Islanders value: $520 million
- Building naming rights: The Islanders play in UBS Arena under a 20-year, $250 million naming rights deal inked in 2021
- Stanley Cup wins: Four (consecutive wins from 1980 through 1983)
- Retired numbers: No. 5 (Denis Potvin), No. 9 (Clark Gillies), No. 19 (Bryan Trottier), No. 22 (Mike Bossy), No. 23 (Bob Nystrom), No. 27 (John Tonelli), No. 31 (Billy Smith), No. 91 (Butch Goring)
- Most goals in a single season: 69 by Mike Bossy in 1978-79
- Most points in a single season: 147 by Mike Bossy in 1981-82
- Hart Memorial Trophy (MVP) winners: Bryan Trottier (1978-79)
- James Norris Memorial Trophy (top defenseman) winners: Denis Potvin (1975-76, 1977-78, 1978-79)
- Vezina Trophy (top goaltender) winners: Billy Smith (1981-82)
- Career points leader: Bryan Trottier, 1,353
- Career goals leader: Mike Bossy, 573
- Career assists leader: Bryan Trottier, 853
- Wins (goaltending): Billy Smith, 304
Office products magnate Jon Ledecky and retail giant Scott Malkin bought the Islanders for $485 million in 2016.
The Islanders are worth $520 million and potentially more with the opening of the UBS Arena in 2021.
Celebrities known to regularly attend Islanders games include Kevin Connolly, Ralph Macchio, Chloë Grace Moretz and Billy Joel.
Denis Potvin captained the Islanders from 1979 to 1987, leading the team to four straight Stanley Cup wins in that time. He also made six NHL All-Star teams and won three Norris Trophies as the league’s best defenseman.
Islanders tickets at the brand new UBS Arena range from around $54 to over $420 each.
The Islanders have retired eight numbers: No. 5 (Denis Potvin), No. 9 (Clark Gillies), No. 19 (Bryan Trottier), No. 22 (Mike Bossy), No. 23 (Bob Nystrom), No. 27 (John Tonelli), No. 31 (Billy Smith) and No. 91 (Butch Goring).
The New York Islanders run the @NYIslanders Twitter account, which has been active since October 2008 and has more than 574,500 followers.