New York still awaits the legalization and launch of online poker.
Which means players obviously don’t have access to legal and regulated NY online poker platforms. However, that doesn’t mean players have no avenues at all. In fact, New York has plenty of live action.
The Empire State has big tournaments to look forward to along with big cash games ahead in June.
Turning Stone offers over $100,000 tournament guarantees
The Summer Poker Classic at Turning Stone launches June 15-18. Players will play for $100,000 in guaranteed prize pools. The $460 buy-in has two flights to pick from on June 16 or 17. June 15 will be a satellite event into the tournament. Day 2 will take place on June 18 with 50 min levels and a chance for victory.
A few other monthly poker tournaments will be held in June including:
- Tuesday, June 13: $135 NLH Bounty 10,000 start stack, 7 p.m., $5,000 guarantee
- Saturday, June 24: $300 NLH Bounty 15,000 start stack, 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 27: $135 NLH Bounty 10,000 start stack, 7 p.m., $5,000 guarantee
Turning Stone will also offer Monday and Thursday progressive cash game giveaways. Between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m., players have exciting opportunity to win big.
Here’s what you need to know:
- There are 23 eligible hands that can win the jackpot.
- Each hand has a starting payout of $200.
- The winning hands include quad 2s through quad Aces, as well as a 5 high straight flush through a royal flush.
- Once a winning hand is dealt, the corresponding jackpot will be taken off the prize board. The jackpot will then reset to $200 at the beginning of the next Monday/Thursday promotion.
Resorts World Catskills offers weekly tournaments
For poker players hitting the Catskills this summer, grab a seat at a weekly small poker tournament at Resorts World Catskills.
Their highlight event will be Saturday, June 24. A $400 black chip bounty tournament will start dealing at 11:15 a.m.
Every week, the 19 table poker room will hold a tournament, including:
- Sundays: $100 NLH Megstack – 6:15 PM
- Tuesday: $150 NLH Bounty- 10:15 AM
- Wednesdays: $150 NLH Bounty- 6:15 PM
- Thursdays: $125 NLH MegaStack- 10:15 AM
The poker room also offers $100-$500 high hands every day of the week. Times and payouts vary.
Tioga Downs offers some June NY poker tournaments
Multiple tournaments will be held this month at Tioga Downs. Check out the upcoming events in June:
- $125 NLH Tournament: 12:30 p.m., Thursdays, June 15 and 29
- $150 NLH Tournament: 12:30 p.m., Sunday, June 18
Cash games flow in the six table poker room and offers cash game promotions such as:
- High Hands every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday in June
- Bad Beat Jackpot
- High Hands Frenzy Sun June 17 and 25
Bounty Survivor Tournaments run at Rivers NY Poker Room
This June, poker players can take a shot at the Bounty Survivor tournament every Sunday in June at Rivers Schenectady. The tournament takes place at 5:15 p.m..
According to the casino site, one in 10 players will receive $700 with $50 knockout bounties. Registration begins at 3:15 p.m., but cash games require registration at 2:15 p.m.
Some other details include:
- Tournament fee: $160
- Players receive 15,000 tournament chips
- Early Bird Bonus Chips: Players who purchase their entry before 4:15 p.m. will receive an extra 2,500 chips
- Play and Earn Bonus Chips: Earn 500 chips for each hour played, up to three hours. Earn 1,000 chips for the fourth hour of live play. Maximum of 2,500 extra chips can be earned via Play and Earn
- Re-entry: Players can re-enter as new players until the beginning of Level 11. All fees apply for re-entry.
The poker room also offers high hand cash promotions daily.
Make a Jersey Shore vacation plan this summer
Attention New York poker players headed south for an exciting summer adventure at the Jersey Shore: This summer, in celebration of their historic beginnings, Borgata Atlantic City is hosting a special “Retro Rebuy” tournament on July 1 that you won’t want to miss.
For just a $30 buy-in and a $10 entry fee, you’ll have the opportunity to compete for a massive $20,000 prize pool. Here are the important details you need to know:
- Each player will start with 10,000 tournament chips
- Re-Buys: If your chip stack falls below 5,000, you can re-buy for 10,000 tournament chips at the cost of $40
- Unlimited Re-buys: During the first 8 Levels of the tournament, you’ll have the option to re-buy as many times as you like
- Add-On: At the first break, all players can purchase a single Add-On of 15,000 tournament chips for $40
- Re-Buy and Add-On Purchases: To make things convenient, all re-buys and add-ons will be conducted at the table using Borgata Chips, which have a cash value of $20. We recommend pre-purchasing your re-buy chips at the Poker Cage before the event to streamline the process.
Players can now exclusively register through the BetMGM Poker. Hurry and secure your spot as the event will cap at 400 unique entries.
Please note that refunds will not be issued, so make sure you’re committed to joining this incredible tournament. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to showcase your poker skills at the Jersey Shore.