Senior Managing Editor
Grant Lucas is the senior managing editor for PlayNY. A longtime, award-winning sports writer, Grant manages, edits and writes about legal online sports betting in New York as well as NY online casino legislation and NY online poker.
Grant has covered gambling and legal sports betting since 2018, when he got his start reporting on the New Jersey and Pennsylvania industries.
Before covering the expansion of legal gambling, Grant served as a sportswriter with The Bulletin newspaper in Bend, Oregon, covering high school, Oregon State and University of Oregon athletics as well as the Portland Trail Blazers. Prior to that – after graduating from Linfield University, where he played baseball for former Yankee and World Series MVP Scott Brosius – Grant worked as a digital content reporter for the Trail Blazers.
Writing on New York online gambling
Down But Not Out: NY Sports Betting Sets Record With $800 Million In July
Can Pete Alonso Become First Three-Peat Home Run Derby Champion? NY Sports Betting Lets You Bet On It
Still Hot: New York Online Sports Betting Tops $1 Billion In Handle Again
Ready For Some Football? Take A Look At The Biggest New York Games On 2022 NFL Schedule
Johnny Avello: True Return Of March Madness Ideally Sees Coach K Riding Off Into Sunset A Winner
Need A March Madness Team To Back As Sweet 16 Nears? Try The Saint Peter’s Peacocks
Sports Betting Woes, Where Is The Biggest Mess: TN vs NY?
Posts by Grant Lucas:
- Bally’s Targets Trump Golf Links For NY Casino With Caveat Of Stripping Name, 27 Feb 2023
- Merit, Ability To Open Quickly Will Earn Caesars Downstate NY Casino License, 24 Feb 2023
- More Change Coming To Del Lago In Latest Retail NY Sports Betting Deal, 23 Feb 2023
- Breakdown Of Latest Bill To Legalize Online Casinos In New York, 17 Feb 2023
- Super Bowl Betting In New York Falls Short Of Expectations, But Exceeds $100 Million, 15 Feb 2023
- Super Bowl 57 “A Record-Breaking Event” As NY Sports Betting Leads All States In Geolocation Checks, 13 Feb 2023
- Federal Bill Emerges To Crack Down On ‘Predatory’ Marketing Tactics Of Sports Betting Companies, 10 Feb 2023
- New York Kicks Off 2023 With Nearly $1.8 Billion In Handle For Best Single Month Ever, 10 Feb 2023
- Matching Super Bowl Betting Markets With 5 Types Of NY Sports Betting Enthusiasts, 10 Feb 2023
- Add To The Fun With Super Bowl Bingo At Your Watch Party, 09 Feb 2023