DISCLAIMER: FOX Bet Sportsbook is not live in New York. This review is speculative based on the FOX Bet app in states where it is live. Here are the top New York online sportsbooks we recommend signing up with as of May 30, 2023:
If you live in New York and are frustrated that you still can’t bet on sports using your phone, we feel your pain and are here to present a solution to the problem: the FOX Bet Sportsbook app.
You can make sports bets on your phone, tablet or computer using FOX Bet, and the only catch is that you need to be in New Jersey in order to place a bet. You can download FOX Bet, check lines, put money into your account and even load up your betting slip all while you’re in New York. The only time you must be in the Garden State is when you place a wager.
In this review, we’ll go over what makes FOX Bet a great choice for New Yorkers looking to bet on sports remotely. We’ll cover how to get signed up, how FOX’s $50 protected first bet works, the sports you can bet on and much more.
FOX Bet Sportsbook welcome bonus
When you create a new FOX Bet account using our links, your first bet with the New Jersey online sportsbook will be insured for up to $50. That means if your initial sports bet loses, you’ll receive a bonus bet credit in that amount up to a maximum of $50.
To be eligible for the promotion, your first wager needs to have minimum odds of -200 (so -300 is not eligible, but -100, +150, etc. would be). It also needs to be on a market that will be settled within 90 days, so no futures bets that are more than three months out. If your bet does lose, you’ll have 30 days to use your bonus bet credit before it expires.
If your first bet is a winner, then you essentially don’t get a bonus, but since your bet is a winner, you’ll have more money in your account than you started with.
FOX Bet’s protected bet offer is one of the better welcome bonuses you’ll find because it gives you a great chance to start your online sportsbook journey with more money in your account than what you deposited right from the jump.
FOX Bet Sportsbook welcome bonus & promo code in May 2023
|NY FOX Bet Sportsbook Promo Code||None needed|
|Welcome Bonus||Protected first bet up to $50|
|NY Launch Date||Unknown|
|Last Updated||May 2023|
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see FOX Bet Sportsbook for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
FOX Bet Sportsbook New York promotions
In addition to FOX Bet’s welcome promotion, you also will see specials like its bonus $5 bet offer every week in which you place a $10 parlay with three legs or more.
Every Friday, FOX runs a #BonusBetFriday promotion on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. The promo varies each week, but basically you just need to comment on FOX Bet’s social media posts to be entered for a chance to win a bonus $100 bet credit.
There’s no telling how many promotions FOX Bet Sportsbook will add in the future, but you can check the promotions link on both the app and website to see all the ongoing promos at any time.
Is FOX Bet legal in New York?
Sort of. It’s legal to sign up for a FOX Bet Sportsbook account and download the app while you’re in New York. You can deposit and withdraw money from your account and check odds while in the Empire State, too. However, you can’t make any bets unless you’re in New Jersey.
When you want to place bets, you must be in the Garden State. Once there, the geolocation technology on your phone or tablet will confirm your location, and you’ll be able to make your wagers.
You also need to be at least 21 years old in order to bet. While we expect that most of the time you will be doing your betting from NJ, FOX Bet also offers online sports betting in Pennsylvania and Colorado, and it could be going live in Virginia, Tennessee and Michigan soon too.
How to create a FOX Bet account in New York
As we said before, you can create your FOX Bet Sportsbook account while in New York. To do so, you’ll use either the FOX Bet iOS or Android app or the FOX Bet website. After opening one of those, simply follow these instructions.
- Select “join” in the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your email address then create a username and password before clicking “continue.”
- FOX Bet now requires your first and last names, date of birth, phone number, home address and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Up next you’ll supply the answer to two security questions before checking a final box confirming you’ve read the terms and conditions.
Depending on how fast you type, it might take you longer to read our instructions than it does to create your FOX Bet online sportsbook account.
FOX Bet Sportsbook app
The FOX Bet Sportsbook app, which is available for Android and iOS, is the most efficient way to bet with FOX Bet. We’ll go over using the app, but first let’s make sure you know how to get it on your mobile device.
How to download FOX Bet Sportsbook app in New York
You will want to use one of our links to download FOX Bet Sportsbook onto your iOS or Android device. Doing so will ensure that you receive a protected bet up to $50. Once the app is installed on your iPad, iPhone or Android product, you will be ready to go.
Navigating the FOX Bet app
As we’ve mentioned previously, you can download the FOX app and do everything sans placing bets on it while in New York. When you want to submit your bets, you will need to be in New Jersey.
As for the app as a whole, upon opening it up you’ll see that the bulk of the page is filled with lines for live or upcoming games. A small bar along the top has links to take you to the most popular leagues and live games that you can bet on at that time.
How to place bets
When you find something you want to wager on, just select that bet and it will be added to your betting slip, which is located near the top right corner. The bet slip will be blue when you have added something to it, and a small red number will indicate how many selections you have in it.
Now, you either can add more bets to create a parlay, or just click on your slip if you’re ready to add a wager amount and place the bet. Whatever you choose, when it’s time to place your bet, open the bet slip, add your wager and select “place bet.” Just remember to have geolocation software enabled and be somewhere in NJ; otherwise your bet will not go through.
What else to know
FOX Bet adds new promotions fairly often, so make sure to click on the promotions tab whenever you log in to ensure that you’ll never miss out on a great offer.
It also pays to click on the bullseye icon at the top of the page. This is where you’ll find challenges FOX Bet gives you. You won’t always have a challenge, but when you do, it will display your challenge and your reward (usually a bonus bet credit) for completing it.
Lastly, clicking the person icon along the top opens up your account. From here you can make deposits and withdrawals, check your history, update your personal details, change your settings, contact the help desk and log out of your FOX Bet account.
Best features of the FOX Bet Sportsbook app
There are three features that really stand out when it comes to FOX Bet.
- FOX Bet’s website and app are extremely user-friendly. If you have used online sportsbooks before, you will have zero issues figuring the FOX Bet app out. And for those of you completely new to mobile sports betting, the FOX Bet app is super easy to get the hang of.
- It does a great job of using Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to help promote its brand and offer rewards to users who follow the social media accounts. Every Friday, for example, FOX Bet gives out bonus bets via social media. You also can have custom bets created by tweeting @FOXBet on Twitter.
- The sportsbook offers some of the best and most extensive futures markets that you’ll find at online sportsbooks. We think this especially benefits New York bettors who might not be able to make it into New Jersey with regularity and instead might want to make more futures bets.
How could FOX Bet improve?
We can’t tell you about the great things FOX Bet has to offer without also sharing a few of the ways in which we find it lacking.
- We’re simply not huge fans of all the cross promotion going on at FOX Bet. It’s obviously to be expected since FOX Sports is so huge, but frankly we just don’t see any need to see Howie Long, Skip Bayless, Terry Bradshaw and many others plastered over the app constantly.
- Hopefully you never have any need to contact FOX’s help desk, but if you do, we sure wish there were more options available than filling out a form or searching the help page on your own. A live chat addition is a must, as is the ability to both call and text for assistance.
- The lack of a rewards program at FOX Bet definitely is disappointing. Originally, it had a loyalty program, but it was difficult to understand and didn’t appear to offer a ton of benefit. Currently there is nothing available to give back to users who bet at FOX Bet, and hopefully that will change soon.
Types of bets available on FOX Bet NY sportsbook
Here’s a look at all the wagers you can make using the FOX Bet Sportsbook app.
- Moneyline, spread and over/under bets are the three most popular types you’ll see at FOX Bet; they also are the three that are prominently displayed. Moneylines just require you to pick the winner of a game. For spreads, you need to correctly bet on how much a team will win by, and over/unders refer to the combined score for both teams.
- Prop bets have increased in popularity thanks to the vast number of props that online sportsbooks are able to offer. Props are not tied to the final score of games, but instead focus on the statistical performance of players or other side bets.
- Parlays, teasers and round robins are all types of bets that involve at least two selections or more; round robins actually require three. Parlays are multiple bets combined into one, and they require that you get all your picks correct to win. Teasers are specifically spread bets on one sport (usually basketball or football) where you move the line in your favor. Round robins combine your picks in such a way that even if you get a pick wrong you still can win a portion of your wager if everything else is right.
- Futures betting refers to any long-term wager. Futures betting is most popular at the start of league seasons with bettors placing futures bets on teams to win the title.
- Live betting is another way to wager that continues to gain in popularity. Also known as in game betting, this refers to any wagers you place after contests have started. No longer do you have to worry about getting all your bets in before a game starts. You can place bets throughout games and watch the odds fluctuate based on what exactly is taking place on the field, court or ice.
Sports you can bet on at FOX Bet NY
FOX Bet has bets available on the NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB and a whole lot more, including betting markets for NCAA football and basketball, along with UFC, MLS, WNBA, NASCAR, golf and tennis bets.
If you’re wondering if you’ll be able to bet on international sports leagues at FOX Bet, the answer is a resounding yes. You can wager on KHL games for hockey, EuroLeague basketball and soccer leagues including the Champions League, La Liga, English Premier League and of course the FIFA World Cup once every four years.
You can check the complete listing on the FOX Bet app, which even includes table tennis and darts, as well.
New York sports teams you can bet on
There are tons of pro and college teams from the Empire State that you can bet on using the FOX Bet sports betting app. Here’s a quick rundown of all those squads.
- Major League Baseball has two well-known squads that call the Big Apple home: the New York Yankees and New York Mets.
- The NFL has three NY teams that have experienced varying levels of success in recent seasons in the Buffalo Bills, New York Jets and New York Giants.
- The NBA has become one of the biggest destinations for individual star power of late as New York boasts the New York Knicks and Brooklyn Nets.
- Another three teams reside in the NHL: the New York Islanders, New York Rangers and Buffalo Sabres.
- The New York Liberty is the only WNBA team that calls the Empire State home.
- For Major League Soccer, you can bet on the New York Red Bulls and New York City FC.
- As for college sports, you can bet on college football games and basketball at FOX Bet. That means you can bet on 22 Division I college basketball teams that are located in NY. The Syracuse Orange and St. John’s Red Storm are among the top schools. When it comes to college football, there are 12 teams from New York, with Syracuse once again a top team along with the Army Black Knights and Buffalo Bulls. *Note: While betting from New Jersey, you cannot wager on New Jersey-based college teams, or even on NCAA events taking place in the Garden State, as betting on those teams and events is prohibited by New Jersey gambling law.
New York futures betting
We understand that, based on where you live in NY, the idea of going to NJ daily or even weekly to place bets at FOX Bet might be a little too much of a hassle. If that’s the case, futures betting might be the perfect solution.
Instead of trying to bet on individual Yankees, Nets or Rangers games for example, you could make futures bets on the Yankees to win the World Series, the Nets to win the NBA Finals or bet on the Rangers to win the Stanley Cup.
FOX Bet also has futures markets for which teams will win their divisions and conferences and for players to win end-of-season awards.
Futures wagering also can be one of the most lucrative betting markets there is if you’re able to hit on a long-shot wager like Lamar Jackson winning the NFL MVP award for the 2019 season, for example.
How to deposit and cash out on the FOX Bet app
FOX Bet really excels when it comes to its banking options. Here’s a look at all the choices you have for depositing and cashing out using the FOX Bet Sportsbook app.
Depositing at FOX Bet
- Credit card
- Online bank transfer
Cashing out at FOX Bet
- Online bank transfer
Currently, FOX Bet does not have a retail sportsbook location in New Jersey, but if it adds one, you almost certainly will be able to deposit and cash out at the casino cage at that location.
How to contact FOX Bet customer support
One of the areas FOX Bet Sportsbook is slightly lacking is its customer support. If you experience a problem, you can fill out a form via the FOX Bet app or webpage and wait to hear back.
Also, if click on your account, then “help” followed by “help center,” you’ll be taken to an FAQ page that you can search and hopefully find an answer to your problem.
Responsible gambling at FOX Bet
FOX Bet does offer plenty of ways to help promote responsible gambling. There are settings that allow users to control their playing time, spending limits, deposit limits, stake limits and even what sports they’re allowed to play.
FOX Bet also provides links and numbers to call if you or anyone you know might need help with a potential gambling problem. The main number to call is 1-800-522-4700.
Where is the FOX Bet retail sportsbook?
At this time, FOX Bet does not have a retail sportsbook location in either New Jersey or New York.
Is FOX Bet the best sportsbook in New York?
While FOX Bet is not the absolute best, it is among the biggest and also is one of the better online sportsbook apps on the market.
FOX Bet has the backing of Fox Sports and offers competitive odds, and its app is very solid. The lack of customer service options and promotions are a couple of the reasons that keep us from considering FOX Bet the best sportsbook at this time.
FOX Bet Sportsbook NY FAQ
Why should I choose FOX Bet over an offshore site?
Because FOX Bet is a licensed sportsbook. Simply put, that means when you want to withdraw your money, you’ll be able to. It also means your personal data is safe at FOX Bet. Neither of those things can be said about offshore sites, which are not regulated or subject to the same standards as FOX Bet.
Can I bet on college sports on FOX Bet?
Yes, FOX Bet Sportsbook has betting markets for college football and basketball. However, when betting in New Jersey, you will not be able to bet on NJ-based colleges or on any NCAA events that are being held in the Garden State.
Is FOX Bet a legitimate sportsbook for New York bettors?
Definitely. FOX Bet is a great choice for New Yorkers who want to bet on sports remotely. FOX Bet received its sports betting license from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. If you run into any problems with FOX Bet, you can contact the NJDGE by phone (609-984-0909) or email ([email protected]).
What is the minimum age to bet at FOX Bet?
You must be 21 or older to legally bet on sports in New Jersey. Also, you need to be located in the state whenever you want to place any bets. You’ll need to have geolocation software on your phone or tablet turned on; otherwise you won’t be able to make any wagers.
Does FOX Bet offer odds boosts or let you cash out early?
Yes, FOX Bet offers both odds boosts and early cash-outs. You’ll find bet boosts listed on the app daily. As for early cash-outs, FOX Bet doesn’t guarantee that you’ll always have the option, but when available, you can cash out for either a profit or loss on your original bet before the market has closed.
How does the FOX Bet app compare to FanDuel?
Both the FOX Bet and FanDuel apps are great options for New York sports bettors. The odds at both books are comparable, but the one area where there is a major difference is promotions. FanDuel Sportsbook tends to offer more and better promos than FOX Bet at this time.