DraftKings NY Promo Code for up to $1,050 Sign-up Bonus
DraftKings online sportsbook is a great option for New York sports bettors. Sign up to DraftKings NY sportsbook today to receive a welcome bonus worth up to $1,050. No DraftKings bonus code is required!
The DraftKing sportsbook perks don’t stop with that welcome bonus. You’ll find a wide range of ongoing odds boosts, specials and other promotions. And you will be enrolled in the Dynasty Rewards Club, earning points with every bet you place.
Our comprehensive review covers how to get started, maximize your welcome bonus, and get in on the action. We’ll go over all of the site’s pros and cons, and everything else you need to know about DraftKings online sportsbook in New York.
DraftKings NY Sportsbook promo code – May 2022
DraftKings Sportsbook has two sign-up bonuses for new customers in New York. You do not need a DraftKings NY promo code to claim either one. Simply sign up for your new DraftKings account and the following bonus offer will be active with your first deposit.
- The first is a $50 free bet. DraftKings will give you that bet just for signing up and making any deposit of $5 or more.
- The second is a deposit bonus where DraftKings will match your deposit at a 20% clip up to a total of $1,000.
|DraftKings NY Promo Code||Click to Claim Promo|
|DraftKings NY Free Bet||$50|
|DraftKings NY Deposit Bonus||20% match up to $1,000 on your first deposit|
|DraftKings NY Minimum Deposit||$10|
|DraftKings NY App Rating||4.1/5|
|DraftKings NY Daily Promos||Odds boost and parlays|
|DraftKings NY Best Feature||Betting carousel|
|Last Updated||May 2022|
How do the DraftKings free bet and deposit bonus work?
Again, you don’t need a DraftKings New York promo code to activate this offer. Just create your new account and make your first deposit.
There are two parts to the welcome bonus which are both unlocked by making a deposit. First, you get a free $50 bet. Any money you win on that free bet is yours to keep, no strings attached.
But that’s not all. The initial deposit is also matched at a 20% rate up to a maximum of $1,000. That means that if you deposited $100, you’d be eligible for a $20 bonus. A $500 deposit means a $100 bonus, and so on.
Now, even if you deposit $5,000, that doesn’t mean you get an additional $1,000 in your account instantly. Instead, for every $25 you bet on the DraftKings NY mobile app, you will receive $1 of the bonus. The bets must have odds of -300 or longer to be eligible for bonus clearing.
So to get the $1,000 bonus you need to make a total of $25,000 in wagers to receive $1,000. You have 90 days from the time of your deposit to clear the bonus, so choose the deposit amount that’s appropriate for you. But if you don’t clear it all you still keep whatever bonus you cleared within that time frame.
The DraftKings Sportsbook welcome offers are very solid. A lot of other online sportsbooks offer risk-free bets, which actually can amount to nothing if either your first bet is a winner or if your first two bets are losers. The free bet is an attractive alternative to that.
And the deposit bonus is gravy on top of it, and brings value to players with all different sizes of bankroll. So, all things considered, we quite like the welcome bonuses at DraftKings Sportsbook in New York.
What will I get with the DraftKings NY bonus code?
You don’t actually need a DraftKings Sportsbook promo code. Just sign up to DraftKings using our links and you will be entitled to the welcome bonus.
You can get up to $1,050 from the welcome offer, but we don’t expect most users will claim the full amount. The reason being is simple — you would need to make a first deposit of at least $5,000 and bet at least $25,000 in your first 90 days with DraftKings New York.
However, the DraftKings Sportsbook welcome bonus is still top-notch as it easily scales to your preferred deposit size.
Let’s take a closer look at how much you can get from the welcome bonus and what it will cost you to clear it.
- $5 Deposit: Up to $51 free ($50 free bet + $1 in bonus funds). To claim your $1 in bonus funds you must bet $25.
- $50 Deposit: Up to $60 free ($50 free bet + 10 in bonus funds). To claim your $10 in bonus funds you must bet $250.
- $100 Deposit: Up to $70 free ($50 free bet + $20 in bonus funds). To claim your $20 in bonus funds you must bet $500.
- $250 Deposit: Up to $100 free ($50 free bet + $50 in bonus funds). To claim your $50 in bonus funds you must bet $1,250.
- $500 Deposit: Up to $150 free ($50 free bet + $100 in bonus funds). To claim your $100 in bonus funds you must bet $2,500.
- $1,000 Deposit: Up to $250 free ($50 free bet + $200 in bonus funds). To claim your $200 in bonus funds you must bet $5,000.
- $2,500 Deposit: Up to $550 free ($50 free bet + $500 in bonus funds). To claim your $500 in bonus funds you must bet $12,500.
- $5,000 Deposit: Up to $1,050 free ($50 free bet + $1,000 in bonus funds). To claim your $1,000 in bonus funds you must bet $25,000.
DraftKings Sportsbook NY promotions
The DraftKings Sportsbook has promos going all the time, with some can’t-miss ones appearing fairly frequently. None of these offers require a promo code, you’ll find them in DraftKings NY app.
- Boosts: DraftKings offers both odds boosts and profit boosts. The difference between the two is that odds boosts increase the betting odds for a specific bet, while profit boosts allow you to choose what you want to bet on, and the amount you would win increases. We prefer the profit boosts because you’re able to decide what to bet on, but if you like the wager DraftKings is boosting the odds on, then that works, too.
- Pregame protection promos: During the MLB season you’ll find a variety of promotions. Many DraftKings NJ promotions revolve around MLB parlays or MLB single-game parlays. You’ll also see home run promos at DraftKings NY as well. Many of these MLB specials offer refunds, as free bets, if your original wager loses.
- Playoff Boost: During the NBA Playoffs and NHL Playoffs you’ll find a plethora of DraftKings Sportsbook NY special offers as well. Be sure to check the DraftKings NY promotions page daily to see what exciting promotions are being offered that day for the NBA and NHL playoffs.
- Free contests and missions: DraftKings has free contests where you can win cash, though be warned: With so many people entering, these are highly challenging to win. You’ll also receive missions at DraftKings Sportsbook, and if you complete them, you’ll receive a free bet.
Overall, the number and quality of the promotions that DraftKings online betting offers are easily among the best in the industry.
You can create your DraftKings New York sports betting account using your mobile device or computer.
- Click “sign up” on either the website or app.
- On the first page, create a username, which you cannot change, and a password.
- After clicking next, you need to enter your name, email and home address, phone number, date of birth and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- And that is all there is to creating your DraftKings Sportsbook account.
You don’t need a DraftKings bonus code to collect the welcome bonus. Simply follow these steps, and the bonuses will be activated when you make your first deposit.
DraftKings Sportsbook New York app
Getting the DraftKings NY app on your Android or Apple tablet or phone is a simple process. Start by heading over to the DraftKings home page.
Look for the links for your device, and then follow the instructions for downloading and installing the app. The process should not take more than a minute or two, and then you will be ready to start using one of the best sportsbook apps in the business.
Using the DraftKings Sportsbook app
DraftKings is very user-friendly, but here are a couple of helpful tips to smooth things out.
- Placing bets: To place bets, just find the game you’re looking for. When you click on it, you’ll see all the bets available for that game. Just click on the bet you want, and it’ll be added to your slip. If you want to add more bets, select “Add more” and you can keep adding. Once you’re ready to place a bet, you can open your slip and decide if you want to make a single bet or a parlay, round robin or teaser.
- Promotions: DraftKings displays some of its current promos at the top of the homepage along with a green “opt in” button. If you click the button, you’ll head to a page to make a corresponding bet. You can see all the promos by clicking “promos” at the bottom of the page.
- Your account: You can access your account by clicking the circle icon at the top left of the page. From here, you can deposit or withdraw money, redeem crowns, check your bonus status, change your settings or reach out to the DraftKings service department.
Best features of the DraftKings app
It’s no surprise that DraftKings is one of the top online sportsbooks in the state and throughout the country. Of course, DraftKings offers great odds, an abundance of sports to bet on and even more types of bets to make. But what really separates DraftKings from the rest of the pack? Here are some of our favorite features:
- Stats hub: Instead of having to go to various sites to do your research, you can do it all throughout the app.
- Dynasty Rewards Club: In the second half of 2021 DraftKings introduced its Dynasty Rewards Club. With DraftKings Dynasty Rewards you earn points from both DraftKings Sportsbook and DraftKings DFS. The points you earn are known as Crowns.
As is the case with most rewards clubs, the more Crowns you earn, the higher tier you’ll achieve. And with each successive tier, you get more and better rewards. Your tier is determined by how many Crowns you earn in a calendar year.
The four tiers are such:
- Bronze: 0-24,999 Crowns
- Silver: 25,000-124,999 Crowns
- Gold: 125,000-499,999 Crowns
- Diamond: 500,000-999,999 Crowns
- Onyx: 1,000,000+ Crowns
- Unique & Rewarding Promotions: Both the quality and quantity of promotions are one of the most important aspects of an online sportsbook. At DraftKings NY you will find a myriad of top promos available throughout the year.
DraftKings is constantly offering a variety of odds boosts, profit boosts and specials that are sure to keep you entertained, while also making it more rewarding when your bets come through.
In addition, DraftKings NY also offers “Missions.” Missions can be found under the promotions tab and the way they work is simple. You are tasked with a certain Mission and if you complete it in a set amount of time you will be given the stated reward.
Some Missions are small (Make five over/under bets of $5 or more) with small rewards (Receive 200 Crowns). While others are much larger: Make five $100 spread bets and receive a $60 free bet, for example. Just be sure you opt into each Mission in order to claim the reward when you complete it.
- Pools: DraftKings Pools are kind of like March Madness brackets, but they’re available all year long for all major sports.
For example, you could select an NHL Pick ‘EM Pool where you select which teams you think will win that night and whether the over or under will hit in each game. Pay your entry fee and depending on where you finish in the standings collect your money when it’s all over. Some contests are winner take all, while others pay out a set number of winners.
Some contests are even free to enter, and they pay out in cash. If all that wasn’t enough, you can create your own and just play with friends.
- DraftKings Social: With DraftKings Social not only can you connect with friends, making it easier to share your wins, but you also can see what other users are betting on. Think of it as a social media channel, but it’s only about betting.
How could the DraftKings NY app improve?
And here are two things we’d like to see DraftKings do better at:
- No search bar: While navigating the DraftKings app is fairly easy, it still would be nice if it had a search bar to make finding the game you are looking for as easy as possible. If it’s a busy college basketball weekend and you want to bet on the St. Bonaventure-Iona game, it can take a little bit of scrolling before you find it.
- App doesn’t rotate: This might seem like a little bit of a nitpick, but it can be a bigger deal than you think. Take for example the stats hub; it would look so much better if you could view it horizontally. And if you have a tablet with a connected keyboard, you’ll constantly have to disconnect it to be able to turn your device.
Types of bets available on the DraftKings New York Sportsbook
- Moneyline: This is the easiest bet to understand because all you are doing is picking which team will win. The odds make it so that you will win less money betting on the favorite and more when betting on underdogs.
- Spreads: You are wagering on how many points a team will win by. If you bet on a favorite, that team needs to win by more than the listed number. If you bet on the underdog, it needs to either win the game outright or lose by less than the number.
- Over/unders: Also known as totals, these are wagers on if a certain stat will be either below or above the number that DraftKings has set. Over/unders usually refer to the total points by both teams in a game.
- Props: These are side bets. Props can be for anything from the coin flip before a football game to who will score the first or last touchdown in a football game.
- Parlays: Here you’re combining two or more bets, and you only win if all your bets come to pass. Add more bets, or legs, and your potential winnings go up, but the odds of getting everything right go down.
- Teasers: Bets that combine two or more spread bets into one and allow you to move the line in your favor.
- Round robins: Similar to parlays, these bets involve at least three selections. Your picks are combined so that you can get one pick wrong and still win some money back. If you were betting on the Yankees, Mets and Dodgers all to win, a round robin would group them together as such: Yankees-Mets, Yankees-Dodgers and Mets-Dodgers. Now if the Yankees and Mets win, but the Dodgers lose, you still would win the Yankees-Mets part of the bet.
- Futures: These are bets that are usually season-long wagers. The most common types of futures bets are picking teams to win championships or picking players to win awards like MVP or rookie of the year.
- Live betting: Here we have bets that are fairly exclusive to online sportsbooks. Live or in game betting is any betting you do after a game has started. You’ll notice that the odds change frequently, sometimes by a lot, based on who has the ball, the amount of time remaining and of course the score of the game. Live betting can even involve what will happen during the next at-bat or possession.
Sports you can bet on at DraftKings in New York
DraftKings online betting has all the sports you would expect and then some. Whether you are a fan of top pro leagues like the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL or MLS, or of college basketball and college football, DraftKings has tons of betting markets available for them all.
And that is far from everything. You can wager on the PGA Tour, UFC, WNBA, women’s and men’s tennis, and international soccer, too. You can find auto racing markets for NASCAR and IndyCar and a handful of smaller sports like rugby and table tennis, as well.
NY sports teams you can bet on
If you’re interested in checking the odds on some New York teams, here are the options you’ll find at DraftKings.
- In the NFL you have the New York Jets, New York Giants and Buffalo Bills (though the first two play their home games in New Jersey).
- In the NBA there are the Brooklyn Nets and New York Knicks.
- Major League Baseball is home to the New York Yankees — owners of a record 27 World Series titles — and the New York Mets.
- And in the NHL you have three teams to choose from: the New York Islanders, New York Rangers and Buffalo Sabres.
- There are another two teams in MLS: New York City FC and New York Red Bulls.
- And finishing out the pro sports side of things is the WNBA, where you have the New York Liberty.
- For college sports, local regulations mean that you cannot bet on New York State teams. But you can place college sports bets on other any games involving out-of-state teams.
New York futures betting
Short-term bets are not the only option at DraftKings Sportsbook NY. There is also a wide variety of futures bets available.
You can place championship futures bets on teams like the Yankees, Giants, Rangers or Nets to win it all. You also could pick the Mets to win the NL pennant or the Bills or Sabres to win their divisions, for a few examples.
DraftKings also has markets for how each team in a given league will perform during the regular season. This would allow you to put some money on your favorite teams, but not have to be sweating each individual game.
There are also futures markets for players. You can bet on who will be the MVP at regular season’s end for a given league. Or if you’re a fan of the NHL post-season, you can bet on who might win the Conn Smythe Trophy, which is awarded to the MVP of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
These are just a few examples, of course. You’ll find a wide range of futures bets to choose from at DraftKings.
Is DraftKings legal in New York?
Yes, DraftKings Sportsbook is legal in New York. To no one’s surprise, DraftKings was one of nine selected operators chosen by the New York State Gaming Commission to be licensed and offer sports betting in the state. The announcement was made on November 8, 2021.
DraftKings online sportsbook then went live in New York State on January 8, 2022, which was the first day any online sportsbook operated legally in the state.
The license providing the gaming commission provides DraftKings a 10-year deal to operate in the state while paying a predetermined tax figure of 51%.
Geolocation technology is used by DraftKings to check that you are in New York State when making wagers in the sportsbook. You can still access your account from out of state, but you must be physically within state borders to place any bets. ID verification checks are also completed with the aid of social security numbers, preventing individuals under the minimum age of 21 from creating an account.
How to deposit and withdraw on the DraftKings app
To deposit at DraftKings sports betting in New York, you can use any of these options:
- Online bank transfer
- Credit or debit card
- DraftKings Play+ prepaid card
- Wire transfer
- DraftKings gift card
And here are your choices for withdrawing money:
- Check in the mail
How to contact DraftKings customer support
If you run into any problems, first up, we suggest checking out the help page on the app or website to see if there’s a simple solution to your issue discussed there.
If that does not work, you can fill out a form and a DraftKings staffer will reach out to you ASAP. You also can go to the website and click “contact us” at the bottom of the page and fill out a form to receive a call from DraftKings. And your final option is to send an email to [email protected]
Responsible gambling at DraftKings Sportsbook
It might surprise some people, but online sportsbooks can be very helpful in promoting responsible gambling. DraftKings lets you limit the amount of time and money you are able to spend on the site.
You also can find information at DraftKings about how to get help if you believe you have a gambling problem. And you can exclude yourself from having a DraftKings account entirely.
Where is the DraftKings retail sportsbook in NY?
DraftKings has a retail sportsbook located at del Lago Resort and Casino in Waterloo, NY.
DraftKings Sportsbook at del Lago features 23 betting kiosks, four in-person betting windows, 1,000 square feet of LED video boards, over 6,000 square feet of betting action and a full-service restaurant.
- Address: 1133 State Route 414
- Phone: 855-335-5246
- Website: www.dellagoresort.com/draftkings-sportsbook/
- Amenities: Full food menu, real-time live odds boards
- Betting: Four in-person windows, 23 self-service kiosks.
- Hours: Tuesday & Wednesday, 8 a.m.-midnight
Thursday-Monday, 8 a.m.-2 a.m.
Betting kiosks open 24 hours
- Opened: November 2018
Is DraftKings the best sportsbook in New York?
In our opinion, the race for the best sportsbook for New York sports bettors is between DraftKings and FanDuel. In a lot of ways it really is more about personal preference than anything else.
Both sportsbooks offer great odds and promos and have two of the best sports betting sites you’re going to find anywhere.
Based on all the promos offered at both sportsbooks, we figured why bother choosing? Just have both apps on your phone and bet with the one that has the best odds for what you’re in the market for.
DraftKings Sportsbook NY FAQ
You do not need a DraftKings promo code in New York to claim the welcome bonus, just sign up with DraftKings NY and make your first deposit. The DraftKings May 2022 welcome bonus consists of a $50 free bet and a $1,000 deposit bonus match.
No. You can sign up, deposit and place bets entirely online with DraftKings New York sportsbook. You must be at least 21 years old and be in New York State when doing so. That also means you need to have the geolocation software on.
No, you can also interact directly with the DraftKings website on your computer.
Yes, except for teams from New York colleges.
At DraftKings you’re dealing with a legalized and regulated sportsbook. That is not the case with offshore sites, where both your money and personal information are not necessarily secure. When doing business with DraftKings, you can rest easy that your info and money will be safe. You can also take confidence in the fact that they are licensed and regulated by the New York State Gaming Commission.
Yes. DraftKings offers some of the most competitive lines and odds in the sports betting industry. While they will never be the best all the time, it is very, very rare to see them more than a little bit off the leading line on any given contest.
Yes. DraftKings is legal in over a dozen states, so you’re doing business with a top-notch sportsbook that has been vetted by as many regulators as any US sportsbook. In New York, that means the New York State Gaming Commission.