Disclaimer: BetAmerica Sportsbook will not launch in New York. Here are New York online sportsbooks you can sign up with today.
BetAmerica is known for giving its customers complete access to horse race betting across the country.
The recent wave of changing NY online gambling laws has put the company in the sportsbook game, making it a one-stop shop for all your sports gambling needs.
Partnered with the Golden Nugget and run by Churchill Downs Inc., BetAmerica provides wagering on more than 5,000 races a week. In addition, it offers action on all of the sports betting you’d expect from a major sportsbook.
BetAmerica Sportsbook promotional offer & details October 2022
Horse racing provider BetAmerica is now in the sportsbook game, offering its new customers in New Jersey a first deposit match of up to $500.
You do not need a BetAmerica promo code, the wagering bonus appears in the player’s account instantly and shows up in his or her wallet as bonus funds.
When BetAmerica starts offering full sports betting in New York, customers should look for similar promotions.
BetAmerica Sportsbook promo code
There is not a BetAmerica bonus code, all initial deposits made with BetAmerica New Jersey – regardless of the amount – are matched 100%, up to $500.
For deposits that exceed $500, the bonus is still capped at $500. There is no minimum deposit requirement, and the bonus is only valid for the first deposit. The same rule is likely to apply when the sportsbook comes to New York.
How will the BetAmerica NY bonus work?
For the bonus money to become withdrawable, a player must wager the total deposit and bonus amount at least six times.
So, if a player deposits $500 and receives a $500 bonus, he or she would need to wager $6,000 before withdrawing those funds. Players will probably have 365 days to complete the withdrawal requirement; otherwise, any remaining bonus funds will likely be forfeited.
BetAmerica NY should offer a similar bonus for its horse racing customers, but that will likely top out at $100.
Other BetAmerica Sportsbook promotions
Along with the new customer deposit match of up to $500, BetAmerica NY should offer its customers a vast range of promos and potential bonuses.
The three-team parlay boost is always reliable.
For this promotion, every parlay of at least three legs will pay 5% extra if it hits. The only requirement should be that the odds before the boost fall between +100 and -500. All sports and leagues will likely be eligible for inclusion.
We expect BetAmerica NY to offer a $20 bonus when players place their first live or in-play bet of at least $20.
Players should be able to opt-in to the bonus and place their bet. The bonus will likely appear in the account automatically.
We expect rotating promotions to include sport-specific three-team parlay boosts.
BetAmerica NY may also offer a $20 bonus bet when a player makes his or her first $5 bet. The $20 will appear as a bonus wager, and the player would be able to withdraw it after he or she wagers it at least once.
BetAmerica Sportsbook loyalty program
In existing sportsbooks, BetAmerica offers a program called Wager Rewards for its many horse racing customers.
It awards points for every play, and bonus points for multi-play wins. If you accumulate enough points, you can make free wagers.
BetAmerica has yet to offer this program to its sportsbook customers in New Jersey, but things may be different for New York players. The competition may force BetAmerica to create one.
BetAmerica Sportsbook software
BetAmerica NY is set to use its software that should nimbly take a customer from its horse racing page to the sportsbook page, where they can make live bets on baseball, football, basketball and hockey.
BetAmerica Sportsbook app
With two specialties coming from the people at BetAmerica – horse racing and sports betting – BetAmerica NY is likely to feature a separate app for each.
The sportsbook’s app should look like the sportsbook’s webpage, except it will likely use icons along the top of the screen in place of the list of sports that will run down the left side of the website.
Both platforms – the webpage and the app – will give customers full access to registration, promotions, deposits and withdrawals, and betting slips.
Sports selection at BetAmerica Sportsbook
We can get an idea of what to expect with BetAmerica in New York based on the sports and bets it currently offers in New Jersey. Here are the offerings:
- Baseball and MLB: When baseball is in season, it will likely be at the very top of BetAmerica New York’s webpage and mobile app.
- Basketball and NBA: Be it the excitement of the NBA Playoffs, the NCAA Tournament or the regular season in November, we expect BetAmerica to cover NCAAB betting in NY.
- Football and NFL: We expect BetAmerica to break its football offerings down into NFL and college football games, as well as NFL and college football futures. You should even be able to bet on who will be the first pick of the 2020 NFL Draft.
- Hockey and NHL: BetAmerica NY is set to offer a slew of hockey options, including the NHL, AHL and the ice hockey World Championship, among other international competitions.
- MMA and UFC: Not all sportsbooks offer MMA fighting on its menu. We expect BetAmerica NY to and its likely to take MMA and UFC betting seriously enough to include an MMA belt as one its icons on the app.
- Golf and PGA: BetAmerica NY should feature golf bets on its website and app, making every PGA Tour event available, including Masters golf betting.
- Other sports and leagues: You should also find links to boxing, tennis, soccer, motor racing, Aussie rules, cricket, rugby, darts and cycling.
Bet selection at BetAmerica Sportsbook
Along with the full range of sports for you to place your money, BetAmerica NY will probably offer every bet type on the market:
- Parlay: Sports gamblers love the parlay because, by combining bets, they can get bigger payoffs. Sportsbooks love the parlay because it only takes one loss in the bet to kill the entire slip.
- Moneyline: Moneyline is a no-frills win/loss bet that uses odds instead of point spreads. It’s the standard bet for baseball, hockey and soccer, but you can also bet on football and basketball.
- Point spread: The point spread is a bet that most players know and play. But how do point spreads work? The premise is simple: Win by 5 points or more (as an example) and you win your bet. Anything less, and your bet is a loser.
- Prop bets: More fun than a way to make money, proposition bets can range from which team scores first to who finishes with the most rushing yards or how long before the first goal is scored. On Super Bowl Sunday, some people only play prop bets.
- Over/Under: The second most popular type of bet in sports is the total line, or over/under bet. Will it be a high-scoring game? Will there be a great defense? Is the field in poor condition? All of this matters when deciding which side of the line you choose to bet.
- Other bet types: BetAmerica NY should also feature futures bets, which are wagers placed on the outcome of events well into the future, like next year’s Super Bowl champion.
We expect the sportsbook to offer live betting, aka in play betting, which are bets on a game already in progress.
The bets come with shifting odds and spreads throughout the game that reflect the changing score and time remaining.
Banking at BetAmerica Sportsbook
Banking at BetAmerica NY may be more complicated than with most sportsbooks. Fortunately, when you sign up for an account, the site is likely to give you details on what you can and cannot do.
Deposit options may include credit and debit cards, PayPal, online bill pay, or e-check. However, the options will likely vary by player, according to his or her verification status and account history.
After signing up for an account, you should be able to find the most up-to-date information on your deposit options, including the maximum and minimum amounts, by visiting the “My Account” page.
Withdrawal options may vary by player, depending on account status and history. It will also vary the maximum and minimum amounts a player can withdraw.
BetAmerica NY should include a cash-out option, which is different than making a withdrawal.
Cashing out is a feature that allows players to collect winnings from an existing live wager.
Customer support at BetAmerica
We expect BetAmerica NY to offer player customer service with a staffed phone line from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST, as well as 24/7 email support.
There should also be an extensive list of FAQ and articles that cover everything from technical support to failed deposits to filing a complaint.
What’s great about BetAmerica Sportsbook?
From horse racing to the full schedule of professional and college sports, BetAmerica NY will likely cover it all. Having all of your sports gaming needs met by a single operator is an attractive feature.
Because BetAmerica has made the transition from a horse racing bookmaker to a complete sportsbook, when the industry eventually changes over, it’s already proven to be a company that has the flexibility to evolve with it.
What’s not so great?
While BetAmerica is a big name in the world of horse racing, they are a lesser known entity when it comes to sports betting.
Its sportsbook in New Jersey and the success it has seen is working to change that perception. But when New York sports betting goes live, the big names like DraftKings, FanDuel, Bet365 and Kambi might force their way to the front of the line.