The Oneida Indian Nation has released details and renderings of a $370 million capital investment at Turning Stone Resort Casino.
The project is the “largest evolution of Turning Stone Resort Casino in two decades,” according to a press release. The NY casino expansion plans include a new four-diamond hotel, a 77,000-square-foot conference center, outdoor event spaces, and a parking garage.
The release said the Turning Point casino evolution will result in a $616 million one-time economic impact, create 3,600 one-time jobs and generate $22.1 million in state and local tax revenues.
Turning Stone ready for ‘full evolution’ of NY casino
The announcement came exactly one day after Turning Point celebrated its 30th anniversary as the first legal New York casino.
In the press release from the Oneida Nation, Ray Halbritter, a tribe representative and CEO of Oneida Nation Enterprises, said:
“The Turning Stone evolution is much more than just an expansion. It is nothing less than a full evolution of the region’s premier destination and its role as an economic leader. Together with our existing facilities and partnerships, the new conference center will make Turning Stone and Central New York an even more desirable destination for larger and more prestigious events.”
The Turning Stone Resort Casino expansion will break ground in 2024 and is expected to take two years.
Details of Turning Stone NY casino expansion
When completed, the conference center will be “upstate New York’s largest convention center and one of just three venues of the same size and caliber in the state,” the Nation said.
Other key elements of the conference center are:
- Eight new meeting rooms, many with outdoor patios
- Two new ballrooms, including a 30,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom with a terrace overlooking the Shenendoah Golf Course and The Lodge’s Great Lawn
- An outdoor courtyard with three new events spaces
- A new indoor parking garage with 2,000 parking spaces and easy access to the conference center
To accommodate the additional guests of the conference center, a new hotel called The Crescent will be constructed. The Crescent will feature:
- 258 rooms, including 23 spacious one- and two-bedroom suites for an elevated experience
- A welcoming lobby featuring a fireplace with lounge seating, a quick-service cafe and a VIP lounge
- Salt Seafood & Raw Bar, the newest fine dining destination from Turning Stone’s award-winning culinary team, with five private dining rooms featuring outdoor patios
Turning Stone continuing renovations throughout property
Renovations will also continue at The Lodge. The Hotel will become The Brook, taking a new name in tribute to the region’s waterways with a fresh, modern aesthetic.
In December, The Lounge with Caesars Sportsbook will move to the latest nightlife destination at Turning Stone’s Exit 33, NY Rec & Social Club (formerly Lava Nightclub). The new entertainment destination will include the following:
- More than 60 high-definition screens
- Plush seating
- Cozy fan caves
- Entertainment options that include pool, foosball, shuffleboard and arcade games
- An outdoor patio with fire pits, comfortable seating and blackjack
In addition to all the luxury amenities, a new onsite medical facility will be built in partnership with Rome Health. The clinic will be available to all team members, their families and resort guests. According to the release, the medical center will offer urgent, primary, convenience and cardiology care with expanded hours covering evenings, weekends and holidays.
Name change coming for Oneida Nation Enterprises
Last but not least, the Nation also announced a name change. On Oct. 1, Oneida Nation Enterprises will become Turning Stone Enterprises.
According to the announcement:
“The new organizational identity recognizes the important role of Turning Stone in setting the standard for all of the Oneida Indian Nation’s enterprises and the essential contributions of every team member, regardless of where they work, in establishing and upholding this standard.”