Turning Stone Casino Resort
Named #1 Best Overall Gaming Resort in 2020 by Casino Player magazine, Turning Stone Resort Casino lived up to its name. The tribal property located in Verona, New York, is owned and operated by the Oneida Indian Nation, a federally recognized tribe of Oneida people. Apart from Turning Stone, the tribe operates two more places — Yellow Brick Road Casino and Point Place Casino.
The property in Turning Stone features a huge gaming space of 125,000 square feet. It’s inspired by casinos in Las Vegas and offers more than 2,000 slots and 66+ table games.
Turning Stone Resort Casino features a sports betting lounge operated by Caesars Entertainment. On top of that, it has a huge poker room featuring 32 tables and offers a wide array of other amenities, including several accommodation options, plenty of dining places, as well as other entertainment venues.
Turning Stone Resort Casino
- Address: 5218 Patrick Road, Verona, New York
- Owner: Oneida Indian Nation
- Operator: Oneida Indian Nation
- Hours: 24/7
- Casino games: 2,000+ slots, 66 table games, a bingo hall
- Sportsbook: The Lunge with Caesars Sports
- Poker: 32 poker tables
Best alternatives for NY casino players
of Gold Coins for $10
New York Casinos in the News
The casino at Turning Stone Resort
The casino plays an essential role at Turning Stone Resort Casino. Its interior is inspired by the big gambling houses in Las Vegas, making you feel like you’re at the heart of Nevada, even though the property is located in New York.
The casino floor occupies 125,000 square feet, making it one of the biggest casinos in the area. Apart from 2,000+ slots from leading providers, the casino features 66 table games and a huge bingo hall. Moreover, Turning Stone offers an online casino where you can play popular games for free.
With more than 2,000 machines available, the casino at Turning Stone offers a wide array of titles for everyone who enjoys testing their luck with one-armed bandits. Apart from the classic slot machines, the casino features plenty of new and special games with innovative features.
The entire list of slots is available on Turning Stone’s official site. Some of the popular titles you’ll find are:
- 88 Fortunes
- A Night of Mystery
- Black Diamond
- Buffalo Gold
- Bull Rush
- Cleopatra II
- Clinko King of Bling
- Colossal Diamonds
- Jewels of Africa
- Juicy Loot
- Lock It Link — Diamonds
- Lock It Link — NightLife
With 66+ table games available, Turning Point offers a wide range of popular titles. Some of the players’ favorites are:
- Caribbean Stud Poker
- Let It Ride
- Mississippi Stud
- Pai Gow Poker
- Three Card Poker
- Four Card Poker
- Sic Bo
- Texas Hold’em Bonus
- Mini Bac
- Midi Bac (Macau Style)
- The Big Six Money Wheels
- Casino War
The casino also hosts several table games tournaments, which usually take place once a month. By participating, you’ll have a chance to get the lion’s share of lucrative prize pools, which often go up to $15,000.
Bingo plays an important part at Turning Point, as the property’s bingo hall has been rated the third-best in the world. The room features cutting-edge bingo technology, comfortable seating, friendly staff, and more. Here’s an overview of daily bingo games:
- Doors Open: 9:00 a.m. & 4:00 p.m.
- Early Birds: 10:15 a.m. & 4:30 p.m.
- Superminis: 11:15 a.m. & 5:30 p.m.
- Warm-Ups: 12:30 p.m. & 6:45 p.m.
- Main Sessions: 12:45 p.m. & 7:00 p.m.
Apart from bingo, visitors can also enjoy a great keno offer, which is available every day from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., with the wagers starting at $2.
Turning Stone Resort online gambling partnerships
Turning Stone Resort Casino also offers an online casino where you can play all kinds of popular online slots, table games, and more. However, it’s currently illegal to play blackjack online in NY for real money, as well as online roulette or any other casino game. Therefore, all games on the site are free-to-play.
If legal online gambling in NY is finally legalized, Turning Stone Resort Casino could consider launching its own real money site, or partnering with an existing casino operator. Potential online partners interested in operating in New York could include brand new casino sites or major established brands like:
- DraftKings Casino Online in NY
- FanDuel Casino Online in NY
- BetRivers Casino Online in NY
- Caesars Casino Online in NY
- BetMGM Casino Online in NY
Fans of NY online poker regulation could look forward to similar legal poker options in case of legislation being passed.
Turning Stone offers plenty of promotions for bingo, poker, and casino games. Most of them are time-sensitive, so make sure to check out the latest ones before visiting the casino to get the best possible experience.
TS Rewards program
Turning Stone features a detailed rewards program for loyal customers. It’s called TS Rewards Program, and it’s partnered with Caesars Rewards, as Caesars operates the sportsbook at Turning Stone.
In other words, you can exchange TS Reward Points for Caesars Rewards Points and vice versa. The points can be exchanged at a 2:1 ratio. For instance, if you have 100,000 points at TS, you’ll be able to get 50,000 points at Caesars.
To earn points, all you have to do is play games and spend money on other eligible products and services that are part of Turning Stone Resort Casino. Your points do not expire but will be deleted if you are inactive for more than six months.
To learn more about the rewards program and become a member, make sure to visit the TS Rewards Desk during the following hours:
- Sunday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Turning Stone Resort Casino sportsbook
The sportsbook at Turning Stone is called The Lounge with Caesars Sports, and that’s exactly how one can describe it. It’s not a standard sportsbook, but rather a lounge where you can enjoy watching all kinds of games on big TVs and place wagers on the sports you like. Moreover, you can order food and beverages to make the experience even better.
The Lounge features a huge 500 square-foot curved LED screen that can be viewed from three sides. It is located right next to the casino.
Here’s the daily schedule for the sportsbook:
- Monday – Thursday: 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday: 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Turning Stone Resort Casino in Verona, NY, doesn’t offer online sports betting at the moment. However, as of January 2021, Gov. Andrew Cuomo changed his stance on the matter, meaning betting on the web could become available at any moment. By the time you read this review, this feature might be available at Turning Stone, so make sure to check it out.
Turning Stone Resort Casino poker room
The poker room offers 32 tables where players can enjoy live cash games or daily single-table tournaments. The room also features 12 big HD TVs where you can watch all kinds of sports events and a computerized player waiting list, making the playing experience convenient.
Types of cash games you can find are limit hold ‘em, no-limit hold ’em, limit Omaha, and limit Omaha H/L.
What makes Turning Stone’s poker room stand out from the pack is the social poker experience that can be organized if a big group of people decides to visit the property.
All NY Casino & Sportsbook Reviews
- Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort
- Batavia Downs Gaming & Hotel
- del Lago Resort & Casino
- Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway
- Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack
- Hamburg Gaming Buffalo Raceway
- Jake’s 58 Casino
- LakeSide Entertainment
- Monticello Gaming and Raceway
- Point Place Casino
- Resorts World Casino in New York
- Resorts World Catskills Casino
- Rivers Casino & Resort Schenectady
- Saratoga Casino & Horse Racing
- Seneca Allegany Resort and Casino
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino
- Seneca Gaming in Salamanca
- Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
- The Yellow Brick Road Casino
- Vernon Downs Casino Hotel & Race Track
Turning Stone Resort Casino amenities
The hotel at Turning Stone Resort Casino
Turning Stone Resort and Casino is a massive property, offering a wide range of accommodation options. Here’s a quick overview of all places where you can stay the night and are part of the resort:
- The Lodge: The Lodge at Turning Stone Resort Casino is an award-winning countryside-type of hotel. It is a beautiful and elegant all-suite property known for its serene environment and plenty of fun and exciting activities. Some of the in-room amenities that visitors can enjoy are a mini-bar, robes, Keurig coffee maker, in-room safe, Saratoga water, free WiFi, and more. Other great amenities that are part of this facility are the Lodge pool, gym, and hot tub.
- The Tower: The Tower is marketed as the tallest building between Syracuse and Albany, and it’s a perfect accommodation option for all visitors who prefer panoramic views. Apart from standard guest rooms, the Tower offers junior suites and large elegant suites that offer a luxurious experience with a beautiful view. The top of the Tower is reserved for TS Steakhouse.
- The Hotel: The Hotel is located at the very heart of the Turning Stone Resort Casino, and it offers quick access to all kinds of activities, including casino gaming. All rooms in the hotel are spacious and comfortable. Apart from 268 ordinary rooms, it features 28 suites, all equipped with top-of-the-class in-room amenities, including free WiFi, coffeemakers, hairdryers, and more.
- Sandstone Hollow Inn: Sandstone Hollow Inn is a smoke-free hotel that offers affordable and modern accommodation. If you’re visiting Turning Stone to play golf, this is probably the best option for lodging since it’s located on the edge of Sandstone Hollow Golf Course. The inn features free breakfast, complimentary WiFi, and free shuttle services to Turning Stone.
- The Inn: The Inn is an affordable alternative for those who are on a budget. It offers 59 smoke-free rooms that come with king or double beds. Some of the room amenities include cable TV, WiFi, and more.
- The Villages RV Park: The Villages RV Park is just a couple of minutes away from Turning Stone Resort Casino, located at the heart of Verona, New York. It offers breathtaking nature, long hiking trails, and a spectrum of other recreational activities, such as swimming, fishing, biking, volleyball, basketball, and more. About 175 paved sites feature a full utility hookup, in addition to free WiFi service.
There are 13 dining options located near the resort. Let’s take a brief overview.
- TS Steakhouse — A beautiful restaurant located on the top floor of the Tower, featuring great panoramic views and delicious dishes by Chef Ray Wells.
- Wildflowers — Located at the Lodge, the Wildflowers restaurant offers a spectrum of dishes inspired by traditional continental cuisine.
- Pino Bianco — The popular restaurant focuses on serving popular Italian food; it also comes with a bar adjacent to the restaurant.
- Peach Blossom — Inspired by Chinese and Thai cuisine, Peach Blossom offers a range of fresh and unique dishes with an innovative twist.
- Upstate Tavern — A casual dining place, offering all kinds of burgers, chicken wings, and more. All food is inspired by some classic American dishes, which are especially popular in New York.
- Tin Rooster — All kinds of BBQ dishes, including sandwiches, steaks, burgers, and more. You’ll also find country music and cold beer.
- Season’s Harvest — A station-style buffet serving Italian, American, Mongolian, and Mexican food. Season’s Harvest is a smoke-free place.
- Emerald — A casual restaurant opened 24/7, offering a classic American menu: sandwiches, burgers, salads, and full dinners.
- Dining at the Lounge — The Lounge is a sportsbook at Turning Stone, but you can also order food such as burgers, tacos, wings, and more.
- The Food Hall — A quick-serve dining option that offers juicy burgers, tacos, deli sandwiches, pizza, and more.
- Sushi Sushi — Popular noodles, sushi, nigiri, and maki rolls made by a professional sushi chef.
- Delta Cafe — Part of the property’s bingo hall, the cafe offers quick bites ideal when taking a break from bingo. The menu offers sandwiches, burgers, pizza, and more.
- Opals — The Opals Confectionery offers all kinds of baked goods, cookies, cakes, and plenty of other options for those with a sweet tooth.
- In-Room Dining — The room service in the Hotel and the Tower can make sure to bring you food from the nearby restaurants and offer an in-room dining experience.
Entertainment and events
Turning Stone offers two big venues for events — the Event Center and the Showroom.
- The Event Center — One of the biggest event centers in the area, offering a 5,000-seat concert arena and convention center that hosts concerts, boxing matches, theatrical events, and more.
- The Showroom — A 700-seat cabaret-style event center hosting some of the leading singers, production shows, stand-up comedians, and more.
Turning Stone Resort Casino history
Turning Stone Resort & Casino is the oldest facility operated by the Oneida Indian Nation. It opened on July 20, 1993, and was the only land-based casino in New York until 2002, when Seneca Niagara Casino opened.
The casino was the first to open, to aid the development of the Oneida Indian Nation. The on-site hotel and a bingo hall were completed in 1995.
In 1997, the Oneida Indian nation paid for the water tower construction and donated it to Verona, which was just one of many contributions to the community in the area.
The resort continued to expand in 2002 when the constriction of a showroom started. The casino was further expanded, and new accommodation options were later added.
Nowadays, Turning Stone Resort Casino is one of the most popular resorts in New York, with thousands of visitors from all over the country enjoying its amenities.