Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino – Sportsbook & Games
Seneca Buffalo Creek is a casino and sportsbook located in Buffalo’s Cobblestone District and Inner Harbor area. It takes its name from its location in Buffalo Creek, the native territory belonging to the Seneca Nation of Indians.
In addition to the Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino, the Seneca Nation owns two other successful New York casinos: Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino in Niagara Falls and Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino in Salamanca.
Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino is located near several sports and entertainment venues, Niagara Falls and the Peace Bridge on the US-Canada border, making it a great weekend getaway for both New Yorkers and Canadians. Consequently, the casino hosts an average of three million visitors annually.
It opened in 2007 as a temporary casino, but a subsequent expansion in 2013 led to it becoming a permanent establishment. Boasting a Class III operating license, its 95,000 square feet house around 1,150 Vegas-style slot machines and more than 30 table games.
Besides the sizable casino and sportsbook, the nine-acre Seneca Buffalo Creek site also features three restaurants, two bars, entertainment, retail, a parking lot and a parking garage.
Although there are no accommodations on the premises, affordable hotels and inns are available nearby, many of which have partnered with the casino to provide complimentary shuttle service to and from the site. Under normal conditions, the casino is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Visitors need to be at least 21 years old.
Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino
- Address: 1 Fulton St., Buffalo, NY
- Owner: Seneca Nation of Indians
- Operator: Seneca Gaming Corp.
- Hours: Always open
- Casino games: 1,150 slot machines and 30+ table games
- Sportsbook: Yes
- Poker: Yes
New York Casinos in the News
The casino at Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino
The 95,000 square feet of gambling space at Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino features over 1,150 slot machines ranging from classic slots to video poker and 30+ table games, including roulette, blackjack, craps and many other popular games.
In addition to the sizable game portfolio, Seneca Buffalo Creek in Buffalo, NY, also boasts its own sportsbook, allowing you to wager on a variety of sports.
There’s also the Social Club, a loyalty program that allows you to earn points playing casino games, advance up the ladder and become eligible for special offers and rewards. The casino also runs regular promotions that allow players to get more value out of their wagers. Here is a list of some of the top promotions at Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino:
- Seneca Birthday Bonus — All Social Club members are eligible for free slot play on their birthday. Depending on your Social Club loyalty level, you can receive up to $50 worth of rewards.
- 55 Plus Mondays — All players 55 or older can redeem points for restaurant discount vouchers, free spins or gifts.
- New member sign-up — Become a member of the Social Club by Seneca and receive $15 free slot play or a $15 free table bet. Earn points playing casino games and swipe your card at the promotional kiosk for a chance to win a $15 to $100 free table bet or free slot play.
Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino houses over 1,150 Las Vegas-style slot machines, featuring all kinds of titles from classic slots to new and exciting themed slots and jackpots. You can find slot machines in multiple denominations, from pennies to $25, allowing you to tailor your gameplay to your budget.
In addition, the vast and open casino floor with dimmed lights and comfortable seating allows for maximum enjoyment. Here are some of the most popular slot machines you can play at Seneca Buffalo Creek:
- Buffalo Grand
- 88 Fortunes
- Dragon’s Temple 3D
- Jurassic Park Wild Excursion
- Michael Jackson: Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’
- Hot Shot Dual Wheel
- Quick Hit Wild Red
- Wheel of Fortune Power Wedges
- Lightning Link
- High Stakes Lightning Link
- The Walking Dead
- Reels of Wheels
- The Flintstones
In addition to a great selection of video slot machines, Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino also features many jackpot games that give players a chance to win tens of thousands of dollars.
With its Class III gaming license, Seneca Buffalo Creek can offer live dealer games and features over 30 table games. For lovers of electronic game variants, it has video poker machines, as well. Here is a complete list of table games you can play at Seneca Buffalo Creek:
- Ultimate Texas Hold’em
- Casino War
- Mississippi Stud
- Spanish 21
- Three Card Poker
- Let It Ride
If you’d like to brush up on your card game skills before trying your luck at the casino, you can study the comprehensive guides on the casino website. The guides are available for blackjack games, roulette, craps, Let It Ride, Spanish 21 and three card poker.
Social Club rewards program
Seneca Buffalo Creek’s rewards program is the Social Club, a loyalty club also available in other Seneca Nation casinos. You can become a member quickly and free of charge. Just present a valid ID at the Social Club or visit one of the self-service kiosks at the casino. Social Club by Seneca is a tiered system, and the loyalty levels are as follows:
- Member — 0 to 149 tier points
- Player — 150 to 749 tier points
- Pro — 750 to 1,999 tier points
- Advantage — 2,000+ tier points
As soon as you get your card, you can start earning points by playing casino games. You can accrue points by playing all casino games, at the following rates:
- For every $170 of slot play, you’ll earn one point.
- For every $350 of video poker play, you’ll earn one point.
- For around four hours of table games played at a $25 average bet, you’ll earn nine points.
- For every $700 of video table gameplay, you’ll earn one point.
In addition to being able to redeem each player point for $1, members can become eligible for various discounts, shopping bonuses, birthday bonuses, room upgrades, invitations to exclusive events, priority valet service and VIP access. Naturally, the more points you earn, the higher your loyalty level, and the more generous the rewards and offers that become available to you.
Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino sportsbook
For a well-rounded gambling experience, Buffalo Creek Casino also features a sportsbook where you can place a variety of sports wagers, conveniently located on the casino floor.
If you’re new to sports betting and would like to learn more about the process, as well as the different types of bets you can place, you can consult a comprehensive sports betting guide on Seneca Buffalo Creek’s official website.
Although the casino welcomes players 24/7, the hours of the sportsbook counter are different: Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to midnight; Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to midnight. You can also place bets at self-service kiosks outside of sportsbook hours. You can cash in winning tickets at the Sports Lounge within the hours of operation or at the cashier’s cage 24/7.
All NY Casino & Sportsbook Reviews
- Akwesasne Mohawk Casino & Sportsbook
- Batavia Downs Gaming & Hotel
- del Lago Casino and Sportsbook
- Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway
- Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack
- Hamburg Gaming Buffalo Raceway
- Jake’s 58 Casino
- LakeSide Entertainment
- Monticello Gaming and Raceway
- Point Place Casino and Sports Book
- Resorts World Casino in New York
- Resorts World Catskills Casino & Sportsbook
- Rivers Casino & Sportsbook Schenectady
- Saratoga Casino & Horse Racing
- Seneca Allegany Resort and Casino
- Seneca Gaming & Entertainment in Salamanca
- Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino – Amenities & Attractions
- The Yellow Brick Road Casino
- Turning Stone Casino Resort – Premier Destination Resort
- Vernon Downs Casino Hotel & Race Track
Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino amenities
Hotels near Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino
Although Seneca Buffalo Creek doesn’t have a hotel on the premises, it has teamed up with multiple hotels and inns in the vicinity to bring special offers to its guests. You can choose from this list of the available lodgings in a range of prices:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown
- Adam’s Mark Hotel
- Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo
- Hotel at the Lafayette
- Lofts on Pearl
- Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Downtown
- Hyatt Regency Buffalo
- Courtyard Marriott
In addition to the rooms and suites, some hotels also have pools and fitness rooms, as well as mobility and hearing accessible features on the premises, and Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino offers complimentary shuttle service.
When you find yourself needing a little pick-me-up in between your gambling sessions, you can visit one of the five bars and restaurants on the Seneca Buffalo Creek property, with options from quick bites to fine dining.
- The Creek Stop — Stop by for soups, sandwiches, chicken wings and pizza, along with Paula’s donuts and Starbucks coffee. Open 24/7.
- Stixx Sports Bar — Located on the casino floor, right in the center of the action, Stixx Sports Bar lets you enjoy craft cocktails and other drinks and watch your game on flat-screen TVs.
- B-LO bar — Enjoy specialty cocktails, monthly wine features and draft beers.
- Phillips WD Bar and Grille — A fine-dining option with seafood, raw food, steaks and decadent desserts. Sunday brunch buffets available weekly.
- The Creek — A perfect place to indulge in your favorite comfort food — be it pizza, burgers, chicken wings or mac and cheese. Breakfast available all day.
Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino history
Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino first opened in 2007 as a temporary casino featuring only slot machines. On Aug. 27, 2013, the casino finally opened as a permanent Las Vegas-style casino, complete with table games.
The original plan was for $333 million and included a hotel and a 90,000-square-foot casino floor housing 2,000 slot machines and 45 table games. However, due to the recession between 2007 and 2009, the project was downsized considerably.
Thus, when it opened in 2013, the property had no hotel and featured a 67,000-square-foot casino with around 800 slot machines and 16 table games, at a total investment of $130 million. A subsequent $40 million expansion in 2015 added 28,000 square feet, around 300 slot machines, more table games, the WD Bar and Grille and a nonsmoking area.