Resorts World Catskills Casino & Sportsbook
Resorts World Catskills is a luxury entertainment and hospitality resort that opened its doors on Feb. 8, 2018. It is located in a picturesque location in the Catskill Mountains in Monticello, just two hours from New York City. The resort is owned and operated by Empire Resorts, a subsidiary of the Genting Group, an international investment holding and management conglomerate.
The 100,000-square-foot casino floor features 1,600 slot machines and 150 live table games, making the complex the largest full-scale casino in upstate New York. There is also a high-limit area for the top Players Club members, with a VIP lounge and private gambling areas.
The $1.2 billion, 1,600,000-square-foot integrated resort also includes an 18-story, 332-suite hotel, two fitness centers, a spa, 12 bars and restaurants, and the Kartrite Resort and Indoor Waterpark. The complex houses a 6,000-square-foot sportsbook with a bar and 32 jumbo flat screens, so you won’t miss a thing during the games.
All of this makes Resorts World Catskills in Monticello, NY, an ideal weekend getaway. The facility is open every day from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., and you must be at least 21 years old to gamble.
Resorts World Catskills
- Address: 888 Resorts World Drive, Monticello, NY
- Owner: Empire Resorts Inc.
- Operator: Empire Resorts Inc.
- Hours: Daily, from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Casino games: 1,600 slot machines and 150 live table games
- Sportsbook: Yes
- Poker room: Yes
New York Casinos in the News
The casino at Resorts World Catskills
Nestled in the Catskill Mountains, less than 100 miles from New York, Resorts World Catskills features entertainment, gambling and accommodations. Thanks to its capacity, the resort is one of New Yorkers’ favorite getaways. It also welcomes many guests from neighboring states.
Its size makes Resorts World Catskills Casino one of the largest gambling venues in the state of New York. Its 100,000-square-foot casino space with 1,600 slots, 150 live dealer tables, a poker room and a VIP lounge aims to please all players.
Resorts World offers a variety of promotions and bonuses such as points multipliers and bonus cash. You also can join the exclusive Players Club for additional benefits and rewards.
The Resorts World Catskills casino is home to over 1,600 state-of-the-art slot machines. The various classic slots and specialty games come in multiple denominations, which means that both high rollers and recreational players can have a go at most games. Here are some of the most notable slots you’ll be able to try:
- Wheel of Fortune
- Aristocrat Lightning Link
- Dragon Link
- Buffalo Diamond Slot
- Monopoly Millionaire
- Stack of Gold
- Wonder Woman
In addition, there are many progressive jackpots that offer you the opportunity to win tens of thousands of dollars.
Resorts World Catskills offers over 150 live dealer tables, ensuring a Vegas-like experience. Also, guests who prefer the electronic variants can play electronic roulette and video poker. Here is a complete list of casino games available in the live dealer lobby:
- Big Six
- Pai Gow Tiles
- Crazy 4 Poker
- Ultimate Texas Hold’em
- Mississippi Stud
- Casino War
- Caribbean Poker
- Three Card Poker
- Let It Ride Poker
- Sic Bo
- Pai Gow Poker
The casino features a poker room with comfortable seating, charging ports for your mobile devices, 27 flat-screen TVs, and 20 live dealer tables. Poker bets begin as low as $1 for no-limit poker and $3 for limit poker. Friendly dealers are always there to help you if you’re new to the game, or you can consult the free poker guide on the Resorts World Catskills website.
Players Club loyalty program
The Players Club is a loyalty program that offers its members a host of benefits and rewards. Becoming a member of this tiered loyalty system is free of charge, but you need to collect points to advance up the ladder.
You can do this by playing any of your favorite table games or slot machines. The more points you collect, the higher your loyalty level will be, making you eligible for more lucrative rewards. These include shopping discounts, gift cards, hotel and spa services, complimentary valet parking, VIP garage parking and special offers with Resorts World Catskills partners.
Sportsbook 360 at Resorts World Catskills
In addition to its casino, Resort World Catskills also features Sportsbook 360, named after its circular shape, with a bar in the center. Here, you can order drinks and snacks as you watch your games on one of 32 HDTVs.
There are 21 betting kiosks where you can place bets, so queues will be a rarity. You can wager on many sports, including baseball, basketball, boxing, football, golf, hockey, motor racing and tennis.
If you’re new to sports betting and want to try your hand at it, Resorts World Catskills has a comprehensive guide that explains how different kinds of bets work on different sports. You can download it for free from the casino’s website to help you get ready for action.
As is the case with any good-standing sportsbook, Sportsbook 360 offers live betting. There is also the sportsbook section of the official website, where you can preview betting odds before deciding to place your wagers. The hours for the betting counter are as follows: Wednesday to Monday, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.; Tuesday, 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Resorts World Catskills amenities
Hotels at Resorts World Catskills
Resorts World Catskills complex features two hotels: the Resorts World Catskills Hotel and The Alder Hotel.
The Resorts World Catskills Hotel is a five-star, all-suite, luxury accommodation option featuring 332 suites with room sizes ranging from 600 to 2,000 square feet, with mobility and hearing accessible options.
All suites come equipped with contemporary amenities, such as sit-down vanities, dressing areas, double sinks, coffee makers, minibars, safes, flat-screen TVs, irons and ironing boards, high-speed Wi-Fi internet and iHome clocks with wireless charging stations. On top of that, the hotel offers views of the Catskills.
The Alder Hotel offers the newest accommodations at the Resorts World Catskills resort, featuring 101 rooms, restaurants, the RW Merch store and a lobby with pingpong and pool tables. The Alder guests have full access to other Resorts World amenities, including the hotel pool, Crystal Life Spa with salons and retail, a business center and two fitness centers.
The Alder Hotel features New York’s first Topgolf Swing Suite, a golf simulator with food and bar service. Guests of all ages and skill levels can try their hand at virtual golf and other games. There is also a free garage and a parking lot with more than 2,800 parking spots in total.
The nine dining options at Resorts World Catskills offer fine dining to grilled food and bar snacks. Here are your current choices:
- Cellaio — A steakhouse with an Italian twist.
- 24/7 Bistro — The place to go whether you’re craving comfort breakfast food, meat specialties or anything in between.
- Good Friends — An Asian fast-food restaurant where you can watch the chefs prepare the food in an open kitchen.
- Dos Gatos Cantina — A Mexican-style cantina and bar with a modern twist.
- Lotus — An authentic Chinese fine dining experience, with dishes like coconut curry crab and Beijing roast duck.
- RW Food Hall — A casual and fast dining option with budget-friendly prices and options ranging from salads to grilled food.
- Doubletop Bar and Grill — An entertainment and sports bar where you can eat gastropub dishes, drink craft beer and enjoy live band shows.
- Empire Lounge — A lounge adjoining the hotel lobby where you can kick back and relax while sipping cocktails.
- Sportsbook 360 — A bar within the Resorts World Catskills Sportsbook with various snacks and drinks.
All NY Casino & Sportsbook Reviews
- Akwesasne Mohawk Casino & Sportsbook
- Batavia Downs Gaming & Hotel
- del Lago Casino and Sportsbook
- Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway
- Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack
- Hamburg Gaming Buffalo Raceway
- Jake’s 58 Casino
- LakeSide Entertainment
- Monticello Gaming and Raceway
- Point Place Casino and Sports Book
- Resorts World Casino in New York
- Rivers Casino & Sportsbook Schenectady
- Saratoga Casino & Horse Racing
- Seneca Allegany Resort and Casino
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino – Sportsbook & Games
- Seneca Gaming & Entertainment in Salamanca
- Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino – Amenities & Attractions
- The Yellow Brick Road Casino
- Turning Stone Casino Resort – Premier Destination Resort
- Vernon Downs Casino Hotel & Race Track
Resorts World Catskills history
Resorts World Catskills opened on Feb. 8, 2018, on a site that previously housed the Concord Hotel. The complex is owned by Empire Resorts, a subsidiary of the Malaysian conglomerate the Genting Group.
It was initially going to be named the Montreign Casino Resort, but the ownership switched to Resorts World before opening, adding it to other resorts of the same brand owned by the Genting Group.
A few months after it opened its doors, the first expansion project began, adding restaurants, stores and around a hundred hotel rooms. The project was finished by December 2018, when it opened as The Alder Hotel. The following year saw the addition of The Kartrite Resort and Indoor Waterpark, with a new golf course expected in 2021.