Point Place Casino and Sports Book
Point Place is a casino and sportsbook located in Bridgeport, New York. It was named after the many lake points that surround its upstate location. The complex is owned by the Oneida Indian Nation, which powers other well-known casinos: Turning Stone Casino Resort and Yellow Brick Road Casino.
Launched in the spring of 2018, it is one of the newest additions to the area’s gambling scene. Soon after the grand opening, it became a popular destination, with revenues exceeding all expectations. As a consequence, the facilities underwent their first expansion just a year and a half later, adding 100 slot machines and a dealer school.
Today, the $50 million, 65,000-square-foot Vegas-style gambling space boasts 500 slot machines and 20 classic table games, restaurants, a parking lot with more than 800 spaces, and a lounge with a Caesars Sportsbook. The smoke-free environment allows casino guests to gamble deep into the night without the stuffy atmosphere. There also are heated open-air spaces designated for smokers.
The casino space features a bar with a weekend entertainment program, enabling visitors to enjoy music from some of the top upstate New York rock and soul artists. Patrons can become members of the TS Rewards loyalty club, which lets them enjoy exclusive benefits and opportunities. The casino doors are open 24/7 for all visitors 18 or older.
Although there is no hotel on the premises, a variety of accommodation options are nearby.
Point Place Casino
- Address: 450 452 State Route 31, Bridgeport, NY
- Owner: Oneida Indian Nation
- Operator: Oneida Indian Nation
- Hours: Open 24/7
- Casino games: 500 slot machines, 20 table games, electronic roulette, Big Six
- Sportsbook: Yes
- Poker: Yes
New York Casinos in the News
MGM Ready To Chip In Billions To Upgrade Empire City Should It Receive Full-Scale Casino License
Vegas In New York: Las Vegas Sands ‘Continue To Be In The Hunt’ To Build Casino In NY
The casino at Point Place Casino
Point Place Casino is located in Bridgeport, upstate New York, in a picturesque spot near Oneida Lake. Its convenient location allows for fast and easy access, both from New York and the surrounding states, as well as neighboring Ontario, Canada.
The 2019 expansion project resulted in a 65,000-square-foot casino floor housing 500 slot machines and 20 table games. Gamblers can enjoy a smoke-free atmosphere, as smoking is forbidden on the premises.
Although the casino size is quite modest compared to the Oneida Indian Nation flagship Turning Stone Casino Resort, its beautifully designed and modern space with an intuitive layout ensures a comfortable gambling environment.
To make all its patrons feel welcome and taken care of, Point Place offers a hefty loyalty program for all regular players, along with a range of ongoing promotions. Here is a list of some of the most exciting promotions at Point Place Casino at the moment:
- My Generation Tuesdays — All TS Rewards members 55 and older who earn 55 or more points playing slot games on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. will win rewards. Prizes include $500 to use on slot machines and up to 2,500 loyalty club points.
- Wild Wednesday — All players who earn 50 points playing slots on Wednesdays get to play a U-spin bonus game for a chance to earn loyalty club points or free play for slots.
- 3x Thursday — Playing slot machines at Point Place Casino on Thursdays lets you win loyalty club points three times faster.
Slot machines make up the bulk of Point Place Casino’s available games. As already mentioned, the establishment accommodates around 500 machines, including classic and specialty slot games. Most machines enable multiple denominations, meaning that the games are suitable for both recreational players and high rollers.
In addition to the penny slots and machines designed for high rollers, the casino offers many jackpot games that give you a chance to win hundreds of thousands of dollars. The official Point Place Casino Facebook page regularly posts pictures of winners and winning amounts.
On top of that, the games’ state-of-the-art graphics and frequent bonus rounds make the casino experience that much more enjoyable. Besides, the slot machines come equipped with a drink-ordering system and charging ports for your mobile devices. Some of the most notable slots you can find at Point Place Casino in Bridgeport, NY, include:
- Cleopatra Gold
- 88 Fortunes
- Money Link
- Pharaoh’s Fortune
- Stinkin’ Rich
- Triple Double Diamond
- Walking Dead
Slot machine lovers are often treated to special promotions and bonuses. However, note that you have to be a member of the Point Place Casino TS Rewards loyalty club to become eligible for any rewards.
Thanks to a class III casino license, Point Place Casino is allowed to host live dealer games on its premises. It currently offers 20 table games, along with electronic varieties and video poker. Here is a list of table games you can play at Point Place Casino:
- Three card poker
- Four card poker
- Let It Ride
- Electronic roulette
- Electronic Big Six
- Spanish 21
- Mississippi stud poker
Although the casino doors are open 24/7, players can join table games every day from 10 a.m. to 12 a.m., with hours extended to 3 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
Point Place Casino offers the TS Rewards loyalty program to its regular patrons. Becoming a member of the loyalty club is easy and free of charge. All you need to do is visit the TS Rewards desk on the casino grounds and apply for your card.
TS Rewards is a tiered loyalty system consisting of five levels. Members move up the ladder by collecting loyalty points through gameplay and casino-wide purchases. Since Point Place belongs to a group of casinos operated by the Oneida Indian Nation, you can gain points through gameplay in other casinos owned by the tribe and purchases at partnering convenience stores. Here is the loyalty program structure:
- Topaz — 0-999 tier points
- Ruby — 1,000-5,999 tier points
- Onyx — 6,000-12,499 tier points
- Sapphire — 12,500 – 39,999 tier points
- Prestige — 40,000+ tier points
The higher the loyalty level you reach, the bigger and more lucrative the rewards. The program offers a plethora of prizes, including coupon offers, free promotion entries, participation in member-only events and the opportunity to exchange loyalty points for casino services and purchases.
Caesars Sportsbook at Point Place Casino
In addition to the high-quality casino, the Point Place facilities have also featured a sportsbook lounge since September 2019, operated by Caesars.
Here, you can bet on most sports: baseball, football, basketball, soccer, horse racing and many other popular and not-so-popular sports. For bettors who enjoy an added thrill, there is also a live betting option. If, on the other hand, you are not sure how sports betting works but are eager to try, you can find a comprehensive guide on the official Point Place website.
The sophisticated sportsbook lounge is equipped with a 24-foot high-resolution video wall and 30 LED screens, so you don’t have to miss any of your game. Comfortable seating allows you to kick back and relax while sipping craft cocktails or your favorite beer and snacking from the menu.
If you prefer a more private setting, you can book a special VIP section of the lounge and enjoy watching the game on your own dedicated screen. However, take into account the working hours of the lounge:
- Monday to Thursday: 12 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Friday: 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
As a bonus, TS Rewards has teamed up with Caesars Entertainment and Caesars Rewards so you can win and redeem points for your sports wagers, as well.
All NY Casino & Sportsbook Reviews
- Akwesasne Mohawk Casino & Sportsbook
- Batavia Downs Gaming & Hotel
- del Lago Casino and Sportsbook
- Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway
- Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack
- Hamburg Gaming Buffalo Raceway
- Jake’s 58 Casino
- LakeSide Entertainment
- Monticello Gaming and Raceway
- Resorts World Casino New York
- Resorts World Catskills Casino & Sportsbook
- Rivers Casino & Sportsbook Schenectady
- Saratoga Casino & Horse Racing
- Seneca Allegany Resort and Casino
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino – Sportsbook & Games
- Seneca Gaming & Entertainment in Salamanca
- Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino – Amenities & Attractions
- The Yellow Brick Road Casino
- Turning Stone Casino Resort – Premier Destination Resort
- Vernon Downs Casino Hotel & Race Track
Point Place Casino amenities
Hotels near Point Place Casino
While Point Place Casino doesn’t have a hotel on the premises, guests can still find accommodation in nearby Syracuse. For example, there are at least two affordable options less than 15 minutes away from the complex.
Comfort Suites Cicero is an all-suite hotel just 8.6 miles away from Point Place Casino, offering many terrific amenities such as free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, separate sitting areas and necessary appliances. There also is complimentary parking, hot breakfast and other amenities you can use for a small surcharge.
Another accommodation option less than nine miles from from the casino is the Embassy Suites by Hilton, a modern suites complex with affordable pricing. It offers complimentary breakfast, parking and evening reception, as well as room service, an indoor pool and a fitness center.
Considering that Oneida Indian Nation is renowned for its signature restaurants, it is not surprising that you can find some high-quality dining at Point Place Casino. The complex contains two lounges, two restaurants, a bar and a confectionery:
- The Burgers of Madison County — Although the restaurant does center its menu on high-quality burgers, it also includes other hearty dishes such as soups, salads and fries.
- Wicked Good Pizza — If you are a pizza lover, the Wicked Good hand-tossed pizza in many variations is for you. You can also opt for Italian sandwiches, chicken wings and salads.
- The Lounge with Caesars Sports — Enjoy pretzels, wings, sandwiches, burgers and more while betting on sports and watching your favorite games.
- Fireside Lounge — Enjoy a drink at the fireside before you go back to playing in the casino.
- Paddle Bar — Although currently closed, Paddle Bar is usually the main weekend entertainment center at Point Place, featuring live shows by New York’s best soul and rock musicians.
- Opals Confectionery — Indulge your most decadent cravings with a variety of chocolate goodness.
Point Place Casino history
Point Place Casino is the latest addition to the group of casinos owned by the Oneida Indian Nation. The plans for its construction began in May 2017, with a projected launch in spring 2018. However, the project was finished ahead of time, and the casino opened its doors on March 1, 2018.
After a highly successful first year of operation, the casino expanded to include a sportsbook in August 2019. Following some additional renovations, the facility today counts around 500 slot machines, 20 table games, an 800-vehicle parking lot, restaurants and lounges.