Hamburg Gaming Buffalo Raceway
Hamburg Gaming Buffalo Raceway is a casino and racetrack facility near Buffalo, at the Erie County Fairgrounds in Hamburg, New York. It is quickly becoming one of the most visited casinos in the area, with close to $54 million in casino credits wagered in January 2021 alone.
Hamburg Gaming is owned by the Buffalo Trotting Association and operated by Delaware North. The 55,000-square-foot casino floor is home to over 900 gambling machines of various denominations, ranging from penny to dollar.
Apart from the casino games, patrons can bet on harness races at the Buffalo Raceway, with live and simulcast betting available. What’s more, Hamburg Gaming has a long-standing partnership with the New York Lottery. At the facility, players can buy lottery tickets and redeem prizes.
The venue is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily and boasts a variety of dining options, thanks to several restaurants and cafes on the premises.
- Address: 5820 South Park Ave., Hamburg, NY
- Owner: Buffalo Trotting Association Inc.
- Operator: Delaware North
- Hours: Daily, 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Casino games: 900+ slots, video lottery terminals and video poker machines
- Sportsbook: Live and off-track pari-mutuel horse betting at Buffalo Raceway
- Poker room: No
New York Casinos in the News
Hamburg Gaming online gambling partnerships
Even though Hamburg Gaming is primarily a racino, it still offers an app. The app was built in cooperation with Bally Technologies and allows players to try free online casino games such as slots, blackjack, video poker, trivia and bingo no matter where they are in New York state. There is even a free-play bonus for newly registered users.
If New York legalizes real money online gambling, Hamburg Gaming would likely be interested in tapping into the new source of gaming revenue. The biggest online casino operators forming partnerships with land-based casinos or operating in New York are expected to include the following:
- DraftKings Casino New York
- FanDuel Casino New York
- BetRivers Casino New York
- Caesars Casino New York
- BetMGM Casino New York
The casino at Hamburg Gaming
Hamburg Gaming at the Erie County Fairgrounds spans 55,000 square feet of space just on its main casino floor. There, you can find over 900 slots, video lottery terminals and video poker machines from leading casino software providers like Bally, SG and Everi.
In 2019, the casino expanded to add more room for gambling machines and visitors who wish to smoke, adding the Lucky Lights Smoking Veranda. This open-air ventilated space features 76 gambling terminals, which are available even on cold winter nights thanks to the floor heating system.
In September 2020, the casino paid out over $33 million in jackpot prizes, and players win thousands of new jackpots every month. What’s more, the casino offers a loyalty program, the Lucky North Club, for regular patrons. You will also find a series of regular promotions. Here are some of the daily deals you can expect to find at Hamburg Gaming at the moment:
- 50 Plus Wednesdays — All Lucky North Club members who are 50 and older receive a $15 free play bonus and additional $5 when they earn 25 Base Points on Wednesdays.
- Nifty Fifty Free Play — For each Base Point you earn on Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., you will get one entry for the big draw, where two lucky winners can get $50 each in free play.
- Free Play Fridays — Loyalty program members have a chance to win up to $25 as a free play bonus on Fridays.
Hamburg Gaming’s casino offer is entirely based on slots, VLTs and video poker, and with 940 of them on the casino floor, you won’t lack for choices. The majority of games are available in multiple denominations, but there are also penny machines and those specially designed for high rollers with spins costing $1.
Top software designers such as SG, Bally, IGT and Everi are in charge of supplying the casino with machines, and new releases are common.
Among the player favorites, you can find progressive jackpot games such as Quick Hit Triple Blazing 7s Wild Jackpot and Gold Bar 7s Progressive that give patrons a chance to win large payouts with bets as small as $0.01. While the full roster of games is too big to list here, the following is a snapshot of what’s available:
- Michael Jackson
- Wheel of Fortune Extreme
- Wheel of Fortune
- Lock It Link Diamonds
- 88 Fortunes Gold
- Cirque Du Soleil Kooza
- Triple Lucky Magic 7s
- Playboy Platinum Quick Hits
- Quick Hit Platinum Black & White
- Stinkin’ Rich
- Fortune Ingot
There aren’t any live casino table games at Hamburg Gaming in Hamburg, NY, at the moment.
Lucky North Club loyalty program
Lucky North Club membership is free of charge, and it’s easy to join. You just need a photo ID to complete the registration at the casino, and you will instantly receive the corresponding Lucky North card.
The loyalty program has five tiers, each with its own set of benefits. In general, the more you play, the faster you can accumulate the bonus points necessary to move up to the next level.
- Ruby — free of charge
- Emerald — 200 to 749 points
- Sapphire —750 to 7,499 points
- Diamond — 7,500 to 19,999 points
- Black Diamond — 20,000+
To receive one bonus point, you need to wager $10 on slots and/or video poker machines. The points unlock higher levels of the program, with perks such as member-only bonuses, invitations to special events, complimentary valet parking, discounts on food and free check cashing. You can also exchange points for free play, with 100 points equal to $1. Just insert your loyalty card into the machine when you play.
Buffalo Raceway harness racing
Buffalo Raceway is a half-mile racetrack with a grandstand. It offers live pari-mutuel wagering on harness racing from January to July. You can expect between two and three live races every week, so you’ll have more than enough opportunities for win, place and show bets. If you’re interested in more exotic types of bets, there are also exactas, trifectas, daily doubles, superfectas and others. The minimum wager for win, place and show is $2, while the minimum for those exotic bets can be as low as $0.10 per selection. Buffalo Raceway also offers simulcast wagering from racetracks across the country.
All NY Casino & Sportsbook Reviews
- Akwesasne Mohawk Casino & Sportsbook
- Batavia Downs Gaming & Hotel
- del Lago Casino and Sportsbook
- Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway
- Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack
- Jake’s 58 Casino
- LakeSide Entertainment
- Monticello Gaming and Raceway
- Point Place Casino and Sports Book
- Resorts World Casino in New York
- Resorts World Catskills Casino & Sportsbook
- Rivers Casino & Sportsbook Schenectady
- Saratoga Casino & Horse Racing
- Seneca Allegany Resort and Casino
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino – Sportsbook & Games
- Seneca Gaming & Entertainment in Salamanca
- Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino – Amenities & Attractions
- The Yellow Brick Road Casino
- Turning Stone Casino Resort – Premier Destination Resort
- Vernon Downs Casino Hotel & Race Track
Hamburg Gaming amenities
Hotels near Hamburg Gaming Buffalo Raceway
Although Hamburg Gaming Casino does not have a hotel on the premises, you can still find a place to stay in the vicinity. For instance, two of Hamburg’s leading hotels, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hamburg and Hampton Inn Buffalo-Hamburg, are less than 10 minutes away.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hamburg is situated just off Interstate 90. Amenities include complimentary breakfast, Wi-Fi, free coffee and tea and a heated indoor pool. The hotel is wheelchair-accessible. Hampton Inn Buffalo-Hamburg offers guests free hot breakfast on a daily basis, as well as free Wi-Fi, an indoor swimming pool, fitness center and fully equipped business center.
Hamburg Gaming features a meeting space for groups of up to 70. The casino can arrange the place in any way you like, depending on the kind of event you are hosting: team-building activities, corporate meetings, wedding celebrations, retirement parties, etc. The Midway Buffet will be in charge of providing the catering, and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be available at the private bar.
Here are the restaurants and cafes that players can visit while at Hamburg Gaming Buffalo Raceway:
- Blue Ribbon Grill — Blue Ribbon Grill offers a diverse menu that includes burgers, hot beef sandwiches, Italian subs and grab-and-go options for lunch and dinner. The restaurant is open every day from noon to 9 p.m.
- Midway Buffet — All-you-can-eat options include American and international dishes, along with salads and desserts.
- Winner’s Circle Cafe — Winner’s Circle has 75 tables overlooking the racetrack and offers pizzas, meatballs, beef and grilled chicken dishes at affordable prices, along with Friday and Saturday specials.
- Cyclone Bar — A relaxing atmosphere featuring drinks and TVs showing live sports.
- Tom Horton’s — Cafe and bake shop with coffee and baked goods like donuts, cookies and muffins.
Hamburg Gaming history
Hamburg Gaming is a part of the Buffalo Raceway harness racing facility, which has been around since 1942. The racetrack has changed ownership several times throughout its history. In 1960, it was sold to Sportservice Corp. Soon after, a dust-surfaced racing strip was built, which allowed the first winter races to take place in 1971.
Simulcast wagering debuted in the 1980s, and a decade later, the Erie County Agricultural Society bought the property. In 2004, the first slots were installed, and the property became known as Fairgrounds Gaming.
Following a $250,000 renovation in 2010, Fairgrounds Gaming relocated to a new building. It was then rebranded into Hamburg Gaming under the ownership of the Buffalo Trotting Association and Delaware North as the operational partner.