A New York native, Eric Ramsey serves as a data analyst for PlayNY. He has worked with the site and the entire network of Play-branded sites since 2017.
Eric began as a reporter for Legal Sports Report before becoming the managing editor for Online Poker Report. His background is rooted in the poker world, as he formerly wrote for PokerNews and the World Poker Tour.
Prior to assuming the data analyst role, Eric regularly reported on the legislative process of states to legalize sports betting. By tracking hundreds of bills across the country, by listening to hours of legislative testimony, Eric has evolved into one of the leading analysts for legal sports betting and gambling in the US.
His work has been cited in a number of industry, local and national publications and referenced by scholars and policymakers.
Writing on New York online gambling
- NY Court Of Appeals Set To Decide On The Legality Of DFS
- Why Andrew Cuomo’s Sports Betting Projections Don’t Add Up
- New York Casino Revenue Inching Upward, But Sports Betting Still Stalled
Posts by Eric Ramsey:
- NY Wouldn’t Bail Out Del Lago Casino, But Will They Bail Out The Mall?, 30 Jul 2018
- DraftKings And Del Lago Team Up In Anticipation Of NY Sports Betting, 20 Jul 2018
- Meadowlands Racetrack Puts Sports Betting On New York’s Doorstep, 17 Jul 2018
- Del Lago Once Again Begging For A Bailout, 02 Jul 2018
- Take The ‘Over’ On 2018 For Legal New York Sports Betting, 22 Jun 2018
- Betfair To Power Tioga Downs Sports Betting, Should It Ever Happen In NY, 15 Jun 2018
- Even Joe Torre And Joe Girardi Are Weighing In On NY Sports Betting, 06 Jun 2018
- Found in Yonkers: MGM Buys Empire City Casino To Enter NY Market, 30 May 2018
- Psst, NY Lawmakers, The Clock Is Ticking On This Sports Betting Thing, 28 May 2018
- New York Now Has Legal Sports Betting! Well, Sorta…, 17 May 2018