A New York native, Eric Ramsey serves as a data analyst for PlayNY. He has worked with the site and the entire network of Play-branded sites since 2017.
Eric began as a reporter for Legal Sports Report before becoming the managing editor for Online Poker Report. His background is rooted in the poker world, as he formerly wrote for PokerNews and the World Poker Tour.
Prior to assuming the data analyst role, Eric regularly reported on the legislative process of states to legalize sports betting. By tracking hundreds of bills across the country, by listening to hours of legislative testimony, Eric has evolved into one of the leading analysts for legal sports betting and gambling in the US.
His work has been cited in a number of industry, local and national publications and referenced by scholars and policymakers.
Writing on New York online gambling
- NY Court Of Appeals Set To Decide On The Legality Of DFS
- Why Andrew Cuomo’s Sports Betting Projections Don’t Add Up
- New York Casino Revenue Inching Upward, But Sports Betting Still Stalled
Posts by Eric Ramsey:
- Six Months In, New York Is Rewriting The Rules Of Sports Betting Revenue, 11 Jul 2022
- Are Regulators Dropping The Ball On NY College Betting Restrictions?, 29 Jan 2022
- NY Court Of Appeals Set To Decide On The Legality Of DFS, 03 Aug 2021
- Why Andrew Cuomo’s Sports Betting Projections Don’t Add Up, 07 Apr 2021
- New York Casino Revenue Inching Upward, But Sports Betting Still Stalled, 22 Sep 2018
- Will New NFL Rules Allowing Casino Partnerships Have Jets Fans Saying B-E-T-S?, 11 Sep 2018
- Sen. Chuck Schumer Submits Federal Sports Betting Framework To Congress, 31 Aug 2018
- Resorts World Catskills Spirals Toward Trouble With Massive Revenue Shortfall, 24 Aug 2018
- NY Sports Betting Is Hot Topic Of Debate At Saratoga Conference, 13 Aug 2018
- MGM And NBA Team Up For Sports Betting Data, Marketing, And…Lobbying?, 07 Aug 2018