Sports betting in New York is shaping up to be a competitive landscape with multiple books looking to make their mark, including an up-and-comer: Resorts WorldBET. Check back here for the Resorts World sportsbook bonus code needed to unlock the welcome offer.
Best online sportsbooks in New York 2023
Much like its competitors in the Empire State, Resorts WorldBET offers a solid intro offer along with weekly bonus bets, parlay boosters and other promos for existing customers. Plus, there’s a nice mix of popular and niche sports for those that want to pursue other betting avenues.
The review below will cover what bettors can expect once the Resorts World sportsbook kicks off in New York.
Resorts World New York Sportsbook promo code 2023
Resorts World is likely to have a strong welcome offer for new customers. If it’s required, we’ll provide the Resorts World sportsbook bonus code when the book launches.
Details on the Resorts World Bet welcome bonus are not available yet, but here’s how a typical sportsbook welcome bonus works:
|NY Resorts World Sportsbook Bonus code||Coming Soon|
|Sign-up bonus||Protected first bet up to $500|
|Last updated||June 2023|
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see Resorts World Sportsbook for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
Resorts World Sportsbook NY welcome bonus — the fine print
After signing up for an account and entering a Resorts World NY bonus code if necessary, you’ll then need to place a bet if the online sportsbook is offering a protected first bet.
- If the first bet you place loses, this is when the welcome bonus would kick in. Resorts World would issue a refund in bonus funds equal to the amount you bet (up to the maximum).
- You won’t be able to immediately withdraw the bonus funds. However, after you wager them once, any winnings from such a bet will be yours to do with as you wish.
- Check the terms and conditions for any time limit that you’ll have to meet to clear the wagering requirement.
Overall, Resorts World has a solid welcome bonus for a New York sportsbook, despite the fairly low monetary cap. The requirements with regard to eligibility and placing bets are minimal. This makes it a more player-friendly deal than you might find at some other books.
Is Resorts World legal in New York?
On Nov. 8, 2021, New York announced the nine entities to receive online sports betting licenses in the state. The New York State Gaming Commission gave the go-ahead to two groups of books, which included heavy hitters like BetMGM, FanDuel and DraftKings Sportsbook. The initial wave of sportsbooks went live in January 2022.
Resorts World Bet is one of the sportsbooks that made the cut. The betting platform received the recommendation of the NYSGC, and the name already has a strong presence in the state. The owner, Genting Group, operates multiple properties in New York state and a retail sportsbook at Resorts World Catskills in Monticello.
In November 2018, Genting Group linked up with Bet365, which saw the UK gambling giant set up a betting lounge at Resorts World Catskills. A year later, the company teamed up with IGT and Betgenius to provide technology and services for the sportsbook. With such a strong pedigree, Resorts World is ideally positioned to offer online sports betting in the Empire State.
Where do I find Resort World sportsbook promotions?
In addition to the welcome bonus that we talked about earlier, Resorts World sports betting runs additional promotions year-round. You can access these via the dedicated tab on the website, and some deals may also appear in a banner ad across the top of the screen.
Based on what we’ve seen from similar online sportsbooks, Resorts World Bet could offer bonus bet deals, odds boosts and other year-round promotions when it goes live in the Empire State.
Getting started at Resorts World online sportsbook in New York
You can sign up at Resorts WorldBet via your computer or phone — the registration process is the same. Just make sure that you’re in New York when betting.
For starters, visit the sportsbook’s website. On the sportsbook homepage, click or tap on the registration button in the upper right corner. In the application form, you’ll have to provide some basic details:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Login credentials
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
As soon as you agree to the terms and conditions, your account will be ready. All in all, it should take only a few minutes to set everything up.
How do I download the Resorts World sports betting app?
Resorts WorldBet is available via its app for iOS and Android in addition to its website. Make sure to select the correct version for your device. To download it, head to the sportsbook site, scroll down and select the proper download option. Follow any additional prompts from there to complete the download, and once that’s done, you should have access via your phone or tablet.
Navigating the Resorts World app
Browsing through the app should be relatively smooth. All the buttons are responsive, and pages load within two to three seconds. IGT powers the app, so expect functionality across the board.
When you make your betting picks, the slip will discretely pop up on the right side of the screen. You can minimize or maximize it at any point. Before submitting a wager, make sure to verify that everything is in order, including the amount you want to bet.
The app has the same features as the website version of the sportsbook. There will be an account menu bar from which you can alter your info or access the cashier to make deposits and payouts. Bottom line — Resorts World’s app is beginner-friendly even if it may not be the flashiest option.
Why should I choose the Resorts World sportsbook app?
Resorts World online betting has an array of features, including the following:
- Promos: On top of the welcome bonus, Resorts World NY should have some regular promotions, as well. Options may include prize contests, huge parlay boosters and bonus bet deals.
- Loyalty program: Not all New York sportsbooks run loyalty programs, which is a point in favor of Resorts World. The program uses the Gentling Rewards standard point-based structure, offering bigger benefits depending on how much you bet.
- User experience: Resorts World has a clean and simple interface, with all the key functions displaying clearly.
- Betting options: Resorts World also boasts a diverse betting menu, from major sports to some niche options.
What won’t I like about the Resorts World Sportsbook NY app?
There are a couple of aspects where Resorts World could stand to improve if it wants to compete with the top dogs in a competitive New York betting scene:
- Player props: For the most part, Resorts World has a solid array of bets, though you may find some of the prop options to be lacking.
- Lack of features: Resorts World may have taken the “keep it simple” approach one step too far. Depending on what’s important to you in an online sportsbook, this one might not have everything you’re looking for.
What kind of bets can I make at Resorts World sportsbook in NY?
Resorts World offers a versatile betting lineup that includes the following standard options:
- Moneyline bets may be the easiest to wrap your head around because you only have to pick the winning side. If you take the New York Yankees at +200 and they win, you would receive $200 in profit if you bet $100. Negative odds indicate the favored side and show how much one has to bet to win $100.
- Point spreads refer to betting on the margin of victory. To win, your chosen team has to overcome the listed handicap. For example, if the New York Giants are a -3.5 favorite on the spread, they have to beat their opponents by four points or more for a spread bet on them to win. In games where they’re a +3.5 underdog, the Jints will cover the spread if they lose by fewer than four or win the game by any score.
- Over/under bets take into account the total score by both teams. Your goal is to predict whether it will be higher or lower than the number the sportsbook has listed. For an NFL game, for instance, the threshold may be at 50.5.
- Prop bets are the blanket term for a variety of side bets. You can choose between player, team and game props that cover various statistical aspects, ranging from the number of TDs that a specific player might score to how many rushing yards the Giants will have in a particular game.
- Futures bets are tricky to get right but can yield large profits if you do. They cover season-long outcomes, and you can often wager on them months in advance. Common options include championship winners and individual player accolades like the MVP.
- Parlays are wagers that combine multiple single bets. To win, you have to get all your picks right. If you do so, you’re in for a potentially big payday.
- Teasers are less profitable but easier to hit than parlays. The sportsbook will allow you to adjust the lines for your picks in exchange for a reduced payout.
- Live bets are bets that you make while the game is underway. Depending on momentum swings, the odds and lines can be highly volatile.
Can I bet on the New York Knicks at Resorts World NY sportsbook?
Absolutely, and we’ll do you one better — you can also put a few bucks down on other NY teams, including the Yankees, the Giants and the New York Rangers. The sportsbook will also provide odds on MLS, and by extension, New York City FC and the New York Red Bulls.
Resorts World Bet also has betting options for tennis and golf as well as UFC fights and boxing. The sportsbook provides some distinct betting options for each of these sports. For NBA betting, you may find the following:
- Custom-made teasers: Resorts offers a range of alternate point spreads and total lines for all Knicks games that can be up to 10 points higher or lower than the standard numbers.
- Quarters and halves: These are wagers on how the Knicks will do in specific game periods. You can bet on the moneyline, the spread and the total, just as if you were betting on the whole game.
- NBA futures: You’ll be able to bet on the Knicks — or another team — to win the championship, win the Eastern Conference or make the playoffs. Also, you may find a range of player-based options like MVP, Defensive Player of the Year and leading scorer.
How do I get money on (and off) Resorts World online sportsbook quickly?
Resorts World offers a solid range of deposit and withdrawal methods. Here are the options to fund your account:
- Credit/debit card
- E-check (ACH)
- Online bank transfer
And you can make withdrawals via the following methods:
- Online bank transfer
How to contact Resorts World customer support
For non-pressing matters, you can send an email; you should get a reply within a few hours or so. If you need immediate help, you can try calling or having an online live chat with one of the support agents.
How do I exclude myself from Resorts World NY sportsbook app?
If the drive to keep betting becomes overwhelming, the best option may be to ban yourself from the sportsbook’s services. You can enter the self-exclusion program via Resorts World’s responsible gambling page. Another option would be to impose a limit on your gambling activities, putting a cap on how much you can deposit and spend, and the duration of your betting sessions.
Can I bet at Resorts World sportsbook in person?
The Resorts World Catskills property in Monticello has a sportsbook on the premises. Here’s the info:
- Address: 888 Resorts World Drive, Monticello, NY 12701
- Phone: 833-586-9358
- Website: https://rwcatskills.com
- Hours: Open 24 hours
How does Resorts World compare to other New York sportsbooks?
It may not be the biggest online sportsbook in New York, but it’s no scrub, either. The easy-to-clear welcome bonus may help its cause, but it still has a way to go to catch up with its more accomplished rivals like DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM, Caesars, and BetRivers.