FanDuel NY Promo Code for a $150 Welcome Bonus
Open an account with FanDuel Sportsbook NY, make a small qualifying wager, and get $150 in bonus bets. You can use those bonus bets however you want. A FanDuel Sportsbook promo code for NY is not needed to claim this bonus offer.
FanDuel is the leader in online sports betting in the US for good reason. Not only is the welcome bonus one of the best in the industry, but the promotions for existing users and overall betting markets are among the best as well. FanDuel offers great same-game parlay options for top leagues like the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, and more. Additionally, making deposits and withdrawals at FanDuel NY is quick and easy.
Keep reading to learn everything else you need to know about FanDuel Sportsbook in New York.
FanDuel Sportsbook sign-up bonus for NY: Up to $150
Sign up with FanDuel New York and you’ll instantly qualify for the $150 sign-up bonus. You do not need to worry about entering a FanDuel NY promo code.
FanDuel New York promo code 2024
|FanDuel promo code NY
|None – Click here to claim FanDuel NY promo
|Up to $150
|4.2 / 5
|Tioga Downs Casino Resort in Nichols
|March 2, 2024
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see FanDuel Sportsbook NY for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
How does the FanDuel Sportsbook bonus work?
Once you’ve created an account, FanDuel New York will refund your first settled bet if it loses, up to a total of $150. And the best news is that the refund won’t be a bonus bet like you’re used to at other New York sportsbooks.
Here’s how a FanDuel $100 bonus bet differs from a $100 bonus bet at most other operators. Instead of having to use that $100 bonus bet all at once, you can break it up however you see fit. Do be aware, though, that the site credit will expire 7 days after you receive it.
No other steps are required to activate this offer. Unlike many other sportsbooks, you don’t need a FanDuel promo code in New York. The offer will apply to your account as soon as you have made a first deposit of at least $10.
How to create a FanDuel Sportsbook account in New York
You can create your FanDuel Sportsbook account in New York by using either the book’s website or app.
- Start by opening the FanDuel app or going to the FanDuel site.
- Click the “join now” button.
- At this point, you’ll need to enter your personal information. FanDuel requires your full name, home and email address, phone number and the last four digits of your Social Security number. You also will need to create a username and password.
- You won’t need to enter a promo code to activate the welcome bonus.
- And that’s it. Creating your account should take just a couple of minutes.
If you’re looking for the FanDuel Sportsbook NY promo code when creating your account, you can stop now. No promo code is required to maximize your welcome offer, it’s automatically applied to your account.
FanDuel Sportsbook New York app
To get the FanDuel app downloaded and installed on your iOS or Android device, click one of our links to the site and then follow the prompts once you get there. It will ask you if you are sure you want to download and then install the app. Select yes both times, and you’ll be ready to go.
Using the FanDuel Sportsbook app
If you have used a sports betting app before, then getting the hang of FanDuel shouldn’t pose any problems. And even if you’re new to online sportsbooks, it will not be much of a challenge getting the hang of things.
Placing bets is the most important thing. All you’ll need to do is go to the sport you want to bet on and then select the bet you want to make. When you do so, the app will add the bet to your bet slip.
At this point, you either can select how much you want to wager and hit “place bet” or you can keep adding to your betting slip. When you add bets, you’ll then be able to choose to make a parlay, round robin or teaser, or simply just make multiple single bets.
Another important page on the FanDuel app is the promotions page. It’s important to see what the current promos are, but you also have to make sure to click to opt in to be eligible for each promo.
Best features of the FanDuel Sportsbook app
FanDuel didn’t become one of the top sportsbook apps in the country for no reason. Here’s a look a three of the biggest in our opinion:
- Quality promotions: Not only does FanDuel have a lot of promotions, but they are some of the highest quality that you’ll find at any online sportsbook. Both the welcome bonus and parlay insurance offers are great. And bonus bets at FanDuel make them even better because it gives you the freedom to decide how you want to use the rewards.
- Distinctive betting options: FanDuel Sportsbook was one of the first to offer single-game parlays, and the amount of selections you’re able to make for FanDuel’s SGPs is the best in the industry that we’ve seen.
- Great odds: Whether it’s moneylines, spreads and over/unders or SGPs and odds boosts, the overall odds at FanDuel are some of the best in the industry. It’s not unusual to see the regular odds at FanDuel be equal to odds boosts at other online sportsbooks. And while small differences here and there might not feel like a big deal, they add up quickly over time.
How could FanDuel improve?
FanDuel does a lot of things well, but there are still some ways that it falls short. Here are three areas where we think FanDuel could do better:
- Lack of a rewards program: It’s surprising with all the great promos at FanDuel that it doesn’t have any type of rewards or loyalty program. It doesn’t matter how much or how often you bet using the FanDuel app, you won’t receive any rewards for it.
- Requiring you to opt in to promos: The promotions are great at FanDuel, but requiring opt-ins to be eligible for them feels a little pointless. Yes, it’s not very hard to click the button, but it’s unfortunate that if you forget to do so, you end up missing out.
- No search bar: This is a pretty small nitpick, but it would be great if FanDuel added a search bar to its app. If you’re looking for NBA, NFL, NHL or MLB games, it’s not hard to find what you’re looking for. But when you’re searching for smaller college games, you can end up scrolling up and down for a while.
Types of bets available on FanDuel Sportsbook
Using the FanDuel NY betting app, you’ll find all types of sports bets are available. Here’s a look at the selection:
- Moneyline: These are bets where all you need to do is pick which team will win. Correct bets on favorites will pay less than correct bets on underdogs.
- Point spread: When betting against the spread, your wager must take into account an estimated margin of victory. The favored teams have points removed from their score, while the underdogs have points added to theirs.
- Totals: When it comes to totals, also known as over/unders, FanDuel provides you with a number for a statistical category and you pick whether the number in the game will be higher or lower. The most common total is for combined points scored by both teams.
- Props: Props are side bets that don’t specifically have to do with the outcome of the game. Common props have to do with individual player performances during games.
- Parlays: Parlays are bets where you combine two or more picks into one bet. The more selections you add, the higher your potential payout, but the harder they become to get right because you can’t miss a single pick.
- Single-game parlays: FanDuel is among a growing number of sportsbooks that offer SGPs. For these parlays, all your picks are for one game. For example, if the Kansas City Chiefs were playing the New Orleans Saints, you could create an SGP where you pick the Chiefs to win, the Saints to cover, a Chiefs receiver and a Saints running back to score touchdowns, and a Saints receiver to have over 79.5 yards receiving.
- Teasers: These bets allow you to move the line in your favor by a specific number for two or more spread bets.
- Round robins: You’re betting on three or more teams with the bets grouped so you can miss one and still win some of your bets.
- Futures: Futures bets have to do with more distant events than just the next game, like picking the eventual Stanley Cup or Super Bowl winner or who will be named league MVP.
- Live betting: Live betting is something specific to online sportsbooks where you can bet on games that have started already. Live odds will change based on the score, the time remaining, who has the ball and other situations in the game.
Sports you can bet on at FanDuel New York
FanDuel has all the major sports you’d expect at a top online sportsbook and a lot of the minor ones, as well, if that’s what you’re in the market for.
Of course, you can bet on the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, college football, and college basketball. There’s also all the soccer action, from MLS in the US to the Champions League, English Premier League, Spain’s La Liga, and Germany’s Bundesliga across the pond.
And don’t forget about other sports like the UFC, PGA Tour, NASCAR, boxing, WNBA, and tennis. And if you are into smaller sports, FanDuel has options like table tennis and rugby — just to name a couple.
NY sports teams you can bet on
We don’t have to tell you that New York is arguably the best sports market in the country, with top pro teams in abundance.
- MLB: In baseball, you have the New York Yankees, the most iconic of all sports franchises and owners of an astounding 27 World Series championships, and the New York Mets, who were bought by Steve Cohen for $2.4 billion.
- NFL: Here you’ve got the Buffalo Bills, New York Giants and New York Jets to pick from. The Giants and Jets of course both play their home games in New Jersey.
- NBA: The New York Knicks and Brooklyn Nets both play in the NBA’s Eastern Conference and have extremely loyal fan bases.
- NHL: Just like football, the NHL has three teams from New York: the New York Rangers, New York Islanders and Buffalo Sabres. Both the Rangers and Islanders play in the Metropolitan Division, while the Sabres are in the Atlantic.
- MLS: Major League Soccer has another pair of New York teams: the New York Red Bulls and New York City FC. The Red Bulls are one of the original MLS teams, while FC started in 2015.
- College sports: You can’t bet on New York-based college teams, but you will still have lots of options to bet on bowl games, March Madness, and other college sports.
New York futures betting
The futures markets at FanDuel are solid, with a variety of options:
- Championship futures: Maybe you think the Giants, Jets or Bills are going to win the Super Bowl, or maybe it’s that the Nets are going to come out of the East and win the NBA title.
- Regular season futures: Sometimes our favorite teams have no chance at winning a championship or even a division title. In that case, you can bet on the over/under for how many wins your team will have during the regular season.
- Player futures: Another great futures market is for player awards and accomplishments. Using the FanDuel New York app, you’ll be able to bet on MVP and rookie of the year award winners, as well as on who will lead the NFL in rushing, receiving and passing yards during the regular season.
Futures betting extends to the college ranks, as well, but just like before, be aware that you can’t bet on any New York-based college teams.
How to deposit and cash out on the FanDuel sports betting app
Being able to deposit and cash out remotely at FanDuel Sportsbook is a huge bonus for all of us New Yorkers who are looking to make betting on sports as easy as possible.
The minimum deposit at FanDuel NY sportsbook is $10. Here are all the accepted methods for depositing money into your FanDuel account:
- Debit or credit card
- Online bank transfer
- Wire transfer
- FanDuel Prepaid Play+ card
- FanDuel gift card
- In person at PayNearMe locations
And then when it comes time to withdraw money — winnings we hope — you can do so by using any of these three methods:
- Online banking transfer
- Having a check mailed to you
How to contact FanDuel Sportsbook customer support
Before you reach out to FanDuel’s customer support team, we recommend checking out the support page, where you’ll be able to search for an answer to your question. Ideally, you’ll find the answer yourself in just a couple of minutes.
If that doesn’t work, you can have a live chat with a representative 24 hours a day or you can click the “submit a ticket” button, which is basically the same as sending an email.
Responsible gambling at FanDuel New York
One way FanDuel promotes responsible gambling in NY is to allow you to place limits on how much money you can deposit and bet and how much time you are able to spend on the site.
FanDuel also allows players to suspend their accounts or cancel them entirely. The sportsbook also provides phone numbers, links and information to help users understand if they or someone they are close to might have a problem with gambling.
Where is the FanDuel retail sportsbook?
The FanDuel retail sportsbook in New York is at Tioga Downs Casino Resort in Nichols. The sportsbook offers 2,600 square feet of space and boasts eight in-person betting windows. Tioga Downs patrons also will find 27 video display boards, three sports tickers and seating for more than 50 sports bettors.
- Address: 2384 W. River Road, Nichols, NY 13812
- Phone: 888-946-8464
- Website: www.tiogadowns.com/gaming/sportsbook/
- Amenities: 12 lounge seats, two drink rails, seven high tables, $7 valet parking
- Betting: Eight betting windows
- Hours: Open daily 9 a.m.-3 a.m.
- Opened: July 2019
Is FanDuel the best sportsbook for NY sports bettors?
It just might be.
What helps separate FanDuel from other New York sportsbooks is its promotions and how it rewards bettors. FanDuel pays out its promotions in bonus bets that can be divvied up however you choose. Whereas top competitors DraftKings Sportsbook, Caesars Sportsbook and BetMGM Sportsbook tend to offer bonus bets that have to be used all at once.
FanDuel’s same-game parlay functionality also is slightly better than what you’ll find at DraftKings, Caesars and BetMGM. For example:
- At FanDuel you can combine the over/under, the moneyline and spread for a same-game parlay, while Caesars does not allow this.
- DraftKings, meanwhile, forces you to open up a specific same-game parlay window. From here, you can’t see individual odds, but only what your overall odds are once you add bets to your slip.
- BetMGM is similar to DraftKings, with the additional problem being its same-game parlay window is much slower to load, and thus even more troublesome.
When you put it all together, there’s a whole lot to like about FanDuel Sportsbook in New York.
Is FanDuel legal in New York?
Yes, FanDuel Sportsbook is completely legal throughout New York. In fact, FanDuel became one of the first online sportsbooks to open its virtual doors on the morning of January 8, 2022, in NY.
Online sportsbooks in New York are required to have a retail partner and FanDuel’s partner in the state is Tioga Downs Casino Resort in Nichols. Tioga Downs is also home to a retail FanDuel Sportsbook.
In order to bet with FanDuel New York, you must be at least 21 years of age. You also are required to be physically present in New York when placing bets or attempting to cash out wagers early. FanDuel uses geolocation software to monitor your location and there is no getting around this requirement.
Additionally, while college sports betting is legal in New York, wagering on games involving New York-based teams is prohibited. This means no betting on teams like the Syracuse Orange, the Cornell Big Red, or the Army Black Knights. Betting on eSports, entertainment events (Oscars, Emmys, etc.), elections and high school sports also are prohibited.
On top of being partnered with Tioga Downs Casino, FanDuel Sportsbook is also the official sports betting partner of the Buffalo Bills.
FanDuel Sportsbook NY FAQ
No. You do not need a FanDuel NY promo code to claim this offer. The sign-up bonus is $150 in bonus bets after a small qualifying bet. Just sign up at FanDuel NY with any of the links on this page to claim this great offer.
You don’t. In order to bet with any licensed New York sportsbook, you must be within NY state lines when placing bets. FanDuel uses geolocation technology to ensure compliance with these rules. If you’re outside the state or using a VPN, FanDuel will not permit you to bet.
Yes, you can bet on NCAA events. However, you will not be able to place any bets on college teams from New York or on NCAA events taking place there.
No, although we do recommend at least trying the app for convenience. But if you prefer, you can bet on the FanDuel website.
Yes, sports betting winnings are taxable income in the US. However, you can use your losses to help offset any big wins you might have. Sports betting losses, however, cannot offset any other income you claim on your taxes. We also highly recommend you speak with a tax specialist regarding your unique situation, as we are not and do not claim to be tax specialists.