Mike Mazzeo is the Lead Writer for PlayNY, arriving after covering several of New York’s professional sports teams in a variety of roles for the past decade.
Previously, he served as a beat writer and columnist covering the Brooklyn Nets (ESPN) and New York Yankees (New York Daily News). Mike also covered both the MLB and NBA nationally for Yahoo Sports. In addition, he served as a general assignment reporter for ESPN NewYork.com.
He has also had bylines in the New York Times, New York Post, Newsday, Forbes and The Ringer.
With PlayNY, Mike brings extensive coverage and unique story angles to what is projected to be one of the biggest and most lucrative online sports betting markets in the country. It’s been an arduous and confounding process to get here, but 20 million New Yorkers (many of them die-hards) are now legally able to bet on their favorite sports teams across the state via online and mobile platforms.
Mentions on New York sports betting
- SBNation NetsDaily: Nets trying to get in on the ‘action’ as New York State opens bidding for sports books
- BusinessInsider: Fanatics is Recruiting a Slew of Sports Betting and Gaming Execs
Writing on New York online gambling
- Fanatics Sportsbook CEO: ‘We Want To Create The Best Sportsbook For Fans Everywhere’
- NY Senator Addabbo Ready For Online Sports Betting Dream To Become Reality
- Online Sports Betting In New York Will Prohibit Wagering On In-State Colleges … For Now
- New Bill Would Add Horse Racing To NY Online Sports Betting, Allow Stadiums To Set Up Betting Lounges
- Massive 51% Tax Rate Could Have Ripple Effect On New York’s Online Sports Bettors
Stories written on NY sports
- New York Post: Spencer Dinwiddie empathetic about status: “I’m ready to play again”
- NY Daily News: 5 Yankees storylines to follow after All-Star break
- ESPN: Brooklyn Nets figure to become pretty interesting again in February
- Yahoo Sports: ‘I was drafted No. 1 for a reason’: The redemption of Markelle Fultz
Posts by Mike Mazzeo:
- Ready For Launch: What To Know About BetMGM Sportsbook Ahead Of New York Debut, 16 Jan 2022
- Looking Up: Has New York Sports Betting Already Surpassed Entire 2021 Handle Total This Week?, 14 Jan 2022
- BetMGM To Launch In New York On Monday, 14 Jan 2022
- New York Online Sports Betting Is Live, But What About Online Poker? ‘That’s In The Mix’, 14 Jan 2022
- Huddle Up: When Will Other Five NY Online Sportsbooks Go Live?, 13 Jan 2022
- Confusion, Frustration Around Caesars Sportsbook’s Promotion Shows It’s Wise To Read Fine Print, 12 Jan 2022
- PlayNY Poll: New York Bettors Prefer FanDuel, DraftKings Sports Betting Apps Early On, 12 Jan 2022
- On The Move: Line Shifting Ahead Of Buffalo Bills-New England Patriots NFL Wild Card Game, 10 Jan 2022
- Online Sports Betting In New York Debuts With A Bang, According To Geolocation Data, 10 Jan 2022
- Reaction From Day 1 As New York Celebrates Launch Of Online Sports Betting, 08 Jan 2022