Matthew Kredell reports on efforts to legalize sports wagering and online casino gaming around the country. He covered the multi-year effort to legalize online sports betting in New York from the beginning.
He talks to state lawmakers, lobbyists and industry representatives to get the scoop on new gambling developments in the Empire State and was at the forefront when the state budget included the authorization of legal online sports betting in 2021.
Matthew has covered the legal gambling industry since 2007, getting into regulated sports betting three years later.
An alum of USC, Matthew began his career as a sportswriter at the Los Angeles Daily News. He has also contributed to publications that include Playboy, Men’s Journal and ESPN.
Media mentions on New York sports betting
- Morningstar: New York officially approves legal online sports betting
- Spectrum News 1: A Layperson’s Guide to New York’s Mobile Sports Betting Proposals
- Sportico: NY eyes mobile betting by Super Bowl as NJ sets wagering records
Writing on New York online gambling
- Tioga Downs Owner Goes Off On Cuomo, New York Online Sports Betting Model
- NY Online Sports Betting Budget Details Finalized, But Questions Abound
- NY Online Sports Betting Should Make Budget, But Bettors May Not Like The End Result
- Downstate Casinos Could Mean Big Money According To NY Gaming Study
- How’d That Happen? Study Doesn’t Consider State-Run Model For Online Sports Betting
- Lawmaker Believes Delayed NY Sports Betting Study Could Arrive This Year
- Bill Sponsors Calls Integrity Fee ‘Moving Part’ in NY Sports Betting Legislation
Posts by Matthew Kredell:
- Neighboring States Not Hurt By New York Online Sports Betting Success, 11 May 2022
- Assemblyman Plans To Join Senator In Push For Online Casinos In New York, 04 Mar 2022
- Legislators Assign Old Online Sports Betting Bills As Statement To Regulators, 07 Jan 2022
- Tioga Downs Owner Goes Off On Cuomo, New York Online Sports Betting Model, 08 Apr 2021
- NY Online Sports Betting Budget Details Finalized, But Questions Abound, 06 Apr 2021
- NY Online Sports Betting Should Make Budget, But Bettors May Not Like The End Result, 31 Mar 2021
- Clock Is Ticking For NY Online Sports Betting As Senate Proposes Middle Ground With Cuomo, 29 Mar 2021
- Pretlow Expects Legislative Online Betting Plan To Beat Out Cuomo’s In Budget, 16 Mar 2021
- While Cuomo Focuses On Scandals, Lawmakers Focus On Sports Betting Push, 09 Mar 2021
- Spectrum Consulting Believes Competitive Sportsbook Model Is NY’s Best Bet, 04 Feb 2021