The No. 19 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (5-0, 3-0 ACC) will be trying to extend a five-game winning run against the Syracuse Orange (3-2, 0-1 ACC). The Demon Deacons are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -5.5). An over/under of 58.5 points has been established for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 9, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Due to New York State Law, betting is prohibited on New York college teams and college games played in New York.
- Game Day: Saturday, October 9, 2021
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Location: Syracuse, New York
- Stadium: Carrier Dome
Orange Player Insights
- Garrett Shrader has been a dual threat to lead Syracuse in both passing and rushing. He has 467 passing yards (93.4 ypg), completing 58.3% of his passes and collecting two touchdown passes and two interceptions this season. He’s rushed for 234 yards (46.8 ypg) on 46 carries with seven rushing touchdowns.
- Sean Tucker’s team-high 638 rushing yards (127.6 per game) have come on 107 carries, with seven touchdowns this year. He’s also added 175 yards (35 per game) on nine catches with one touchdown.
- Taj Harris has recorded 171 receiving yards (42.8 yards per game), hauling in 16 passes this year.
- Damien Alford’s four catches have netted him 121 yards (40.3 ypg) and one touchdown.
Orange Team Stats
- The Orange, on average, score 12.2 more points (30.4) than the Demon Deacons allow (18.2).
- In games where Syracuse scores more than 18.2 points this year, it has put together a record of 3-1.
- This year, the Demon Deacons put up 17.6 more points per game (38.4) than the Orange allow (20.8).
- This season Syracuse has a 3-2 record in games when it holds opponents to less than 38.4 points.
- The Demon Deacons defense has allowed 386 yards per game this year, just 5.6 yards fewer than the 391.6 the Orange offense has averaged.
- The Orange rank 19th with 5.3 yards per carry, compared to the 3.9 per rush the Demon Deacons give up (65th in the FBS).
Orange Betting Insights
- Syracuse has gone 4-0-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 5.5-point underdogs or more, the Orange have a perfect ATS record of 2-0.
- Games involving Syracuse have hit the over twice out of four chances this season.
- The Orange have won their only ACC game this year when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- The Orange covered the spread as 5.5-point underdogs last time out against the Florida State Seminoles, coming up short by a final score of 33-30.
- Sportsbooks listed an over/under of 50.5 for the contest, and the teams went over.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from