Having dropped two straight, the Syracuse Orange (3-4, 0-3 ACC) will take on the Virginia Tech Hokies (3-3, 1-1 ACC). The Hokies are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5). The matchup has an over/under of 45.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 23, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Due to New York State Law, betting is prohibited on New York college teams and college games played in New York.
- Game Day: Saturday, October 23, 2021
- Game Time: 12:30 PM ET
- Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
- Stadium: Lane Stadium
Orange Player Insights
- Garrett Shrader has thrown for 818 yards (116.9 ypg) to lead Syracuse, completing 54% of his passes and tossing five touchdown passes and three interceptions this season. He’s also run for 418 yards (59.7 ypg) on 82 carries with nine rushing touchdowns.
- Sean Tucker has carried the ball 155 times for a team-high 948 yards (135.4 per game), with nine touchdowns this year. He has also caught 14 passes for 224 yards (32 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Courtney Jackson has hauled in 20 passes for 207 yards (29.6 yards per game) this year.
- Taj Harris’ 16 catches have netted him 171 yards (42.8 ypg).
Orange Team Stats
- The Orange have averaged 8.8 more points this year (29) than the Hokies have allowed (20.2).
- Syracuse is 3-2 overall when scoring over 20.2 points this year.
- The Hokies score just 1.3 fewer points per game (21.7) than the Orange give up (23).
- When Syracuse allows opponents to score less than 21.7 points, it has a 2-2 record.
- The Orange offense has averaged 404 yards per game this season, 65.7 more yards than the 338.3 the Hokies defense has allowed.
- The Orange are 103rd in the FBS in third-down percentage (34.8%), and will be looking to stay on the field against the 14th-ranked defense in that category, owned by the Hokies (30.5%).
Orange Betting Insights
- Syracuse has put together a record of 6-0-0 against the spread this season.
- The Orange are 4-0 ATS when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Syracuse games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times out of six chances this year.
- Syracuse has covered three times in three games with a spread in conference action this year.
- The Orange have won each of their three ACC games this season when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- The Orange lost in their last outing by a final score of 17-14 against the Clemson Tigers, covering the spread as 13.5-point underdogs.
- The teams combined for 31 points, hitting on the under on a point total of 44 points.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from