The Florida State Seminoles (0-4, 0-2 ACC) will be aiming to end a four-game losing streak against the Syracuse Orange (3-1, 0-0 ACC). Despite that, the Seminoles are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -5.5). The over/under for this one is set at 50.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 2, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Due to New York State Law, betting is prohibited on New York college teams and college games played in New York.
- Game Day: Saturday, October 2, 2021
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Location: Tallahassee, Florida
- Stadium: Doak Campbell Stadium
Orange Player Insights
- Garrett Shrader has thrown for 317 yards (79.3 ypg) to lead Syracuse, completing 59.5% of his passes and tossing one touchdown pass and one interception this season. He’s also run for 97 yards (24.3 ypg) on 30 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Sean Tucker, has carried the ball 83 times for 536 yards (134 per game), with seven touchdowns this year. He’s proven to be a dual threat, racking up 175 receiving yards (43.8 per game) on nine catches with one receiving touchdown.
- Taj Harris has collected 171 receiving yards (42.8 yards per game), reeling in 16 passes this year.
- Damien Alford’s two catches have netted him 92 yards (46 ypg) and one touchdown.
Orange Team Stats
- The Orange’s average points scored this year (30.5) and the Seminoles’ points allowed (31.8) are within 1.3 points of each other.
- The Seminoles put up 23 points per game, 5.2 more than the Orange surrender per matchup (17.8).
- This season Syracuse has a 2-1 record in games when it holds opponents to fewer than 23 points.
- The Orange offense has accumulated 22.7 less yards per game than the Seminoles defense has surrendered this year (392.3 to 415).
- The Seminoles rank 94th in college football with three turnovers forced, while the Orange have committed three (27th).
Orange Betting Insights
- Syracuse has covered the spread three times over three games with a set spread.
- The Orange have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- This year, Syracuse’s games have hit the over once out of three chances.
- The Orange picked up a 24-21 victory last time out against the Liberty Flames, covering the spread as 6.5-point underdogs.
- A total of 54 was set for that game, which the teams went under.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from