The Clemson Tigers (3-2, 2-1 ACC) take college football’s 24th-ranked rushing defense into a contest versus the Syracuse Orange (3-3, 0-2 ACC), with the No. 9 rushing attack, on Friday, October 15, 2021. The Tigers are major, 13.5-point favorites. The total for this one is set at 45 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 15, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Due to New York State Law, betting is prohibited on New York college teams and college games played in New York.
- Game Day: Friday, October 15, 2021
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Syracuse, New York
- Stadium: Carrier Dome
Orange Player Insights
- Garrett Shrader has been a dual threat to lead Syracuse in both passing and rushing. He has 627 passing yards (104.5 ypg), completing 57.5% of his passes and throwing four touchdown passes and two interceptions this season. He’s rushed for 412 yards (68.7 ypg) on 75 carries with eight rushing touchdowns.
- Sean Tucker has carried the ball 133 times for a team-high 791 yards (131.8 per game), with nine touchdowns this year. He has also caught 12 passes for 204 yards (34 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Courtney Jackson has put up a 178-yard season so far (29.7 receiving yards per game), hauling in 16 passes.
- Taj Harris’ 16 grabs have netted him 171 yards (42.8 ypg).
Orange Team Stats
- The Orange have scored 31.5 points per game this year, 19.3 more than the Tigers have given up.
- When it exceeds what Clemson gives up this season (12.2 points per game), Syracuse is 3-2.
- This year, the Tigers score just 2.8 fewer points per game (21.2) than the Orange give up (24).
- Syracuse has a 2-1 record overall in games when it gives up fewer than 21.2 points.
- The Orange have a 103.4-yard advantage in total yards gained per game versus total yards allowed compared to the Tigers (412 to 308.6).
- The Orange average 7.3 yards per pass attempt (79th in the FBS) compared to the 5.8 per pass the Tigers allow (eighth in college football).
Orange Betting Insights
- Syracuse has covered the spread in a matchup five times this year (5-0-0).
- Syracuse’s games have gone over the total three times out of five chances this year.
- The Orange lost in their last outing by a final score of 40-37 against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons, covering the spread as 5.5-point underdogs.
- Sportsbooks posted an over/under of 58.5 for the matchup, and the teams hit on the over.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from