Unibet Sportsbook NY Bonus Code and Sign Up Bonus
If you want to bet on sports without having to go to a retail sportsbook location in New York, one solution could be to use the Unibet Sportsbook app, which allows you to place bets from anywhere in New Jersey.
You can create your Unibet account, make deposits and withdrawals and even check lines and get your bets organized, all while in NY. The only time you will need to be in New Jersey is when you actually are placing your bets.
In this Unibet Sportsbook review, you’ll discover everything you need to know about Unibet, one of the top European oddsmakers, including its two-part welcome bonus.
Let’s get going, starting with Unibet’s bonus for New Yorkers.
- New users receive a risk-free first bet of up to $100
- Partnered with Hard Rock Casino in Atlantic City
- iOS and Android apps available
Unibet Sportsbook sign up bonus
When you create a new Unibet Sportsbook account, your first bet with Unibet will be risk-free up to $100, meaning that if the bet is unsuccessful, your losses will be refunded up to the maximum of $100. To access this bonus, just follow our link when creating your account.
Unibet Sportsbook Bonus Code NY 2023
|Online Sportsbook||Unibet Sportsbook|
|Unibet NY Bonus code||BETBONUS|
|Sign-Up Bonus||Risk-free first bet up to $100|
|Online since||September 2019 in New Jersey|
|Last updated||March 2023|
How does the Unibet Sportsbook bonus work?
When it comes to the $100 risk-free bet, all you have to do is make your first cash bet on any event you want. If you don’t win, you will be refunded an amount equal to your losses up to $100. If your first bets win, then nothing happens (except you collect your winnings, of course). Just be sure to enter the Unibet bonus code BETBONUS when creating your account or making your initial deposit.
Here are a couple of things to be aware of in regard to the risk-free offer:
- Your first cash bet needs to be for $10 or more to be eligible for the refund.
- Unlike at the majority of online sportsbooks, your refund at Unibet is in the form of cash, and there are no restrictions on withdrawing the money. So you could get your refund and then withdraw it. At most books, you get free bets or credits that require you to make another wager.
Overall, Unibet Sportsbook’s welcome bonus is of high quality. The fact that the risk-free bet offer is in cash that you can withdraw is what really separates it from similar offers at other sportsbooks.
Unibet Sportsbook NY promotions
You will find plenty of fun, quality promotions on the Unibet Sportsbook app. The promos begin with Unibet’s welcome bonus and just keep coming from there.
- Level-Up Parlay Booster: This is arguably Unibet’s best offer because not only can you receive up to a 50% increase on your parlay winnings, but you receive your winnings in cash. A three-leg parlay is increased by 4%, a five-leg bet rises by 12%, and the bonus goes all the way up to 50% on a 12-legger. The only major stipulations are that all your selections must have betting odds of -200 or longer, the max you can bet is $100 and the max extra you can win is $20,000.
- Sport-specific offers: Unibet also offers promotions that are for specific sports bets. For example, you can increase your tennis winnings by 25%. Or, during the 2020 NFL season, Unibet had a PigSkin Parlay boost that increased your football parlays, as well.
- Weekly live boosts: You also will see weekly profit boosts for select live betting. For instance, you might get a 20% profit boost to use on the college football game of your choosing or a 10% profit boost on an in-game soccer bet.
Unibet clearly knows what it’s doing when it comes to promotions, and we have no doubt that you will be happy with the Unibet Sportsbook promotions.
Is Unibet legal in New York?
Yes, it is 100% legal to download and use the Unibet sports betting app in New York.
You can download the Unibet NJ app on your iPad, iPhone or Android device and control your account just like you would in New Jersey. You can deposit and withdraw money from your account while you’re in NY. You also see lines and even add bets to your Unibet slip.
The one thing you will not be able to do, though, is place any bets from the Empire State. For that, you will need to travel to New Jersey. Once you’re physically in the Garden State, all you need to do is make sure the geolocation software on your device is activated and then you can place your bets. Also, remember you must be at least 21 years old in order to legally wager on sports.
Finally, if you travel, you also will be able to use the Unibet app in states where Unibet is legal. Currently, that means you can make bets from New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Indiana. Unibet Sportsbook is expected to launch in Colorado, Michigan, Illinois, Tennessee and Virginia in the near future.
How to create a Unibet account in NY
You can create your Unibet online sportsbook account entirely online and from New York, using the Unibet website or app to do so. If you haven’t downloaded the app for your Android or iOS device, you can follow our links to do so.
Then simply follow the steps to register with Unibet and you’ll be ready to start placing your bets.
- Open the app or webpage and select “join now.”
- Input all of your account details: email address, password, gender, full name, date of birth, home address, cell number and answers to two security questions. Last thing, check a pair of boxes stating that you are at least 21 and everything you entered is accurate.
- Once you select “join,” a box will pop up where you’ll need to enter the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- And then as a final line of security you need to answer three questions that are specific to you in order to confirm your identity. If you are unable to do so, you will need to upload a form of ID.
Just keep in mind that while you can register and manage your Unibet account remotely, you need to be in New Jersey when making any bets.
Unibet Sportsbook app
If you do not already have the Unibet Sportsbook app on your iPhone, iPad or Android gadget, you can get it by following our links. You first need to download it, then install it on your mobile device.
If you are familiar with sports betting apps, you might be a little surprised by how plain and simple Unibet’s offering is, but that’s not a bad thing. Instead the entire Unibet app feels dedicated to making betting on sports easy.
How to place bets on Unibet
Once you’re logged in, you can make a bet by finding the game you want to wager on and then selecting the bet you want to make. Your betting slip will pop up in the lower right corner. If you want to add more selections, just click the down arrow and it will go away.
Add as many picks as you want, and when you are ready to bet, open the bet slip and choose to make single, parlay or round robin wagers. Then, as long as you’re in New Jersey, you’ll add the amount you want to bet and select “place bet.”
If you do get your bet ready before heading to New Jersey, be aware that the odds might have changed by the time you’re ready to bet. The Unibet app should let you know the odds have changed, but it still pays to check yourself.
Other key features of the Unibet app
You might notice that the Unibet app is a dual online sportsbook/casino, so if you’re interested you can play any of the online casino offerings while in New Jersey, as well.
Some of the other areas to familiarize yourself with are the promotions page and your account page. In the promos page you can see all the ongoing offers Unibet has, and you can view the terms and conditions to make sure you understand the details.
Under your account page, you can change various settings in the app, contact Unibet’s customer service department and access the Unibet cashier for deposits and withdrawals.
The app is a solid offering and one that is very easy to use. The fact that it has an online casino is another plus, but it feels hidden, so if it’s not something you’re interested in, you will barely even notice it is there.
Best features of the Unibet Sportsbook app
Here’s a look at a few areas where Unibet really excels.
- Unique promotions: Not only are the Unibet promotions distinctive, but they also are good offerings. One of the best parts about a lot of the Unibet Sportsbook promos is that you receive cash and not just free bets or site credit. You actually can cash out your bonuses, which is exactly how it should be.
- Straightforward app design: When it comes to sportsbook apps, it’s safe to say most of us are just looking for the easiest way to see the odds and place bets. And that’s exactly what you get with Unibet. There are no scrolling marquees or popups to advertise for different offers or products. It’s just about betting on sports.
- Help desk: You have the options of emailing, calling or having a live chat with the help desk seven days a week if you experience any problems. And while it isn’t open 24 hours a day, it is open from 9 a.m. to midnight, which feels more than sufficient. You also can go to the Unibet customer support center to try to find a solution on your own.
How could the Unibet app improve?
And here are our thoughts on some of the areas where Unibet could do things better.
- Add a rewards program: It is always a little disappointing to join a sportsbook and find out that there is not a rewards program associated with it. It would be great to see Unibet reward its users based on the amount of money they wager and the number of days in a row they wager, as well.
- Add more bet types: When it comes to the number of bets available for major games, Unibet has you covered. But it would be nice to see the book offer same-game parlays and/or some type of sports bet unique to it, for example, like how PointsBet has PointsBetting.
- Easier search ability: In many ways, it’s nice how simple Unibet’s app is, but when it comes to going from one sport to another or pulling up your bet slip, it can be a bit difficult. We’re not looking for more bells and whistles, just a few more tabs and links to make navigating around a better experience.
Types of bets available on Unibet
If you are just starting with sports betting, this section should help a lot. We’ve put together a list of all the bet types available at Unibet Sportsbook NJ.
- For moneyline bets, you are picking which team or individual will win a given contest. Teams with negative numbers after them are the favorites, and teams with positive numbers are underdogs.
- When betting against the spread, you’re wagering on how much a team will win a game by. When you wager on a favorite, that team must win by a specific amount, while underdogs can either win a game outright or lose by a certain amount or less to cover the spread.
- For betting on totals or over/unders, you a wagering whether a statistic will be above or below the number that Unibet offers. Totals usually refer to the combined points scored by two teams in a game.
- Prop betting is becoming bigger and bigger, thanks in part to sportsbooks like Unibet that offer so many props for games. Props are side bets, and some of the more popular ones are for who will score touchdowns during NFL games or whether specific players will homer during MLB contests.
- For parlays, you are making multiple bets (two or more) and merging them into a parlay. To win your parlay, all your selections, also known as legs, need to be right.
- Teasers are two spread bets or more in which you are teasing (changing) the line in your favor for both games by the same number of points. Teasers are most common for basketball and football.
- For round robin bets, you are making three selections or more, but they are automatically sorted into groups that allow you to miss a pick and still win some of your money. Using the Unibet app, all you need to do is make your selections, and the app will group the round robin on its own.
- Futures betting refers to bets that are taking place further in the future as opposed to only the upcoming game. Futures wagers usually are extremely popular right before the start of seasons, with users betting on which teams they expect to win the championship in the upcoming season.
- Live betting refers to any betting after a game has already started. With live betting, odds will change, sometimes rapidly and in a major way, according to what is going on during a game (score, time remaining, player injuries, etc.).
Sports you can bet on at Unibet in New York
You can bet on all the top college and professional leagues in the US using the Unibet Sportsbook app. There are markets for the NBA, NFL, Major League Baseball, UFC, PGA Tour, WNBA, NASCAR, college football and college basketball.
If you’re looking for soccer markets, Unibet has you taken care of, as you can bet on MLS, the English Premier League, the Champions League and many other international leagues. You also can bet on women’s and men’s tennis and a few smaller sports at Unibet Sportsbook.
NY sports teams you can bet on
It’s safe to say that as New Yorkers we are a little spoiled when it comes to all the sports teams we have in our state. Here’s a quick rundown of all the teams you can bet on at Unibet that are from the Empire State.
- MLB: Baseball fans can wager on the New York Yankees and New York Mets.
- NFL: If you’re a football fan, you can bet on the Buffalo Bills, New York Giants or New York Jets.
- NBA and WNBA: Basketball diehards can pick from the Brooklyn Nets or New York Knicks in the NBA and the New York Liberty in the WNBA.
- NHL: You can wager on the New York Rangers, New York Islanders and Buffalo Sabres.
- MLS: You have New York City FC and the New York Red Bulls to bet on if soccer is your game.
- College football and basketball: There are 12 Division I college football teams from the Empire State and 22 basketball teams at the same level that you can bet on. Among the more popular teams are the Syracuse Orange, Army Black Knights, St. John’s Red Storm and Buffalo Bulls. While you can bet on New York-based college teams using the Unibet app in New Jersey, you can’t bet on any NJ-based teams. You also cannot bet on any NCAA contests that are being held in the Garden State.
New York futures betting
Futures betting might be a great option if you live in New York and getting to New Jersey isn’t the most convenient. Instead of trying to bet on every game during the Yankees’ season, for instance, you can place a few futures bets before the season starts at Unibet.
You could bet on the Yanks to win the World Series or maybe just to take home the AL pennant. You even could place a futures bet on Aaron Judge to win the AL MVP.
You could do the same thing for the NHL, NFL, NBA and college football and basketball.
Futures betting can be extremely lucrative too if you’re able to identify a major long-shot that ends up winning it all one year. Just make sure to check the odds regularly on the Unibet app because they can change quite a bit when a team makes a big offseason addition, whether by free-agent signing or trade.
How to deposit and cash out on the Unibet app
One of the most important aspects of any sportsbook app is the banking options it offers. Here’s a look at all the ways you can fund your Unibet account and then cash out your winnings when the time comes. First up, here are all the ways you can deposit money at Unibet. All methods require a minimum $10 deposit:
- Online bank transfer
- Credit card
- Unibet Play+ card
- In person at Hard Rock Casino Atlantic City
- In person via PayNearMe
And here’s how you can withdraw your money at Unibet:
- PayPal (must have previously deposited money into your account using PayPal)
- Online bank transfer
- Unibet Play+ card
How to contact Unibet customer support
Unibet’s customer support department is open from 9 a.m. to midnight seven days a week.
You can reach it by calling 855-655-6310, emailing [email protected] or starting a live chat using either the Unibet website or app. You also can peruse the Unibet support page and see if you can find an answer to your problem there.
Responsible gambling at Unibet New York
Online sportsbooks offer users quite a bit of control over their own personal account to help promote responsible gambling.
At Unibet Sportsbook you can set limits for the amount of money you can wager and for the amount of time you can spend on the Unibet app and website. You also have the ability to ban yourself entirely from Unibet Sportsbook. And since your account is tied to your identity, you would not just be able to open another account.
You can find more information about responsible gambling on the Unibet app and website, including links for whom to reach out to if you have a gambling problem.
Where is the Unibet retail sportsbook?
While Unibet does have its sports betting license through Hard Rock Casino Atlantic City, it does not have a retail sportsbook at that location. You can head to Hard Rock Atlantic City to deposit money into your Unibet Sportsbook account, though.
- Address: 1000 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Phone: 609-449-1000
- Website: www.hardrockhotelatlanticcity.com/casino
Is Unibet the best sportsbook for New York sports bettors?
While Unibet Sportsbook might not be the best sportsbook for New York bettors, it is a super solid offering and one that we have no qualms about recommending.
What Unibet lacks in name recognition is made up for thanks to solid promotions that reward players in real cash. Other sportsbooks might offer what appears to be more money, but you receive it only by playing through a set amount, and even then you just receive free bets or site credit back.
Overall, Unibet is an online sportsbook in New Jersey that is a great option for New Yorkers who are looking to bet on sports remotely.
Unibet Sportsbook NY FAQ
Because Unibet is both a licensed and regulated sportsbook. That means you can rest easy knowing your money and information are protected at Unibet. When doing business with offshore sportsbooks, you don’t know that, and it could end up costing you big time.
Definitely. Unibet started in 1997 and is part of the Kindred Group, one of the biggest gambling companies in the world. Unibet’s app allows New Yorkers to bet remotely using their phones or tablets as long as they’re in New Jersey.
Yes, you can bet on NCAA events using the Unibet app, and you can bet on college teams from New York using Unibet NJ. However, you will not be able to place any bets on New Jersey-based college teams or on any NCAA games being played in the Garden State.
All bettors must be at least 21 years old in order to legally gamble on sports in the US. You also need to be located in New Jersey, or another state where Unibet is legal, when placing bets using the Unibet app. That means you must enable geolocation software on your phone, tablet or computer when you go to place any sports bets.
The FanDuel app is a little more flashy, but when it comes strictly to placing bets, both apps are very similar. You will see a few more promotions at FanDuel, and FanDuel also offers same-game parlays, which Unibet currently does not.
No, you can do everything using Unibet’s website, including placing wagers. Just remember, though, that you need to be in New Jersey when making bets, so unless you have a desktop computer in New Jersey, we highly recommend getting the Unibet Sportsbook app.