BetMGM Sportsbook NY Bonus Code & February Promotions
The BetMGM sports betting app is available for New Yorkers. Sign up with the BetMGM NY bonus code PLAYBONUS to start today.
You can enjoy numerous ongoing promotions, including significant profit boosts on multi-game parlays. And BetMGM automatically enrolls you in its M Life Rewards program, which ties into the brand’s extensive array of brick-and-mortar casinos and sportsbooks.
Here’s our full review of the BetMGM New York Sportsbook, including information on its promotions, a detailed look at the mobile app, banking options for New Yorkers to fund their accounts, and the BetMGM loyalty scheme. We’ll even cover ways it could improve, and how it stacks up against top New York competitors like Caesars, FanDuel, and DraftKings.
BetMGM New York Sportsbook bonus code – February 2023
The BetMGM NY bonus code is PLAYBONUS. Sign up to BetMGM Sportsbook and start betting on the BetMGM app immediately. As of February 2023, BetMGM is not offering a welcome bonus in New York, but that could change and this code will unlock any available rewards.
|New York Sportsbook||BetMGM Sportsbook|
|BetMGM NY Bonus Code||PLAYBONUS|
|Welcome Offer||No welcome offer currently available|
|Best Feature||M Life Rewards Club|
|Last Updated||February 2023|
How does the BetMGM New York first bet welcome bonus work?
Please note: BetMGM New York currently does not offer a welcome bonus. This section details how the welcome bonus worked in the past and is likely to work should BetMGM resume offering it.
The BetMGM New York welcome bonus was a great way to get started as your first bet on the site was refunded if it lost with BetMGM bonus bets. Here are more details:
- When signing up for your account, be sure to enter the BetMGM NY Sportsbook promo code PLAYBONUS when prompted
- Make a deposit on the site
- Your first bet to settle on the site is automatically the one eligible for this promotion
- If you win your first bet, you will find the winnings in your account as usual
- If you lose that first bet, BetMGM gives you a do-over of sorts. BetMGM will refund the entire amount of the bet, to a maximum of $1,000 as bonus bets
- This is not actual cash you can withdraw, but you can use your bonus bets to bet on any event you like
- You need to make your wager within seven days of creating your account to qualify for the first bet offer.
Current BetMGM Sportsbook promotions
Beyond the sign-up offer, BetMGM also offers its customers a solid selection of ongoing promotional offerings. There’s a dedicated tab where you can explore all of the current promos, and many of them are also featured front and center in the main betting lobby. Here are just a handful of the promotions BetMGM Sportsbook has run in the past.
- Bonus live bet: If you make a $50 live bet on any NFL game, you’ll get a $20 bonus wager that you can use for additional in-game betting.
- NHL Playoff overtime promo: During the NHL Playoffs, you can get your money back, as a bonus bet, if the team you placed a moneyline bet on loses in overtime. Must opt-in, good for up to $25.
- NBA Playoff overtime promotions: All you have to do is opt-in to this BetMGM NY promo. Next, place a moneyline bet on an NBA Playoff game. If your team loses in OT, you get your money back, in the form of a bonus bet, for up to $25.
- Multi-sport parlay boost: BetMGM offers a profit boost of up to 40% on select multi-sport four- to seven-leg parlays.
This is a solid array of ongoing promo offers, and BetMGM is also frequently updating the tab with new opportunities for users to take advantage of.
How to create a BetMGM Sportsbook account in NY
To get the account creation process started with BetMGM, the first step is to visit BetMGM.com here. From there, you’ll be redirected to a new page that outlines the first wager welcome bonus that you are now eligible for.
You’ll see a gold button that’s labeled “register.” Clicking on that brings you to a new screen where you’ll enter an email address and password. Afterward, you’ll be asked to enter some basic information, including:
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
It’s all standard information that’s required by legal and regulated sportsbooks across the nation. After you’ve entered all of your details, you’ll check off some boxes, enter the BetMGM New York promo code PLAYBONUS and click complete. Your new account will be created right away. From start to finish, you’re looking at just a few minutes.
Remember that you must be physically located in-state when placing bets.
BetMGM New York app review
After your new account is created with BetMGM, there’s one more step to take care of. You’ll want to download the app that correlates with your device. The BetMGM New York Sportsbook app is available for iOS and Android users.
The important part to remember is that you should have your account all set prior to this step by clicking visiting the sportsbook and signing up with the BetMGM bonus code PLAYBONUS. That entitles you to any available welcome offers.
Once you’re signed up, find the download spot on the BetMGM website for the iOS or Android app. Follow the download prompts, then go ahead and log in on your phone or tablet. You now have access to BetMGM sportsbook on the go!
BetMGM online sportsbook features and benefits
All New York online sportsbooks allow you to place a variety of bets on sporting events around the world. With such a robust betting market the odds offered are competitive across the board as well. So, why should you choose BetMGM NY? What are some of the unique features and benefits? Let’s take a look:
- Easy Parlay Builder: At BetMGM you can create cross-sport parlays in minutes with relative ease. Here’s an example of a recently parlay I built.
First, I clicked on the “Easy Parlay” tab, and it took me to the parlay builder. I started on the NBA where I was easily able to switch from spread, total and moneyline bets. Then I moved over to college basketball, before finally selecting a couple of NHL bets.
Literally, in less than two minutes I had created this six-leg parlay: New York Knicks -8.5/-110, Brooklyn Nets-Sacramento Kings Under 229.5/-110, Oklahoma State +425, Georgetown +10.5/-110, Toronto Maple Leafs -1.5/+105 and Edmonton Oilers-San Jose Sharks over 6.5/+100. Final odds of +14876. I put a $1 on it with the chance to win $149.77.
- BetMGM Rewards: Shortly after launching in New York, BetMGM switched its rewards program from M life Rewards to BetMGM Rewards. The way BetMGM Rewards works is very simple — you earn rewards points for every bet you place. The more points you earn the higher your tier ranking. You’ll earn more points when placing parlay compared to straight bets.
I was surprised to find out that I got a $10 bonus bet on my birthday and another $10 bonus bet on the one-year anniversary of when I placed my first bet. The birthday and anniversary bonus bets go all the way up to $100 for Platinum members or $200 if you reach Noir status, which is invitation only.
- BetMGM promotions: We’ve mentioned it before, but it’s worth saying again, the promotions at BetMGM NY are second to none. I make a point of checking the BetMGM promotions each day to see what new offers have been posted.
For instance, when I checked this morning, I saw that I still had my Parlay Plus booster and NBA One-Game Parlay special offers activated. But I also found a Daytona 500 and EPL specials offer waiting for me. All I had to do was click on each offer and opt-in and I was all set.
BetMGM comes our way via Roar Digital, which is a joint effort from MGM Resorts International and GVC Holdings. There’s a wealth of experience behind the scenes, and it shows via this solid sports betting product offering.
How could the BetMGM sports betting app improve?
There are two main spots for improvement that could make the BetMGM sports betting experience even better.
First up, there’s an awkward placement of the scroll bar. For most websites, the scroll bar on the far right controls the up and down movement of the page.
On BetMGM, there is a scroll bar on the far right, but it only controls a small part of the page. The main scrolling feature is located in the center of the page. It works just fine once you get used to it, but it makes scrolling a bit awkward initially.
Next, the main help button brings you to a list of topics. From there, you click on your choice, and it brings you to a more detailed list of topics that also requires you to make a selection. If you still need help from there, there’s an option to click through to support.
While not the end of the world, it would be great to have a direct link to the support feature right away. There are times when questions that simply can’t be answered in the generic form will come up, so being able to get an answer right then and there without a bunch of clicking would be a big plus.
Types of bets available on BetMGM Sports
You’ll find all of the major bet types available at BetMGM Sportsbook in NY, ranging from those that are simple to understand to ones that are a bit more complex. Here’s a quick rundown of the top bet types you’ll have to consider.
- Moneyline: This is a bet in which you are simply choosing which side you think will win from the favorite and underdog in the matchup.
- Point spread: You’re also choosing sides here, but you have to pick which one will cover the spread between the favorite minus the points or the underdog plus the number.
- Totals: These wagers revolve around the total combined points in the contest. Bettors choose the over or under on a baseline number set by oddsmakers.
- Props: These are basically like side bets on games. Many sports prop bets revolve around specific player performance metrics.
- Live bets: Also known as “in-game bets,” these are bets you can place in real-time based on what’s happening on the field of play.
- Parlays: For this bet type, you’re including multiple outcomes on a single slip in a bid to earn even greater returns, but you need to be right on every choice to cash your ticket.
- Teasers: These wagers let bettors move the spread by a designated number for multiple selections, with the odds and returns adjusting accordingly.
- Futures: These are bets you can place on future outcomes, such as the winner of the next Stanley Cup or Super Bowl.
Building out bets on the BetMGM online betting platform is really simple. You just have to click on your selections, and they will be added to the betting slip instantly. From there, you can add or subtract items as needed, or just place your wager if everything looks good to go.
Sports you can bet on at BetMGM in New York
The BetMGM online sportsbook features a really wide range of betting markets. While many operators also offer a deep bench of niche sports, BetMGM Sportsbook in New York goes the extra mile with additional choices.
If you’re looking to bet on the big game for any of the team-based sports, you’ll find it here. These are some of the most popular sports for wagering at BetMGM:
- College football
- College basketball
There’s also a great deal of interest in the major individual sports, all of which you’ll find here as well. Golf’s majors, the Tennis Grand Slams, the Daytona 500 and a big fight night are among the events from this category that attract a ton of betting volume.
Last but not least, BetMGM has plenty of smaller sports to consider. The action may not be as hot and heavy from a betting perspective in these competitions, but odds and bet types are available for those looking to take advantage of some niche markets.
- Formula One
- International sports
In short, there’s always something going on at BetMGM. From the top events and featured attractions to competitions from other areas of the globe, you’ll always be able to find something to bet on.
NY sports teams you can bet on
New York is a hotbed for sporting action. All of the major leagues are represented, and there are a plethora of collegiate teams competing across the state. Here’s a quick look at the top bet types to dig into for all of the NY teams.
- New York Giants
○ Bet on all Giants games.
○ Live betting on the NFL.
○ Giants futures and props.
- New York Jets
○Bet on all Jets games.
○ Live betting on the NFL.
○ Jets futures and props.
- New York Knicks
○ Bet on all Knicks games.
○ Live betting on the NBA.
○ Knicks futures and props.
- Brooklyn Nets
○ Bet on all Nets games.
○ Live betting on the NBA.
○ Nets futures and props.
- New York Yankees
○ Bet on all Yankees games.
○ Live betting on MLB.
○ Yankees futures and props.
- New York Mets
○ Bet on all Mets games.
○ Live betting on MLB.
○ Mets futures and props.
- New York Rangers
○ Bet on all Rangers games.
○ Live betting on the NHL.
○ Rangers futures and props.
- New York Islanders
○ Bet on all Islanders games.
○ Live betting on the NHL.
○ Islanders futures and props.
- New York Red Bulls and NYC FC
○ Bet on all Red Bulls and FC games.
○ Live betting on MLS.
○ Red Bulls and FC futures and props.
While the pro teams in the NYC metro area may capture a good deal of attention, remember that there are other clubs to root for across the great state of New York.
- Buffalo Bills and Sabres
○ Bet on all Bills and Sabres games.
○ Live betting on the NFL and NHL.
○ Bills and Sabres futures and props.
- New York college teams
○ Football: Army, Buffalo and Syracuse.
○ Basketball: Hofstra, Iona, St. John’s, etc.
○ Bet on all NCAAF and NCAAB games.
One of the best things about sports in the New York area is that there are lots of teams to root for in all of the major sports. From a betting perspective, you can stay busy all year round and will always have a local team to cheer on while doing so.
New York futures betting
The sports betting futures market keeps going all year round with some of the top offerings attracting a large amount of betting volume along the way. From a local perspective, here are some of the top ways for you to bet on futures.
- New York Giants / Jets: Bet on the Giants to win the Super Bowl, NFC / AFC or division, team regular season win totals, and players to win individual awards such as MVP.
- New York Knicks / Nets: Bet on the Knicks to win the NBA Finals, Eastern Conference or division, team regular season win totals, and players to win individual awards such as MVP.
- New York Yankees / Mets: Bet on the Yankees to win the World Series, American League or division, team regular season win totals, and players to win individual awards such as MVP.
- New York Rangers / Islanders: Bet on the Rangers to win the Stanley Cup, Eastern Conference or division, team regular-season win totals, and players to win individual awards such as the Hart Trophy.
Also, keep in mind that you can bet on futures for the teams out in Buffalo, the area MLS clubs and the various college teams. At the collegiate level, you could pick St. John’s to make the NCAA Final Four or bet on Syracuse football to win the ACC, for example.
How to deposit and cash out on the BetMGM sports betting app
Bet MGM NY has a number of funding options for users to consider. Once you’ve logged in online, you’ll find the banking section in the upper right corner near your account information. Over on mobile, the expandable menu will point out where you can deposit and withdraw.
Here’s the current list of available options.
- Bank transfer
- Credit and debit cards
- VIP Preferred
It’s a solid list overall, so there’s a good chance that you’ll be able to find something that works well for your situation.
Is BetMGM legal in New York?
Yes, BetMGM is legal in New York. The New York State Gaming Commission recommended nine operators to be licensed for mobile betting at the start of November 2021, one of which was BetMGM. The sportsbook was licensed with FanDuel listed as the primary applicant.
The actual arrival of online sportsbooks in New York came a couple months later, with BetMGM sportsbook coming online on January 17, 2022.
BetMGM is joined by Bally and DraftKings under the FanDuel umbrella. Sports betting is taxed at 51% in New York, and BetMGM is licensed for 10 years based on this tax rate.
To use BetMGM sportsbook in New York you must be 21 years of age or older and be located within NY state lines when actually placing bets. The sportsbook is required by law to use SSN verification and geolocation technology to check the age and whereabouts of every user.
How to contact Bet MGM New York customer support
BetMGM offers two main ways to get some help as the need arises: live chat and email. The live chat feature is available 24/7, while email support works through a standard trouble ticket system.
To access support, you begin by clicking on the help and contact section, which can be located at the top and bottom of the page online, or via the expandable menu on the app. You’ll have to click through some topics first, but you’ll eventually reach an option to get additional assistance.
For live chat, you’ll enter your name and email address first. You’ll then be placed in a queue to begin addressing the nature of your query. In our quick test, we were speaking to a live rep pretty quickly.
On the email side, you have to fill out a basic form and describe the nature of your issue. Once you click submit, you’ll get a response that your request has been received. A rep from BetMGM will be in touch with an answer as soon as possible.
Also, don’t forget that you can explore the dedicated help section for answers to the most frequently asked questions. There’s a good deal of info here, and many of the simpler issues can be resolved simply with a little research.
Responsible gambling at BetMGM New York
As one of the top operators in the sports betting industry, BetMGM takes responsible gambling seriously. There’s a dedicated link to the company’s policies on site for users to browse through.
BetMGM outlines exactly what problem gambling is and the signs to watch out for, and points users in the right direction should they need some help. There are additional clickable resources to be found throughout the article, as well.
As BetMGM explains on its website, this is a serious — but also treatable — problem that should never be taken lightly.
Compulsive gambling is a disease that does not discriminate. Anyone is susceptible regardless of gender, age, race or financial status. Fortunately, once detected, it is an addiction that can be successfully treated.
Where is the BetMGM retail sportsbook?
For folks in NY, visiting a retail BetMGM sportsbook will require a road trip, albeit an enjoyable one, assuming that is you like traveling to New Jersey. That’s because currently, BetMGM does not have a brick-and-mortar sportsbook in New York. The closest location is at Borgata Hotel, Casino & Casino. Here are all the details regarding Borgata.
BetMGM Sportsbook & Bar
- Location: Borgata Hotel, Casino & Spa
- Address: 1 Borgata Way, Atlantic City, NJ 08401
- Phone: 609-317-1000
- Size: 8,000 square feet
- Features: 40-foot wide LED video wall
- Bar hours: M-F: 12 p.m. – 12 a.m. S/S: 9 a.m. – 12 a.m.
- Kitchen hours: M-F: 12 p.m. – 10 p.m. S/S: 9 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Betting: Teller windows and self-serve kiosks
- Sportsbook reservations: 609-317-8006
Featuring a wide range of seating options — including outdoors as weather permits — over 20 craft beers, a full menu plus bar bites, self-charging stations and much more, the BetMGM Sportsbook & Bar at the Borgata in AC is a fantastic place to catch the games.
Is BetMGM the best sportsbook for New York sports bettors?
BetMGM labels itself as the “King of Sportsbooks” but is it truly the King of New York?
As someone who checks the New York sportsbook promotions daily, I can safely tell you that you won’t find more promos than what BetMGM has to offer. FanDuel, Caesars and DraftKings all have great bonuses, but many of their deals only apply for certain days or even certain events. At BetMGM you’ll find a myriad of bonuses that can be used every day and on a variety of events.
However, I will admit, claiming the promos at BetMGM isn’t quite as easy as it is at both FanDuel and Caesars. That’s because at BetMGM you must opt-in to promotions and sometimes you even need to select the promotion in your betslip.
As for the odds, you’ll find that BetMGM NY compares extremely favorably with what PointsBet, Caesars, DraftKings, FanDuel and WynnBET are offering. That makes sense in such a competitive market. If I just have one bet I’m looking to make, I’ll compare the odds at all the New York books and take the one that is most favorable to me. BetMGM is sometimes the best, though not always. But sometimes it makes sense to take the lesser odds because a promotion that BetMGM has still makes it the more potentially profitable place to wager.
All things considered, it’s a toss up between FanDuel and BetMGM, in part because I still like entering DFS contests from time to time, which I can’t do at BetMGM. Judging it just as a sportsbook, BetMGM is second to none in New York.
BetMGM New York FAQ
The BetMGM NY bonus code is PLAYBONUS. Currently, BetMGM does not have any welcome offer for New York bettors, but that could change, and this code would unlock the BetMGM welcome offer.
Many offshore sports betting operations are of the fly-by-night variety, so there are no guarantees that your funds and information will be secure. BetMGM is a legitimate operator with a presence in several states. It’s fully regulated as a result, so your funds and data will be secure. Specifically in New York, BetMGM operates under license from the New York State Gaming Commission.
Yes. BetMGM has a wealth of experience behind the scenes, including on the odds-making front. In our review, we found the odds and lines offered by BetMGM to be right in line with the general betting market, and in some cases even better. You may find some ticks of difference here and there, but BetMGM is on point with the odds on an overall basis.
No, there are no in-person registration requirements with BetMGM. BetMGM is a legal and regulated online sportsbook in New York.
Yes, BetMGM does offer an early cash-out feature for certain straight and parlay wagers. Once you have placed bets on the site, you’ll be able to track things in the “my bets” section. After the wagers go live, those that are eligible for live cash-out will be noted in this section. You can check back as the contest plays out to see which of your bets are eligible.