The New York Mets (72-74) will look to avoid the sweep when they host the St. Louis Cardinals (75-69) to complete a three-game series. Oddsmakers have listed the Mets as -155 favorites for the series finale, while the Cardinals are +135 underdogs to complete their sweep. Tylor Megill starts for New York while St. Louis will counter with Jon Lester.
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog||Underdog Moneyline||Runline||Total|
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings and SportsData.io as of September 15, 2021, 3:00 AM ET.
Mets Probable Starting Pitcher: Tylor Megill
- The Mets will hand the ball to Megill (3-4) for his 16th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Friday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed four hits in seven innings against the Yankees.
- He has earned a quality start four times in 15 starts this season.
- Their pitchers strike out 9.8 batters per nine innings in home games this season.
Mets Hitting Leaders
- Pete Alonso paces the Mets with 32 home runs and 86 runs batted in.
- Among the qualified hitters in MLB play, Alonso’s 32 HR rank 14th, and his 86 RBI rank 23rd.
- Jonathan Villar is batting .261 with 16 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 41 walks.
- Villar ranks outside of the top 15 in average, hits and home runs among the qualified hitters in MLB action.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from