Odubel Herrera is on the brink of his 100th hit of the season for the Philadelphia Phillies (73-72) as they get set to take on the New York Mets (72-75) on Friday. The Phillies enter the matchup as -115 favorites on the moneyline, and action gets underway from Citi Field at 7:10 PM ET, live on SNY. Philadelphia’s Zack Wheeler gets the start, and he’ll go against New York’s Taijuan Walker.
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog||Underdog Moneyline||Runline||Total|
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings and SportsData.io as of September 16, 2021, 7:00 AM ET.
Mets Probable Starting Pitcher: Taijuan Walker
- Walker (7-9 with a 4.29 ERA and 137 strikeouts in 144 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Mets, his 27th of the season.
- His most recent time out came on Saturday against the Yankees, when the right-hander tossed six innings, surrendering five earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Walker has nine quality starts under his belt this year.
- The Mets are 30-19 in the quality starts registered by their pitchers.
Mets Hitting Leaders
- Pete Alonso leads New York in home runs with 33 and runs batted in with 87.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Alonso ranks 12th in HR (33), and 23rd in RBI (87).
- Jonathan Villar is batting .260 with an OBP of .333 and a slugging percentage of .442 this season.
Think the Mets are going to go all the way? See a pennant in their future? These are the latest odds from bookmakers on New York taking home the NL East crown, the NL Pennant and the World Series. A bet on these futures only cashes in if the Mets hit those milestones and can pay big, as a 100 dollar bet on New York to win the World Series would net the bettor 10,000 dollars.
|To Win NLCS||+5500|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from