Play IGT Slots Online in New York
The global gaming company IGT, a.k.a. International Gaming Technology, is responsible for many of the world’s most popular casino games, in particular IGT slots. Players in New York and throughout the world are likely familiar with IGT slots like Wheel of Fortune, Da Vinci Diamonds, Cleopatra, and many others featured both in retail and online casinos.
With headquarters in London and offices in the US and Italy, IGT has proven an innovative leader with the development of the first major progressive slot, Megabucks—just one of its many achievements. Today, IGT casino slots and other games are played in over 100 countries.
Read on for more about IGT’s history and some of its most popular slots.
History of IGT casino games
IGT began as a Nevada-based gaming company. It was founded in the 1970s as “Sircoma” by the legendary entrepreneur William “Si” Redd. Redd was an industry innovator whose many contributions included helping spark the rise of video poker. The company was later renamed International Gaming Technology. It went public in 1981.
Soon, IGT became one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of slot machines. One of its most important innovations was the development of progressive slots that link multiple machines in a network to produce especially large jackpots (a.k.a. a wide-area progressive jackpot). The first progressive slot machine introduced by the company was Megabucks in 1986, with a then-unheard-of $1 million jackpot.
That was the same year Redd sold the company, which became known as GTech before later re-adopting the International Game Technology moniker. Meanwhile, the company acquired a number of other gaming brands over the years, expanding its reach and portfolio and becoming a global leader in all types of gaming.
Most popular IGT slot machines online
IGT has well over 200 slots in its vast and varied catalog. Many are available both in retail casinos and online. These include several of the most popular real money slots around: games that players expect to find in any casino. Here are five of the most-played IGT slots.
Wheel of Fortune
Wheel of Fortune wholly represents the creativity IGT puts into its slots. The game began as a standard three-reel slot with just one payline, though an extra mechanical wheel up top (the “wheel of fortune”) could additionally award a 1000x prize. More features were added over the years, including multiplier wilds, a wider selection of paylines and gold spins.
The game also incorporates lots of fun, immersive features, such as sound effects like the crowd chanting “Wheel of Fortune!” (as on the TV show) when you hit a bonus. There are over a dozen variations on the theme available now, too, including Wheel of Fortune Double Diamond, Wheel of Fortune Triple Extreme Spin and Wheel of Fortune on Tour.
Here’s another famous and storied IGT title. Cleopatra boasts a dark, exotic theme, complete with ancient Egyptian symbols, sound effects, and voiceovers, plus opportunities for multiplier increases and free spins to keep players engaged.
The scarab beetles, hieroglyphics, and various Egyptian gods certainly entertain, with the Sphinx symbol being the one to watch. Three of those will trigger a bonus game that can reward up to 100x your bet. The game features five reels with three spots per reel. Keep an eye out for Cleopatra II as well, a similar game with different symbols and more ways to win.
Exile yourself into a cold Russian winter with Siberian Storm, a unique slot with five reels in a diamond-shaped design (arranged in a 3-4-5-4-3 scheme) with a whopping 720 paylines. The high number of paylines comes thanks to the game being part of IGT’s Multiway Xtra group of games. These feature higher-than-usual win patterns.
The theme centers upon the fearsome Siberian tiger, one of several symbols along with the tiger’s claw and eye. Earn free spins, play the bonus game, and enjoy the game’s relatively high return-to-player percentage of 96%.
Da Vinci Diamonds
Another iconic title, Da Vinci Diamonds, is a longtime favorite among players thanks to its sparkly design and signature cascading, tumbling reels. The design is simple but attractive, with gems, the Mona Lisa, and other Leonardo Da Vinci paintings filling the screen.
The game entertains with winning symbols exploding to allow others to fall downward. There are five reels and 20 paylines with wild spaces. Plus, there’s a free spin bonus round with its own set of symbols.
With Monopoly, IGT turns the classic board game into a now-classic slot. In fact, there are over a dozen Monopoly-themed IGT slots, all differently recalling the money-making game, its iconic player pieces (race car, thimble, top hat, etc.) and monocle-wearing Monopoly Man (a.k.a. Rich Uncle Pennybags).
While Hasbro has now licensed the Monopoly brand to other slot developers, it all started with this IGT classic. Look for plenty of bonus features, different reel layouts, varying numbers of paylines and frequent chances at multipliers and free spins. You can even roll a dice and move around a virtual Monopoly board as an added twist.
Other top IGT slot games
There are many other favorites to be found among the IGT collection of slots. This additional list of best IGT slot machines includes the following:
- Megabucks — The original progressive slot remains a favorite with a simple, attractive design and a chance at huge eight-figure paydays.
- Texas Tea — Head out to the Texas oil fields with a cartoon tycoon and enjoy the cacti, yellow roses, armadillos, longhorn steers, oil derricks, and other symbols as well as a high 97.3% RTP.
- Wolf Run — Wild wolves howl at the moon when you win big on this five-reel, 40-payline slot.
- Lord of the Rings — Journey through Middle Earth on several LOTR-themed games based on the J.R.R. Tolkien novels and popular Peter Jackson-directed film adaptations.
- Ghostbusters — Another movie tie-in game, this one features nifty 3-D effects and an immersive soundtrack with ghost symbols (of course), Stay Puft Free Spins, and a Slimer Bonus, among other fun elements.
- Lobstermania — This fun, fishing-based game is full of catchy songs and centers on Lucky Larry pulling up lobster pots. Meanwhile, you pull up winnings amid the waves, speed boats, lighthouses, and sea creatures.
- Back to the Future — Incorporating video clips from the hit comedy/sci-fi trilogy, this slot allows you to play along with Marty, Doc, and other characters and enjoy a potentially huge payout via the Time Flies feature.
- Sex and the City — Another tie-in game, this slot based on the popular TV show offers bonus games involving Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda.
What sets IGT slots apart?
With such a long and storied history, IGT slots have a well-earned reputation among players both for their variety and for a number of favorite features. These features include:
- Progressive jackpots: When it comes to IGT slots, we must start with progressive jackpots, given the company’s pioneering status on that front. The original Megabucks progressive slot machine featured a $1 million jackpot, but today those jackpots start at $10 million. IGT’s MegaJackpots series of slots provide multiple ways to play progressive slots and have a chance at those life-changing wins.
- High RTP: While not every IGT game features a high return to player percentage, a number of the company’s most popular titles are known for better-than-average RTP. Among the games most favorable to players’ fortunes are Wheel of Fortune, Texas Tea, Pharaoh’s Fortune, and Triple Diamond—all of which have 96% RTP or higher.
- Bonus rounds and free spins: Most slots offer free spins of some type, and many also have bonus rounds or games affording extra ways to win. IGT games frequently incorporate bonus rounds activated by satisfying certain conditions, such as landing a particular symbol set or winning combination. Such games add considerably to the fun, elevating gameplay beyond simply clicking “spin” over and over.
- Unique reel setups: IGT is known for diverging from traditional five-reel, three-spots-per-reel setups in favor of some novel schemes. For example, several games, like Siberian Storm, feature the diamond-shaped 3-4-5-4-3. In some cases, these novel setups pay out in multiple directions and/or feature stacked symbols as well.
- Huge library of games: Over its long history, IGT has developed more than 3,000 different games, with around 200 IGT slots currently in circulation online and in retail casinos. From such a vast library, IGT has retained its games’ best features while constantly adding new ones.
Where to play IGT slots in NY
IGT slot machines are easy to find all over New York. For starters, you can count on encountering them in every New York retail casino, including:
- Akwesasne Mohawk Casino (Hogansburg)
- Del Lago Resort & Casino (Waterloo)
- Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino (Salamanca)
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino (Buffalo)
- Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino (Niagara Falls, NY)
- Point Place Casino (Bridgeport)
- Resorts World Catskills (Monticello)
- Rivers Casino & Resort (Schenectady)
- Tioga Downs Casino Resort (Nichols)
- Turning Stone Resort Casino (Verona)
- Yellow Brick Road Casino (Chittenango)
New York has online sports betting currently but has yet to add online casinos. That said, lawmakers are considering authorizing NY online casinos. When they do, you can expect to find numerous sites featuring IGT online slots in NY. Currently, there are a number of New Jersey online casinos that do just that. NY players can create accounts right now on those sites and travel over to NJ to play real money IGT slots on them.
Each of the following NJ online casinos prominently features IGT slots. All these operators will likely launch in New York once they are authorized to do so. While IGT slots still represent the big draw, all major table games are likely to be offered at NY casinos. This includes the prospect of IGT blackjack, craps, baccarat and online roulette at New York casinos, too:
Real money online casinos, like Bally Casino, PointsBet Casino, and WynnBET Casino, offer IGT slots in states that permit online casino gambling.
IGT slots for mobile
When it comes to online play, IGT slots are optimized both for web-based browsers and mobile devices. Therefore, you can play the games either on your computer (desktop or laptop) or a smartphone or tablet via either an iOS or Android app. Most online casinos are designed to accommodate either preference. For those online casinos that feature IGT games, you’ll find they play just as well via either method.
Be sure to look for casino bonuses and promotions whenever you play IGT slots online; most sites do offer them.
Can you play IGT free slots?
Free slot games are a great option exclusive to online slots play. At most online casinos, you can play many IGT slots for free. If you’re interested in playing an IGT slot, check to see if there is a free demo version. It’s a great way to try out a game and get acquainted with its features without putting any money at risk.
Choose IGT slots
There are many reasons why IGT slots are considered some of the best in the industry. The games stem from decades of innovation, with many IGT-developed slots ranking among the most popular titles of all time. Next time you play, be sure to give IGT slots a look. In particular, check out those favorite titles discussed above (if you haven’t already).
IGT slot machine FAQs
Currently, IGT offers well over 100 online slot games available across many different sites. Of course, that’s only part of the thousands of games IGT has created over its long and storied history as one of the industry’s most accomplished game providers.
Yes, among the many highlights of IGT slots are the company’s many progressive jackpots. In fact, IGT is perhaps more identified with progressive slots than any other company, having been the originator of wide-area progressives many years ago. When perusing the selection of slots at a casino, look for the MegaJackpots versions of IGT games. These offer chances to score the cash prizes associated with progressive slots.
Yes, IGT online slots can be played via apps on a mobile device just as easily as on a computer. The titles are fully optimized for your smartphone or tablet. The only difference will be the smaller screen size.